• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think the pokemon direct (jan 9th) will have d/p remake info or pokemon HOME? it is gonna be 20 min long.

I hope for a D/P Remake so there would finally be something concrete about it existing. Heck, I would take an ORAS-styled tease where they show Dialga and Palkia coming out of portals.

Do you guys think the pokemon direct (jan 9th) will have d/p remake info or pokemon HOME? it is gonna be 20 min long.

Pokemon Home, Pokemon Sleep and Detective Pikachu 2 or another spin-off and also Pokemon Go and Masters update.

Its way too early to announce anything main series related in terms of games, because we are still in the Sword and Shield marketing cycle.
Aside from X/Y- we haven't gotten anything Main Series related in January during a Direct and X/Y was the oddity, since it released in October as well (However, XY didn't have a new generation before, but just third installments/sequel with BW2, so there is also a difference).
November seems to have become the standard and considering D/P remakes don't need to be marketed heavily, since its not a new generation, Gamefreak/Pokemon Company is most likely gonna announce it during the conference in May (But even this isn't a given).
If they show DP2 and it releases end off the year (September-November) we ain't getting a main series game. If its a summer release, a November main series game is still a possibility.

I agree with that assessment, but even still, I feel like having a Pokemon Direct and not revealing anything mainline at all (even if it was just a title tease) would feel incredibly anticlimatic.

Then again, Nintendo has had no problem being anticlimatic as of late. I know people do like Xenoblade, but a Xenoblade remaster being the "one more thing" big reveal in the September Direct was anticlimatic and I don't care what anyone says.

The lack of Pokemon in SwSh is possibly either due to the team rushing the game out for christmas sales, or to market for merchandising by allowing which Pokemon will be in the next game. Positively the latter, which I find scummy.

The Direct could possibly be for Home, Sleep and Detective Pikachu 2.

It's also worth noting that Creatures inc. had disappeared in the list of co-developers in TPCi on their official site, meaning that they either dropped out, or merged with GF.

I don't think we'll see anything DP remake related in this Direct. I do believe these are the next games we are getting, but they tend to hold off on announcements of games (other than new generations), till around Spring/Early Summer. The Direct will likely be going in-depth on the functions of Pokemon Home, likely stuff on Pokemon Sleep, and maybe a spion-off. If anything, we might get a subtle hint like a, "and look forward to using Pokemon Home in future Pokemon titles", but I still think it's too early for anything more concrete.

Even so, the remakes would still have loose elements to Platinum, just as ORAS has loose elements to Emerald.
It does?

Regarding the Pokémon Direct, I wouldn't expect a new main-series game. My prediction: Pokémon Home, perhaps some sort of update for Sword/Shield, an update for Masters, and if we're very lucky, they might announce a new non-mobile spin-off game such as Mystery Dungeon please.

It does?

Regarding the Pokémon Direct, I wouldn't expect a new main-series game. My prediction: Pokémon Home, perhaps some sort of update for Sword/Shield, an update for Masters, and if we're very lucky, they might announce a new non-mobile spin-off game such as Mystery Dungeon please.
An update to add the pokemon back in SWSH would be nice, since it had a lot of backlash. However this is GF we're talking about here. Talking to them is like talking to Bethesta right about now.

Oh right we've got a pokemon direct comin up, don't we.

I'm not terribly excited but maybe they'll surprise us.

I wish it was a Smash Direct instead so I could stop worrying about who the final DLC fighter is and move on to other worries.

No doubt the direct will be about Pokemon Home since it'll be for both iphone/Android and Switch. It'll look as if Home is going to be more than Bank, like a My Pokemon Ranch but bigger with far more features. And would probably explain for what it can give to people.

maybe we will finally know what this "playable content" will be

edit

also what if they do so many years in the past for the remakes??? might be kinda cool cuz some pokemon could be alive then that aren't in the original diamond and pearl.

Also it would be nice to see Crystal and Emerald on the Switch... being wishful for Emerald.

Last edited:

I think the Pokemon Direct will provide an update on Pokemon Home, Pokemon Sleep, and I am going to throw speculation on announcements relating to Pokemon Go - why am I adding this? Niantic have been completely avoiding any and all mentioning of which Pokemon Pokemon will be the main attraction of the January Community Day, as well as the Pokemon's move. All we know about this month's Community Day is the fact it will be on January 19.

It's too damn soon to announce a remake, Pokemon Sword and Shield just came out 6 weeks ago. I think this Pokemon Direct will just have updates for whatever Game Freak has planned for SwSh over the next few months, in addition to what I said in the previous paragraph.

IF (and a big if) we get a remake of any past games this year, I don't think we will get an official announcement until May or June.

I think the Pokemon Direct will provide an update on Pokemon Home, Pokemon Sleep, and I am going to throw speculation on announcements relating to Pokemon Go - why am I adding this? Niantic have been completely avoiding any and all mentioning of which Pokemon Pokemon will be the main attraction of the January Community Day, as well as the Pokemon's move. All we know about this month's Community Day is the fact it will be on January 19.

It's too damn soon to announce a remake, Pokemon Sword and Shield just came out 6 weeks ago. I think this Pokemon Direct will just have updates for whatever Game Freak has planned for SwSh over the next few months, in addition to what I said in the previous paragraph.

IF (and a big if) we get a remake of any past games this year, I don't think we will get an official announcement until May or June.
Pokemon has since GO become so obsessed with mobile games because they can make more money out of less effort with micro-transactions.

I think it would be funny if the whole direct was Pokémon Sleep then at the end whoever's presenting it just looks at the camera real deadpan and says "we Sinnoh that this wasn't what you were expecting" then the direct just ends.

Could you imagine the explosion of people arguing about that afterwards.

(disclaimer: I wouldn't find it that funny because really I want solid info on Pokémon Home)

I think it would be funny if the whole direct was Pokémon Sleep then at the end whoever's presenting it just looks at the camera real deadpan and says "we Sinnoh that this wasn't what you were expecting" then the direct just ends.

Could you imagine the explosion of people arguing about that afterwards.

(disclaimer: I wouldn't find it that funny because really I want solid info on Pokémon Home)
It will be Pokemon Home

It’s going to be Pokemon Home, a Gigantamax Melmetal event for buying an early subscription of Pokemon Home. With information on Pokemon Sleep.

Maybe some Wild Area event for SwSh, and if they’re feeling generous the next Mythical. I expect the rest to be padded out with maybe a Pokemon History lesson like every direct or GameFreak gushing over the success of SwSh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom