• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not without pissing off any Pokemon fans who don't like Gen 4.
Big deal, no matter which remake happens, there will always be a minority group who will get ticked off. So it's unavoidable that a minority will get ticked off about Gen 4 remakes happening regardless of whether it happens on the Anniversary of the franchise or not. Better to make the Gen 4 remake happen anyway.

Don't remember Stark Mountain being annoying though.
Let's just say that it is pretty labyrinthine, you're not allowed to skip parts at first thanks to Buck and the amount of Golbat there if you forget to bring Repels made it a pretty miserable experience to me, specially since I have to find AND beat every single trainer there.

Let's just say that it is pretty labyrinthine, you're not allowed to skip parts at first thanks to Buck and the amount of Golbat there if you forget to bring Repels made it a pretty miserable experience to me, specially since I have to find AND beat every single trainer there.
I need to replay Platinum again to refresh my memory. Only thing that genuinely made me angry with Sinnoh was fog as an overworld hazard.

I need to replay Platinum again to refresh my memory. Only thing that genuinely made me angry with Sinnoh was fog as an overworld hazard.
I forgot about the fog.

My 13-year-old self: "I don't need Defog. It's a useless move to clear something that won't affect me at all. Besides, what could go wrong?" *cue most of my attacks missing*

I'm talking about the people who don't usually play Pokemon. There's a reason why they always release new gens for these very important anniversaries.
I think that GF would much rather want to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the franchise as a whole, which is also that same year.
Are you implying that there’s going to be a Kanto/Johto game every five years? Because that’s what you’re implying.

Here's how to make everyone relatively happy, they should really re-release HG and SS for Switch (they will never top it anyway) maybe as one game for convenience sake, but with some upgraded but still authentic tracks of music and the Pokewalker functionality either translating into Pokeball Plus or internally.

Then Gamefreak can release their Sinnoh remake in full 3d, and the HG and SS players will also have access to all of those Pokemon. Would also be nice if we can access the Alolan forms of Generation 1 Pokemon through the Let's Go series with brand new sprites. I'm indifferent about fairy types, since the idea would be almost a straight port but with some quality of life updates, not to overhaul everything.

The idea behind this is to celebrate Generation 4 as a whole and to give nostalgic original fans who some of you guys seem to really hate a reason to pick up the Sinnoh remake and vice-versa. And no I don't think a re-release of an older sprite-based game would steal much thunder from 3d remakes, most people seem to think 3d graphics are better automatically sadly enough.

Last edited:
Wouldn't they have the problem of having "too much Kanto" again? After all, Kanto was 60% of GSC and HGSS.

Look back on this thread and replace all instances of "who cares if some vocal people complain about Sinnoh" with "who cares if some vocal people complain about Kanto" and it would reveal this isn't actually a problem at all.

Look back on this thread and replace all instances of "who cares if some vocal people complain about Sinnoh" with "who cares if some vocal people complain about Kanto" and it would reveal this isn't actually a problem at all.
While I don't hate Kanto, I would rather wait till after the DP remakes, at least so Sinnoh can have some time for itself. Then again, I also don't like re-releases with few changes unless it's actually an emergency.

Does anyone else find it weird that Regigigas isn't one of the returning legendaries even though the other Regis are going to be available to catch?
Honestly, there’s the no way the regis are returning without regigigas. I think we’ll battle it in the story or special encounter, which they dont want to spoil yet.

I'd like to note here that LGPE are also 50% more than previous remakes.

???

11.28 million units is not a failure, considering that's more or less how remakes sell.

EDIT: Okay, slightly less seeing how FRLG sold 12 million and HGSS 12,72 million. ORAS is more or less the exception since it sold 14.23 million units.

It's not that it's a failure... I just think it wasn't that big of a success as they would have hoped. That said, I think classifying it as a remake and having different expectations of it on that ground is also kind of tenuous since it wasn't strictly a remake either as there was substantially a lot more innovation going on in the LGPE games. I don't think GameFreak released their first pokemon game on the switch with the mindset that oh, it's a remake it's fine if it sold less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom