• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, I don’t think @Grass Type Gardenia’s comment was a dig at GameFreak‘s supposed laziness.
Not that one in particular, no. But I wasn't focusing on just one post. I was just listing off several of insults they've used over the course of this thread. Repeatedly. In almost every post. Whether it's relevant or not.

Because they took out customization from ORAS, I wouldn't be surprised if they took out customization from Sinnoh remakes. I do look forward to their updated attire. Not just their regular clothes, but also their contest clothes.

Speaking of which, Juan, Wallace, and Lisia should make cameo appearances for the contests. It would be so awesome if they made Master-class contests to include Fantina, the player's mom, Jasmine, the Hoenn contest superstars, Barry, etc.

Also, I hope they have DLC anime contestants (like they did with the PWT in B2W2 with the anime league rivals) that include all the female heroines up till now and they get new illustrations and everything. Even if they are locked into one partner pokemon, it would be amazing.

Well, if they're keeping character custimization, which they have no reason not to do, then it's perfectly possible for her to wear pants.

Except we shouldn't count on it because Game Freak is a Japanese company that is greedy, lazy, and only cares about the money and will dissapoint us like always. There, I preempted your complaints. Any other insults towards Game Freak I'm forgetting?
lazy is not the word to describe them... just ''rushed''. They say that they've been working on SwSh since the release of SM in 2016, but that's only the design phase. We have to remember that they've also been working on USUM and plans for LGPE, as well as their own games at the same time. They clearly haven't the proper skills to pull off such fetes that they once did when Iwata was with them (Gen 2-5). Plus releasing the games worldwide on the same day since Gen 6 has given the games more of a toll to what it can perform. They have so much on their plate that the results of their work really shows. (mouse cursor in the credits to SwSh?)

Miyamoto once said... ''A delayed game is eventually good, while a rushed game is forever bad.''

Please tell me that doesn't sum up the difference between Animal Crossing: New Horizons and SwSh to a T?

lazy is not the word to describe them... just ''rushed''. They say that they've been working on SwSh since the release of SM in 2016, but that's only the design phase. We have to remember that they've also been working on USUM and plans for LGPE, as well as their own games at the same time. They clearly haven't the proper skills to pull off such fetes that they once did when Iwata was with them (Gen 2-5). Plus releasing the games worldwide has given the games more of a toll to what it can perform. They have so much on their plate that the results of their work really shows. (mouse cursor in the credits to SwSh?)
Which is why the only answer is to take years off. But unfortunately, Game Freak isn't interested in taking years off.

Which is why the only answer is to take years off. But unfortunately, Game Freak isn't interested in taking years off.
They've sadly turned themselves into a game production line, heading by TPCi that gains more money by less effort. Once upon a time, it was the games that were first, with merchandising second. Now it has gradually become more and more of the opposite way around, so much so that I saw it like 10 years ago. But I never imagined it to become something like this.

Here's how it likely happened within the GF office between 2016-2020

x20162017201820192020
Research/Planning StageLGPE/Sword and ShieldSword and Shield/Gen 4 RemakeGen 4 Remake/??? (possible SWSH Sequal)??? (Possible SWSH Sequal)/Gen 9Gen 9
Programming USUMLGPESword/ShieldGen 4 Remake??? (Possible SWSH Sequal)
Game ReleaseSMUSUMLGPESWSHGen 4 Remake

The very long story short of it is that at some point, somewhere along the line, Game Freak f***ed up big time.
especially the lore. By getting rid of Mega Stones, even if they did bring it back in the Gen 4 Remake and get rid of Dynamax/Gigantamax, and if they don't make a better version of SwSh, then they certainly have messed up big time. They make it look as if they're sticking their nose into British affairs where they do not belong.

Happy 2020 everyone, let us hope for the new year.

Lore's been screwed up since the first gen 1 remakes.

How, exactly?
I cannot tell you politics on this site I'm afraid. All I can tell you is where the word Dexit comes from.

Fans coined that term, though. Game Freak is blameless enough there to not be considered sticking their nose in the UKs business.
With one of TPCi's offices located in London, and with Nintendo against Brexit, it's not too difficult to realise the reasons of why they would make a mockery out of it.
that I do not wish to go any further, so let's just go back to the topic at hand, please?

I'm confused.

There's a reason I stopped paying attention to politics after middle school US history.

With one of TPCi's offices located in London, and with Nintendo against Brexit, it's not too difficult to realise the reasons of why they would make a mockery out of it.
that I do not wish to go any further, so let's just go back to the topic at hand, please?
I'm sorry, dude, but what? You think the dex cut was due to that???

I hate to ignite an argument or something but just so I can follow whatever the hell this conversation is supposed to be about, can somebody explain Brexit to me (again) in simple and unbiased terms, please.

I hate to ignite an argument or something but just so I can follow whatever the hell this conversation is supposed to be about, can somebody explain Brexit to me (again) in simple and unbiased terms, please.
If I recall correctly, wasn't that the referendum they did to decide if they separate from the European Union or not?

So they've got a crazy leader with bad hair who wants to build a wall (metaphorically) between one country and some others.

Sounds familiar.

Sorry, the joke was obligatory.

So they've got a crazy leader with bad hair who wants to build a wall (metaphorically) between one country and some others.

Sounds familiar.

Sorry, the joke was obligatory.

It's complicated to wrap around. From what I know, the UK gives the EU millions of pounds every year and never get as much back, plus they ignoring and put the UK says down in any discussion. Plus the EU pushes Articles on many member states without giving the common people a say. Only those that are on top that say they know best, when in reality they only care about getting more money and power. Brexit came about because of that. When David Cameron got reelected in 2015, he promised to ask the EU to give the UK the best deal he can for the country, and if not, then there will be a referendum to leave the EU. Which you know what happened next. Only they didn't expect the vote to go against them, and in result, David bailed out so not to start the leaving process. Teresa May did, but is just to stall more time for the remainders to regroup with hopes the Leavers will get frustrated enough to forget all about Brexit. How wrong they were for next year, because all this time, they have only exposed themselves to how corrupt our leaders, UK as well as the EU truly are. Trump is also suppose to be a wake up call for america to see the corruption that's in their country also, which some do so, whilst others do not. So yes, the situation sounds almost as similar to how TPCi is treating GF and their brand right about now. Nothing but cold hard corporatism.

But with that aside, can we please talk about the Gen 4 Remake coming out possibly next year?

So, Trump from that 30's (?) television show? Yes.
30s?

He's not that...

Oooh. That would explain a lot...
It's complicated to wrap around. From what I know, the UK gives the EU millions of pounds every year and never get as much back, plus they ignoring and put the UK says down in any discussion. Plus the EU pushes Articles on many member states without giving the common people a say. Only those that are on top that say they know best, when in reality they only care about getting more money and power. Brexit came about because of that. When David Cameron got reelected in 2015, he promised to ask the EU to give the UK the best deal he can for the country, and if not, then there will be a referendum to leave the EU. Which you know what happened next. Only they didn't expect the vote to go against them, and in result, David bailed out so not to start the leaving process. Teresa May did, but is just to stall more time for the remainders to regroup with hopes the Leavers will get frustrated enough to forget all about Brexit. How wrong they were for next year, because all this time, they have only exposed themselves to how corrupt our leaders, UK as well as the EU truly are. Trump is also suppose to be a wake up call for america to see the corruption that's in their country also, which some do so, whilst others do not. So yes, the situation sounds almost as similar to how TPCi is treating GF and their brand right about now. Nothing but cold hard corporatism.

But with that aside, can we please talk about the Gen 4 Remake coming out possibly next year?
We would but we're out of material. We're going in circles here. The lab boys are stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom