• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, there’s the no way the regis are returning without regigigas. I think we’ll battle it in the story or special encounter, which they dont want to spoil yet.
If they don't want to spoil it, then they are definitely planning some special form for it.

There's absolutely no reason GF should be reluctant to remake D/P/Pt. After all, those are the best-selling games outside of the first two gens. And anniversary has nothing to do with decreasing the likelihood of getting games that aren't set in Kanto. We got D/P on the tenth anniversary and we got S/M on the twentieth anniversary. They'll celebrate anniversaries with new mainline games set in any region, not just Kanto.

There's absolutely no reason GF should be reluctant to remake D/P/Pt. After all, those are the best-selling games outside of the first two gens. And anniversary has nothing to do with decreasing the likelihood of getting games that aren't set in Kanto. We got D/P on the tenth anniversary and we got S/M on the twentieth anniversary. They'll celebrate anniversaries with new mainline games set in any region, not just Kanto.
Those games you mentioned aren't remakes, but are rather new gens.

They already made a big deal of the 20th anniversary. If they make a big deal about 25th, then they'll make the 30th a big deal, the 35th and so on.
Pokemon in general can’t remain in the "celebration mode" forever, seeing this is what we'll end up with if every anniversary is celebrated like that. That isn’t really feasible.

And I’ve read that Japan favours 10,20,30 anniversary numbers to the 25th and 50th like the US. Could anyone please debunk or verify this?

Lets Go style games will never get a purchase from me. $60 is wayyyy too much to spend on a very unambitious 2.5D remake of a Gameboy game.

One would think that a second remake of the same game would deserve more ambition, yet the LG style is the very opposite of that. I really hope they don't make any more.

I don't think that they would only want to celebrate DP, especially considering that most of the Sinnoh Pokemon aren't really notable to the general audience.
Right... Riolu and Lucario, Weavile, Bidoof, Kricketune, Staraptor, Luxray, Buitzel and Floatzel, Pachirisu, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Garchomp, Electivire, Magmortar, Munchlax, Dusknoir, Rotom, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Manaphy, Shaymin, and Arceus are all completely unknown.

If anything, I would argue that generation 4 has a much higher number of Pokémon that are relatively well known to the "general audience" than all the later generations. That is on the one hand due to how successful the games were, and on the other hand due to the fact that a number of Pokémon were teased quite a while before Diamond & Pearl actually came out: in the anime, in spin-off games, in the movies etc. (Lucario, Weavile, Munchlax, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Manaphy) and therefore people got to familiarise themselves with them.

Lets Go style games will never get a purchase from me. $60 is wayyyy too much to spend on a very unambitious 2.5D remake of a Gameboy game.

One would think that a second remake of the same game would deserve more ambition, yet the LG style is the very opposite of that. I really hope they don't make any more.

Just imagine: Lets Go Johto. We only get Johto in the 60 priced base game and Kanto is 30 priced DLC.

Between the numerous statements that a Let's Go Johto is not planned, and the confirmation early on in this Gen that GameFreak has learned from their mistakes with USUM and is going the DLC route instead with SwSh, I have a really good feeling we WILL see DP remakes as the next games in the Gen in 2021.

And since Isle of Armor & Crown Tundra will fill that role of "expanding" on Dynamax (i.e giving Gigantamaxes to Venusaur & Blastoise & the starters), I'm now feeling more confident that if DP remakes do happen, we won't see Dynamax or Stadium Gyms in them because Dynamax is a Galar-only thing, much like how Z-Moves & Trials were Alola traditions and therefore didn't replace the Gyms in LGPE.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mega Evolution return though (and the remakes by extension be canonized as taking place in the "Ultimate Weapon timeline"). Cynthia using Mega Garchomp outside of the Battle Tree would be pretty awesome, plus I can almost guarantee these games wouldn't be compatible with SwSh anyway.

Between the numerous statements that a Let's Go Johto is not planned, and the confirmation early on in this Gen that GameFreak has learned from their mistakes with USUM and is going the DLC route instead with SwSh, I have a really good feeling we WILL see DP remakes as the next games in the Gen in 2021.

And since Isle of Armor & Crown Tundra will fill that role of "expanding" on Dynamax (i.e giving Gigantamaxes to Venusaur & Blastoise & the starters), I'm now feeling more confident that if DP remakes do happen, we won't see Dynamax or Stadium Gyms in them because Dynamax is a Galar-only thing, much like how Z-Moves & Trials were Alola traditions and therefore didn't replace the Gyms in LGPE.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mega Evolution return though (and the remakes by extension be canonized as taking place in the "Ultimate Weapon timeline"). Cynthia using Mega Garchomp outside of the Battle Tree would be pretty awesome, plus I can almost guarantee these games wouldn't be compatible with SwSh anyway.
I myself think that we are more likely to see the Gen 9 games in 2021.

I myself think that we are more likely to see the Gen 9 games in 2021.

Each Gen usually lasts around 3 years, which would mean Gen IX would come in November 2022.

But either way, if DP remakes do not come out before the Gen IX games then I will be convinced that it's because GameFreak's current developer team hated the Sinnoh region or something.

Each Gen usually lasts around 3 years, which would mean Gen IX would come in November 2022.

But either way, if DP remakes do not come out before the Gen IX games then I will be convinced that it's because GameFreak's current developer team hated the Sinnoh region or something.
I hate sinnoh...... but I never even got anywhere near japan

Also, keep in mind that Game Freak is a lot more likely to leave the National Dex incomplete until the next set of games had enough time to stay as a presence in the same generation. Here's what I picture is likely to happen: The Gen 4 remakes come out before the National Dex on Sword and Shield is complete, the Gen 4 games have the rest of the Nationa Dex available and finally, both Sw/Sh and the Gen 4 games are updated to have the full National Dex, making both sets compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom