• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re talking about early game. The most you should expect is an in-game trade for these Pokemon’s Galarian forms if they make it to the game.
Out of those the ones that are already in the Sinnoh dex would be most probably the only ones to appear and none of them are early game in Sinnoh.

So yeah, not an argument since none of those are early game Sinnoh Pokemon.

weird, there always should be more low level pokemon in a area no Azurill, Wooper, Wingul, Poliwag, Buizel, Surskit, Lotoad in route 1 or 2? Shelos, Corpish, Krabby? somewhere?
this should be early on... on land walking water types... come on...
psyducks at route 3? they need to change that... water, grass should be early on... and more pokemon then that...

I personally always wonder why we wont get early on a first stage dragon, ghost , fairy and other types more early sometimes in some regions.... A skarmory or something early on... ghost and dark types by night... we still need to train it and level it up longer.

Hope that Roarks Geodude gets Sturdy and the rest better moves.
Stealth Rock, Rock Tomb, Headbutt, Fling(as first move and with item) would be cool...
Onix with Dragon Tail , Dig, Sandstorm and Rock Tomb.
Cranidos(send out second) Dragon tail(should learn it), U-turn, Headbutt, Rock Polish/Rock Tomb.

a stealth rock, switching strategy(for medium or advanced level players if they do a 3 stage level chose system with beginners with basics) Rock Polish is good but wastes of time, would give him berries to restore hp or items to gain speed. Also why not boost gym leaders pokemon individual in stats like speed, defense and sp. defense to make them more roboost and make their level depending from the one you achieved with a dynamic code count for the whole team. If you trained a super strong pokemon(the strongest in your party) your oponent Cranidos will be stronger then it +3 or 5 level and the rest will be Onix equal strong as it is and Geodude -3 level then it.... I would make this with all gyms actrually, that their pokemon level will depend from the strongest pokemon in your party.

Give options of defog and rapid spin users early, beginners players will like that.
My friend revcently showed me a samurai game because its hard not easy, I also liked pokemon games because I liked to take on the hard and become good.

and one thing would be cool if you and the gym leader could use the same amount of pokemon, if its a 3vs3 then no cheating with using more pokemon to win...

also the rule of switching one pokemon during battle and disqualification for switching without using items and moves would be nice...

Meowth isn't the Sinnoh Dex, unless it gets added in.
I was just using it as an example.

Silphspectre said something along the lines in one of his videos that Pokemon is planning a Gen 3 approach when releasing the Pokemons. Which is doubtful because we all know that SwSh has been rushed.

Arlo has made quite an honest and understandably balanced review over the games only yesterday. Gameplay and Wild Area are the only redeeming factors of the game, but not enough to save it from the lacking features, rushed programming, graphics and opportunities.

The game is supposed to be playable by people with fire starters too. If you use Sinnoh's early roster, the only Pokémon even remotely able to deal an SE attack on Roark while choosing a fire starter is... Bidoof.

Starly and Shinx, other early game Pokémon can’t even put a dent on it. I kept losing to Roark before I could evolve my Chimchar and make it learn Mach Punch. Making it even more difficult is like making a hell for fire starter choosers. And Chinchar happens to be one of the very few fire types in Sinnoh so a sizeable portion of people would pick it.

Dead wrong here. You have several options for Roark if you choose Chimchar. You can go to Rt. 204 and catch a Budew which learns Mega Drain at Lv. 13. You can catch your own Geodude and teach it Magnitude at Lv. 15. You can catch a Machop on Rt. 207 and use Low Kick or Karate Chop. In Platinum, you can also catch Psyduck in Oreburgh Gate and Rt. 207 and teach it Water Gun at Lv. 9. Would extra and more prevalent options be nice? Sure, most of these are admittedly out of your way and/or require some grinding. But let's not act like there aren't viable options for that gym. You want to talk not having options for the Fire starter, Brock in RB is much worse. If you pick Charmander your options are... literally nothing that's SE against him (Yellow, FRLG, and LGPE thankfully rectified this but in RB you're sunk).

DPPt does have a few dex variety issues (and more DP than Platinum), and there might not be as much variety here as there is in later games (which really are more of an embarrassment of riches, games like BW2, XY, SM, and SwSh have what, at least half of the types before you even face the first gym/trial?), but the early game variety isn't that bad. If there's any variety issues that need to be rectified, it's the total amount of certain types like Fire and Dragon. Other than that, pretty much everything that was wrong with DP's type variety was fixed in Platinum.

Last edited:
Dead wrong here. You have several options for Roark if you choose Chimchar. You can go to Rt. 204 and catch a Budew which learns Mega Drain at Lv. 13. You can catch your own Geodude and teach it Magnitude at Lv. 15. You can catch a Machop on Rt. 207 and use Low Kick or Karate Chop. In Platinum, you can also catch Psyduck in Oreburgh Gate and Rt. 207 and teach it Water Gun at Lv. 9. Would extra and more prevalent options be nice? Sure, most of these are admittedly out of your way and/or require some grinding. But let's not act like there aren't viable options for that gym. You want to talk not having options for the Fire starter, Brock in RB is much worse. If you pick Charmander your options are... literally nothing that's SE against him (Yellow, FRLG, and LGPE thankfully rectified this but in RB you're sunk).
I’ll admit, I didn’t notice those options. I don’t have any issues with the current difficulty structure in platinum, but with Matleo suggestions about making the first Gym ridiculously strong, the options become quite difficult, specially if you’re doing a Sinnoh native only run, or don’t intend any of these to be the permanent members.

I was addressing those suggestions, so if the first gym has highly increased difficulty, then you have to go out of the way to get these Pokémon and train them with some grinding.

EDIT: they were suggesting a Mega Rampardos and Aerodactyl at the first gym and had responded to the criticism as "water and grass Pokemon can handle them just fine", that’s why I entered with the fire starter side of things.

DPPt does have a few dex variety issues (and more DP than Platinum), and there might not be as much variety here as there is in later games (which really are more of an embarrassment of riches, games like BW2, XY, SM, and SwSh have what, at least half of the types before you even face the first gym/trial?), but the early game variety isn't that bad. If there's any variety issues that need to be rectified, it's the total amount of certain types like Fire and Dragon. Other than that, pretty much everything that was wrong with DP's type variety was fixed in Platinum.
None of those Pokemon stand a chance against Rampardos unless you fully evolve them. PkmnTrainerV was responding to a user that was claiming a full-blown sandstorm team that has Aerodactyl and Rampardos on it is perfectly acceptable as a first gym since you can just pick a water/grass starter. Also, Cranidos still hits pretty hard with Headbutt unless you're using a Geodude against it or a Turtwig that spams Withdraw/Curse (even then, it has Leer).

None of those Pokemon stand a chance against Rampardos unless you fully evolve them. PkmnTrainerV was responding to a user that was claiming a full-blown sandstorm team that has Aerodactyl and Rampardos on it is perfectly acceptable as a first gym since you can just pick a water/grass starter. Also, Cranidos still hits pretty hard with Headbutt unless you're using a Geodude against it or a Turtwig that spams Withdraw/Curse (even then, it has Leer).
My personal experience was a Sinnoh native only run of platinum: I had a team of Chimchar, Starly, Bidoof and Shinx without much grinding for the first gym, and lost (unsurprisingly). I trained a little, Chimchar evolved and I won with a really small difference thanks to Mach Punch. Any amount of training would not be able to defeat the proposed first gym lineup. In fact, the single thing that balances the gym for Chimchar players (a fighting evolution) would be worthless since Aerodactyl is strong against fighting types.

My personal experience was a Sinnoh native only run of platinum: I had a team of Chimchar, Starly, Bidoof and Shinx without much grinding for the first gym, and lost (unsurprisingly). I trained a little, Chimchar evolved and I won with a really small difference thanks to Mach Punch. Any amount of training would not be able to defeat the proposed first gym lineup. In fact, the single thing that balances the gym for Chimchar players (a fighting evolution) would be worthless since Aerodactyl is strong against fighting types.
Aerodactyl is also strong against grass types so that means water types are your only actual bet for taking that gym on. Planning your team and being strategic with what types you'll include is very important, but that still doesn't mean some gyms should be flat out impossible for player to defeat if he/she picks the 'wrong' starter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Aerodactyl is way too strong for the first gym, I agree with that. You'd basically be forced to use a Water type at that point in the game (as it's weak to Electric and Ice also, but you won't have access to them at that point), and even if you did get one, its stats would be way too strong for the first gym. The first gym is fine the way it is.

Talking about Mega Evolution, Zinnia did mention the firing of the Ultimate Weapon. She said that what if there's a world where it never got fired and where Megas didn't exist.

Talking about Mega Evolution, Zinnia did mention the firing of the Ultimate Weapon. She said that what if there's a world where it never got fired and where Megas didn't exist.

We already know about that world. That was the world 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen took place in.

And also the GB worlds.
That really depends on if you want to count the remakes as the canon versions or not.

And since we count ORAS as canon to the mega verse than FRLG and HGSS should be the canon version of the regular verse with RBY and GSC being part of the GB Timeline.

GameFreak should add a toggle to the text speed in the remakes: modern and legacy. Modern would have the text speeds used in the more recent games while legacy would have the text speeds of the original Diamond and Pearl. That way I can play the game at half the speed I normally do.

I also want the options stuff and Mystery Gift to be accessible without having to quit the game, I found it really annoying that gameplay has to be interrupted because of an event or to change something like text speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom