• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look at Serebii, Pokemon is already celebrating its 24th anniversary by doing party hat Pikachu and Eevee, something really minuscule compared to game releases.

For the excuse no. 112284 Sinnoh isn’t getting remakes: But! But! Sinnoh Pokemon are so obscure no one knows them! It’ll be better to remake Kanto/Johto instead!!

Even ignoring the basic fallacies with the logic (why are all non-new Gen games not Kanto remakes and why did Hoenn get remade?), a Sinnoh Pokemon is the second most popular Pokemon in probably the largest ever Pokemon poll ever held for worldwide Pokemon fans without any bias or who’ll enter.

There were no limitations on voting either so anyone can vote for every favourite of theirs.

For reference, Lucario outranked Charizard and Pikachu/Eevee (who don’t even make it to the Top 10, Eeveelutions do though).

Charizard was outranked by Mimikyu, Lucario and Greninja. Garchomp also scores a #7.

The poll also has an almost equal representation apart from Unova and Galar getting no reps. Galar is understandable since it’s new and not all Pokemon were revealed and marketed heavily.

So yeah, RIP “Kanto’s the only popularly recognisable region!”

For the excuse no. 112284 Sinnoh isn’t getting remakes: But! But! Sinnoh Pokemon are so obscure no one knows them! It’ll be better to remake Kanto/Johto instead!!

Even ignoring the basic fallacies with the logic (why are all non-new Gen games not Kanto remakes and why did Hoenn get remade?), a Sinnoh Pokemon is the second most popular Pokemon in probably the largest ever Pokemon poll ever held for worldwide Pokemon fans without any bias or who’ll enter.

There were no limitations on voting either so anyone can vote for every favourite of theirs.

For reference, Lucario outranked Charizard and Pikachu/Eevee (who don’t even make it to the Top 10, Eeveelutions do though).

Charizard was outranked by Mimikyu, Lucario and Greninja. Garchomp also scores a #7.

The poll also has an almost equal representation apart from Unova and Galar getting no reps. Galar is understandable since it’s new and not all Pokemon were revealed and marketed heavily.

So yeah, RIP “Kanto’s the only popularly recognisable region!”
Thank you!

Also, what if Dialga, Palkia and Giratina do appear in Sw/Sh but are exclusively bosses and won't let you catch them? This happened with Mewtwo as you can't catch it, the game literately doesn't let you get the chance to catch Mewtwo after its defeat.

This would be a perfect way to tease Sinnoh remakes, get people to desire them so they buy the game that features them as the main plot point.

Last edited:
without any bias
While I do agree that the poll shows that Sinnoh is far from obscure, if the poll was an online poll (which I'm assuming it was) or another form of voluntary sampling, then it suffers from voluntary response bias where the respondents (tend to) have a stronger opinion at the subject at hand compared to the general populace. That doesn't mean the poll can be discounted entirely--this isn't a stats class--but it still may suffer from some sort of bias.

Also, what if Dialga, Palkia and Giratina do appear in Sw/Sh but are exclusively bosses and won't let you catch them? This happened with Mewtwo as you can't catch it, the game literately doesn't let you get the chance to catch Mewtwo after its defeat.

This would be a perfect way to tease Sinnoh remakes, get people to desire them so they buy the game that features them as the main plot point.
I can definitely see that as a good way to tease Sinnoh remakes though I don't know if GameFreak will go through with that. It would kinda suck to be able to catch all other legendaries expect for those three.

Last edited:
I can definitely see that as a good way to tease Sinnoh remakes though I don't know if GameFreak will go through with that. It would kinda suck to be able to catch all other legendaries but those three.
It's more so where players who didn't have previous Pokemon games wouldn't find a way to keep farming for Mewtwo. I mean, Pokemon games always had that one thing that sucks anyways, HMs come to mind before Gen 7. I'd rather the thing that sucks be the Pokemon that can't be caught when they will be caught in a later game of the same generation anyways.

Its not going to happen, but get rid of Roark's Cranidos. Its such b.s. dealing with a mon that has triple digit attack in the first gym or at least make it his only Pokemon.

Its not going to happen, but get rid of Roark's Cranidos. Its such b.s. dealing with a mon that has triple digit attack in the first gym or at least make it his only Pokemon.
I guess part of the reason they let him use that is because it is a glass cannon. If you hit it, it's dead. And it's better than the alternative (Shieldon).

I say the rock typing without the ground type or a second type in general sort of negates that.

It defeated my Piplup, Turtwig, and survived my Psyduck albeit in different runs.

Only time I've defeated it without trouble is by using Monferno.

I say the rock typing without the ground type or a second type in general sort of negates that.

It defeated my Piplup, Turtwig, and survived my Psyduck albeit in different runs.

Really? I never had much problems against him, except when I had to use Pokémon that clearly had a disadvantage (Charmander, Beedrill, etc.)

This opinion might change once I get my PC back so I can continue my one-line-all-games challenges, since I recall starting to hate Brock, Roxanne, Olivia and Stone Edge after a single playthrough with Charmander through their respective games. Maybe I did so bad I blocked it from my mind (which is actually pretty likely).

While I do agree that the poll shows that Sinnoh is far from obscure, if the poll was an online poll (which I'm assuming it was) or another form of voluntary sampling, then it suffers from voluntary response bias where the respondents (tend to) have a stronger opinion at the subject at hand compared to the general populace. That doesn't mean the poll can be discounted entirely--this isn't a stats class--but it still may suffer from some sort of bias.
Well, I agree that might be true, but it’s probably the largest scope poll we'll ever get. Even regular news websites were promoting it, and I don’t know how can we get something that’s wider than this.

I won using Monferno too, but wouldn’t people usually end up with Grotle or Prinplup by then, too? (Haven’t done a Sinnoh run with those starters, only Chimchar, who evolved around the time I faced Roark).

I have other questions about Sinnoh remakes, such as whether or not character customization will be in the game, the size of the Pokedex, and the look of the game itself.

I'm just concerned that they would keep these remakes as close to the originals as possible, which is one of the reasons why I don't want them.
You're just like Icarus except instead of flying too close to the sun and having the wax on your wings melt, you fly too close to the ocean and the salt water erodes the wax on your wings.

You're just like Icarus except instead of flying too close to the sun and having the wax on your wings melt, you fly too close to the ocean and the salt water erodes the wax on your wings.
I'm just concerned about them changing very little, especially considering that ORAS was basically just RS with Mega Evolution tacked on and the only new story content was either ME related or a part of the Delta Episode. I'm even concerned that HMs will come back here.

I'm just concerned about them changing very little, especially considering that ORAS was basically just RS with Mega Evolution tacked on and the only new story content was either ME related or a part of the Delta Episode. I'm even concerned that HMs will come back here.
ORAS was a masterpiece, thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom