• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
30s?

He's not that...

Oooh. That would explain a lot...
Well, I was referencing that show whose name I can't recall that "predicted" Trump. If I recall the plotline of the specific episode, I think it was about a snake oil seller (not sure if metaphorical) named Trump that got elected as a mayor, I think, and then wanted to build a wall to keep immigrants out. I might be confusing some details, but that's what I recall.

EDIT: I got confused. It was from 1958. From the Vanity Fair article that mentioned it (AKA the first Google result):

Vanity Fair said:
Of all the books and movies that presaged the rise of our reality-TV president—Sinclair Lewis’s 1935 novel It Can’t Happen Here; Neil Postman’s 1986 polemic Amusing Ourselves to Death; Mike Judge’s 2006 sci-fi satire Idiocracy—none are so eerily on the nose as this once-obscure, 1958 episode of Trackdown in which a demagogue named Trump attempts to convince a town that only he can save its citizens from the threats outside their borders . . . by building a wall.

K so maybe I've been "celebrating" new years' too much *cough* but I feel like things have gotten a bit strange in this thread so far?

Like dang, I hope we get gigantamax forms for a lot of the Sinnoh Pokemon, especually the starters. Like, I want full-on Napoleon Bonaparte Empoleon and Torterra carrying the world on its back and stuff. The gym leaders' aces should probably get gigantamax forms too, right? That is: Rampardos, Roserade, Lucario, Floatzel, Mismagius, Bastiodon, Abomasnow/Froslass, and Luxray/Electivire. I dislike Gigantamax, honestly, but as a boss gimmick, it's not that bad? I like megas a bit more given they last longer and give stat boosts other than just to HP (afaik), but if there's anything making the game harder, I'm all for it.

But aside from that I want an Underground subplot. I really think the idea of prehistoric Pokemon had a lot of story/sideplot potential, and I think the Underground would be a lovely place to do it. Also I just may be biased given who my favorite Sinnoh characters are and what my favorite minigame is, but that's besides the point. The fossil pokemon are also a subgroup who I feel deserve a substory of their own...
Learining about what made some guy want to carve a maze-like tunnel systen under Sinnoh is intriguing to me.

Last edited:
Also. None Sinnoh's regional variants are released so far, so the next games will be a remake Sinnoh for sure though.

Let's not forget that most Gen 4 Pokemon that are in the Galar dex are only there because they are part of the evolutionary line of Pokemon from other generations.

I don't know if this has been discussed but I hope that GF doesn't uses LGPE overworld Pkmn-encounter method with the excuse of technical issues because that'll be an argument against buying the game. I hated how in SM we could olny fish in certain spots, how in ASOR Rustboro was downsized in terms of building's size and didn't looked like a huge city. Part of the mystic of entering the grass was the surprise that could come out of it, the thrill to explore every patch of grass to come across that desired Pkmn, to fill the Dex.

Last edited:
TBH, Gamefreak should've stuck with Megas and Z-move, I don't mind if Dynamax/Gigantamax turns into a boss battle, Imagine Giratina gets Gigantamax form in Distortion World. I feel like Megas be a fit in Sinnoh remakes, but I having a feeling GF might pull a XY/ORAS move by sticking with Dynamax/Gigantamax as a main gimmick Sinnoh remakes. Also I don't mind Sinnoh forms either (If it happens). I guess we'll see in 4 months until they make the announcement.

What will they do with the Lake Trio? They are very important in Sinnoh as well because they keep the Creation trio in check according to lore.

Well, if the creation trio get's gigantamax forms than the lake Trio'll probably get some sort of dynamax busting signature moves like Eternatus has.

Or they'll forget their existence or something. I sure did.

I don't know if this has been discussed but I hope that GF uses LGPE overworld Pkmn-encounter method with the excuse of technical issues because that'll be an argument against buying the game. I hated how in SM we could olny fish in certain spots, how in ASOR Rustboro was downsized in terms of building's size and didn't looked like a huge city. Part of the mystic of entering the grass was the surprise that could come out of it, the thrill to explore every patch of grass to come across that desired Pkmn, to fill the Dex.
I don't think that they would do that unless these remakes are extremely faithful to the originals and don't change much.

What will they do with the Lake Trio? They are very important in Sinnoh as well because they keep the Creation trio in check according to lore.

I can see GF coming up with "Red Chain" versions of the Creation Trio and/or Red Crystal versions of the Lake Trio. :ROFLMAO:

for myself, I don't want to see random grass encounters unless we go to pixal art (edit or even diorama style really) and I don't see that happening. I hope they do over world encounters again. Perhaps with being able to see shiny pokemon right away without encountering. And, hopefully the map won't be crowded like in Let's Go. I know that even in gen 4 they were limited with what they wanted to do, so now that they aren't really all that limited, I hope to see Sinnoh depicted more cold than last time.
I also hope to see more stuff done with the underground. Maybe find some old cities or some cool facility to explore too.

My favorite thing in SwSh was going over to the shaky grass patches and encountering Pokemon that way.

And, hopefully the map won't be crowded like in Let's Go.
The map felt a bit crowded in SwSh too, especially on Axew’s Eye and the Lake of Outrage island, as most Pokémon stayed within the patches of grass so I figure the DPPt remakes will have the same issue on most routes unless GameFreak revamps them, which I don’t see them doing.

i haven't sat here and read through all these pages but i have heard that there are rumors about the diamond and pearl remakes all ready making their rounds. I haven't looked at any of them but I did hear about Iridescent Diamond and Lustrous Pearl which I am pretty confident they wouldn't do because those seem a little complex for a kid's game. But how about Shining Pearl and Sparkling Diamond for the titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom