• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The legendary raid co-op area is Underground. It immediately reminded me of Sinnoh's underground! I guess it gives a boost to the theory of the wild-area like features being adapted Underground in Sinnoh. What do you think?
I didn't even realize that!

Admittedly, my hopes for the Sinnoh remakes altogether went down quite a bit once I noticed Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina amongst the obtainable Legendaries, but, the eternal optimist I am, I'm not giving up hope completely.

I'm pretty certain they are popular enough. LGPE sold pretty well I believe and outside of a small sect of fans it seemed like most people weren't that bothered by the different style. I saw a number of people saying things like "I can't wait for Let's Go Crystal!"

I'm not saying it completely flopped...

They sold more than the Ultra games, B2W2, Emerald, Platinum and Crystal, so YMMV if you consider that good or bad in sales.

This was my point. Considering it's the first Pokemon game on the switch, with their most beloved region/generation ever and with features that's based on the extremely popular Go, they would expect it to absolutely smash but it didn't.

I think we can rule out any remakes due to the inclusion of all the box legends in the DLC. Could that mean Gen IX is coming in 2021?

Legendaries aren't the only reason for a Pokemon game being made. Remember how everyone thought Zygarde was going to receive a game for itself? That didn't happen and it was instead put into Sun and Moon with its new forms. I feel like Pokemon Z didn't happen because X and Y and ORAS already completed the National Dex just between themselves. As stated before, the Expansion Pass will have a minimum of 200 Pokemon from previous regions added and for right now with an unknown amount added to that number, Gen 4 is really lacking in that regard considering the only pure Gen 4 Pokemon that's not a legendary and part of the Expansion Pass is the Garchomp line.

Also, they could be doing this because they need the data of those legendaries so trading between these games and the remakes becomes possible.

Last edited:
I'll just leave these here for the people that think let's go games are coming next Pokemon Developers Don't Have Plans For More Let's Go Games - IGN. Also let's look at the remake pattern gen 2=fire red/leaf green, gen 4=heart gold/soul silver and gen 6=omega ruby/alpha sapphire each remake is the numbered generation times 2 so what would gen 4 times 2 equal? That would be gen 8, now I could be wrong and gen 4 remake's could be in gen 9 but they have a pretty clear pattern with the remakes and it would be weird to break it.

This was my point. Considering it's the first Pokemon game on the switch, with their most beloved region/generation ever and with features that's based on the extremely popular Go, they would expect it to absolutely smash but it didn't.
11.28 million units is not a failure, considering that's more or less how remakes sell.

EDIT: Okay, slightly less seeing how FRLG sold 12 million and HGSS 12,72 million. ORAS is more or less the exception since it sold 14.23 million units.

Last edited:
Maybe it means nothing like the Sinnoh merch people thought was pointing to remakes. I doubt they would start promoting Sinnoh one year earlier.

I'll just leave these here for the people that think let's go games are coming next Pokemon Developers Don't Have Plans For More Let's Go Games - IGN. Also let's look at the remake pattern gen 2=fire red/leaf green, gen 4=heart gold/soul silver and gen 6=omega ruby/alpha sapphire each remake is the numbered generation times 2 so what would gen 4 times 2 equal? That would be gen 8, now I could be wrong and gen 4 remake's could be in gen 9 but they have a pretty clear pattern with the remakes and it would be weird to break it.

Do you really think they would state that way in advance they are working on LG Johto?
Also, why I def want Sinnoh remakes in 2021, the 20th anniversary showed how GF likes to shove Kanto down our throats, and 2021 will be the 25th anniversary, which is a significant number (the quarter of a century).

Do you really think they would state that way in advance they are working on LG Johto?
Also, why I def want Sinnoh remakes in 2021, the 20th anniversary showed how GF likes to shove Kanto down our throats, and 2021 will be the 25th anniversary, which is a significant number (the quarter of a century).
I see where your coming from with the shoving Kanto down our throats but pokemon Diamond and Pearl will be 15 years old next year which is also a big deal, considering it was the first ds mainline game so 2021 is the perfect year to remake them as it would the games 15 year anniversary.

Does anyone else find it weird that Regigigas isn't one of the returning legendaries even though the other Regis are going to be available to catch?

Speaking of Regigigas and this may sound minor, but if a remake of Gen 4 happens i hope Regigigas gets an ability that doesn't cripple it. Maybe a new form with an actual useful ability because this poor thing deserves so much after spending 14 years as one of the worst legendaries in terms of battle prowess.

Last edited:
I see where your coming from with the shoving Kanto down our throats but pokemon Diamond and Pearl will be 15 years old next year which is also a big deal, considering it was the first ds mainline game so 2021 is the perfect year to remake them as it would the games 15 year anniversary.
I think that GF would much rather want to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the franchise as a whole, which is also that same year.

I think that GF would much rather want to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the franchise as a whole, which is also that same year.
giphy.gif

Couldn't GameFreak celebrate both Sinnoh's 15th anniversary and the franchise's 25th anniversary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom