• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that types are necessarily the first thing they have in mind with regional forms, so much as finding some common ground between an existing Pokémon concept and certain region-specific cultural hallmarks. Sure, there's the likes of Vulpix and Darumaka, but most regional forms have something more to them than just "Welp, gotta shore up the type distribution somehow!"

What ideas, features, or traditions are endemic to Hokkaido would make for good alternative interpretations of existing Pokémon?
Well, most of the Alolan Forms got types that are uncommon, rare, or completely non-existent in Kanto such as Ghost, Dark, Ice, Dragon, and Steel.

Well, most of the Alolan Forms got types that are uncommon, rare, or completely non-existent in Kanto such as Ghost, Dark, Ice, Dragon, and Steel.

That doesn't really change my point. I think the goal more than anything was mainly just doing iconic Hawaiian stuff with old Pokémon. There are a couple of exceptions, sure, and I think Vulpix and Sandshrew are definitely just there to give Alola some Ice-type representation, but what I'm getting at is that we can go back and forth all day on whether Sinnoh = Ice-type regional forms because "muh cold region" or Sinnoh = Fire-type regional forms because "lol only a couple in the Dex," but I don't really see any suggestions for unique Hokkaido-specific themes that could form a solid basis for those ideas or others, and therefore I think the point of regional forms is kind of being missed.

That doesn't really change my point. I think the goal more than anything was mainly just doing iconic Hawaiian stuff with old Pokémon. There are a couple of exceptions, sure, and I think Vulpix and Sandshrew are definitely just there to give Alola some Ice-type representation, but what I'm getting at is that we can go back and forth all day on whether Sinnoh = Ice-type regional forms because "muh cold region" or Sinnoh = Fire-type regional forms because "lol only a couple in the Dex," but I don't really see any suggestions for unique Hokkaido-specific themes that could form a solid basis for those ideas or others, and therefore I think the point of regional forms is kind of being missed.
A Regional Varient of Mr Ryme would make sense.

While the themes and overall designs of the forms may have cultural ties, the typings don’t seem to be as linked. What iconic cultural tie does Meowth’s Dark typing have to Hawaii? It is convenient that pretty much all the Alolan form typings include one type that is underrepresented in the Kanto Pokédex, and said Alolan forms were introduced right before a game with only Kanto Pokémon in it.

Mmm

I've really wanted a katana form for Honedge and its evolutions. A Japan-based region would be the best for something like that.

No clue what else they could add. Maybe any fire-type regional variants could be related to like Fuego Ironworks and smelting of ores?

While the themes and overall designs of the forms may have cultural ties, the typings don’t seem to be as linked. What iconic cultural tie does Meowth’s Dark typing have to Hawaii?

I mean, what cultural tie does *any* type have to whatever country or state or province? That seems like far too broad a question. All I'm saying is I think they do the concept first and then apply some type that would fit. Meowth's concept in Alola is selectively-bred, spoiled cats that went feral when the monarchy that imported them collapsed. Flowing from that, Dark is a fitting type for feral animals with a haughty disposition. Could they have conceived it the other way round? Sure, I guess, but like, in the case of Alolan Exeggutor or Alolan Raichu or Alolan Diglett, I find it more likely that it was concept-first. So, palm trees, surfers, volcanic glass strands that then had quasi-appropriate types applied to them rather than picking a type that Kanto lacked and then finding a Hawaii-themed way to bring that out.

I mean, what cultural tie does *any* type have to whatever country or state or province? That seems like far too broad a question. All I'm saying is I think they do the concept first and then apply some type that would fit. Meowth's concept in Alola is selectively-bred, spoiled cats that went feral when the monarchy that imported them collapsed. Flowing from that, Dark is a fitting type for feral animals with a haughty disposition. Could they have conceived it the other way round? Sure, I guess, but like, in the case of Alolan Exeggutor or Alolan Raichu or Alolan Diglett, I find it more likely that it was concept-first. So, palm trees, surfers, volcanic glass strands that then had quasi-appropriate types applied to them rather than picking a type that Kanto lacked and then finding a Hawaii-themed way to bring that out.
I agree that the concept came before the typing, but I also think that GameFreak took the typing distribution of Kanto into account for the most part when they gave the forms their typing. I mean, regular Persain is also sort of spoiled and feral and yet it is a pure Normal type. And the typings for Alolan Exeggutor, Raichu, and Dugtrio are a bit reaching to the point where I think GameFreak also had type diversity in mind when they designed them, for example.

Basically, is it that far-fetched to say that we might see some Fire type Sinnoh forms because the region has so few of them when most Alolan forms conveniently include a type that is underrepresented in Kanto or have an interesting type combo that provides more diversity--right before games where only Kanto Pokemon can be caught? I don't think GameFreak will tack on a type solely for diversity purposes, but I figure that GameFreak will use Sinnoh forms to give the player more options.

And the typings for Alolan Exeggutor, Raichu, and Dugtrio are a bit reaching to the point where I think GameFreak also had type diversity in mind when they designed them, for example.

I agree with this. I believe that they look for traits that were particular to the region to come up with designs but the typings were adjusted for type balance. There will most certainly be more fire types imo.

That it ended up looking as if Exeggutor slided into a hole from the Amigara Fault was just a bonus.
Okay so I looked this up and I know it's supposed to be scary but the phrase "This is my hole, it was made for me." Is so full of Narm I can't even.

1) His gym is easy with water or grass pokemon no problem,
The game is supposed to be playable by people with fire starters too. If you use Sinnoh's early roster, the only Pokémon even remotely able to deal an SE attack on Roark while choosing a fire starter is... Bidoof.

Starly and Shinx, other early game Pokémon can’t even put a dent on it. I kept losing to Roark before I could evolve my Chimchar and make it learn Mach Punch. Making it even more difficult is like making a hell for fire starter choosers. And Chinchar happens to be one of the very few fire types in Sinnoh so a sizeable portion of people would pick it.

strongest attack yes but that speed... if it's preveo would learn u-turn, dragon tail, zen headbut and headbut and there would be a strategy for it using the rest of his team and sandstorm then maybe.
Are you seriously suggesting highly powerful moves of powerful types, good coverage and good secondary effects for a level 14 Pokemon?

white duck only was thinking..
Not every white thing is fairy type, look at Sawanna.

6) body that deflects light, but You are right Umbreon, Beautifly and Spiritomb make more sense here. Especially the later two.
Dazzling is meant to represent garish patterns, not literal bright light. Bruxish doesn’t deflect any particularly huge amount of light, it just has bright patterns.

The game is supposed to be playable by people with fire starters too. If you use Sinnoh's early roster, the only Pokémon even remotely able to deal an SE attack on Roark while choosing a fire starter is... Bidoof.

Starly and Shinx, other early game Pokémon can’t even put a dent on it. I kept losing to Roark before I could evolve my Chimchar and make it learn Mach Punch. Making it even more difficult is like making a hell for fire starter choosers. And Chinchar happens to be one of the very few fire types in Sinnoh so a sizeable portion of people would pick it.

this could drasticaly change, they could change early pokemon taking gen 8, remember that.
marill and other pokemon like surskit, maril and others could be there.

Are you seriously suggesting highly powerful moves of powerful types, good coverage and good secondary effects for a level 14 Pokemon?

why level 14? they could change even that... give it higher, make more oponents before, make you get what you got in gen 8 when comes to tutor moves... Even starters may learn maybe moves more early take that into account.

Not every white thing is fairy type, look at Sawanna.

yeah, remember that...

Dazzling is meant to represent garish patterns, not literal bright light. Bruxish doesn’t deflect any particularly huge amount of light, it just has bright patterns.

got it. Then Beautifly would fit in that and would deserve it for sure taking how much Butterfly got.
Spiritomb also should fit, would be nice for it.

this could drasticaly change, they could change early pokemon taking gen 8, remember that.
marill and other pokemon like surskit, maril and others could be there.
The Dex remains mostly the same for remakes.

why level 14? they could change even that... give it higher, make more oponents before
Level 14 because you battle the first gym at that level. Or are you suggesting that people battle the first gym with a fully evolved starter? The rest of the sentence makes no grammatical sense.

The Dex remains mostly the same for remakes.
I know but they should give posibility of obtaining regional forms from foreign trainers and
its gen 4 the gen that brough many new evos of old pokemon, there should be potential for a diffrent Sirfetched , Obstagoon, Cursola regional forms or evolutions there too... maybe like Cogrifagus and Runigerus got.

Also obtaining all fossils of all regions after main game or after 8 gym should be possible.

I know but they should give posibility of obtaining regional forms from foreign trainers and
its gen 4 the gen that brough many new evos of old pokemon, there should be potential for a diffrent Sirfetched , Obstagoon, Cursola regional forms or evolutions there too... maybe like Cogrifagus and Runigerus got.

Also obtaining all fossils of all regions after main game or after 8 gym should be possible.
We’re talking about early game. The most you should expect is an in-game trade for these Pokemon’s Galarian forms if they make it to the game.
Out of those the ones that are already in the Sinnoh dex would be most probably the only ones to appear and none of them are early game in Sinnoh.

So yeah, not an argument since none of those are early game Sinnoh Pokemon.

We’re talking about early game. The most you should expect is an in-game trade for these Pokemon’s Galarian forms if they make it to the game.
Out of those the ones that are already in the Sinnoh dex would be most probably the only ones to appear and none of them are early game in Sinnoh.

So yeah, not an argument since none of those are early game Sinnoh Pokemon.
Alolan Meowth and Persion are in Sword and Shield, so yeah, I can see Galarian Mr Mime and Mr Ryme, as well as Persserker getting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom