• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LGPE wasn't a traditional remake.
While that's true, LGPE was more faithful to the originals compared to past remakes. Since they did not have HMs I figure any future remake will not include them. At any rate, it would seem very foolish and out-of-touch for GameFreak (at least more than usual) to bring back one of the most unpopular mechanics in Pokemon. I doubt HMs will return.

whether or not character customization will be in the game

Probably not. So far, trainer customization has been for new games while ORAS didn't. Not sure about LGPE though.

Probably not. So far, trainer customization has been for new games while ORAS didn't. Not sure about LGPE though.
Who knows? I would actually welcome that. ORAS might have been a case of "let's not take away XY's gimmick" and end up being a case of... mid installment weirdness? (does that even exist?), considering every single game afterwards contains customization (even if LGPE's customization is limited).

This thread just goes in circles, doesn't it?

Wasn't customization intended to be an XY-only feature until Game Freak saw people liked the feature and added it back into gen 7? If so, ORAS isn't exactly the model for what we should expect in terms of customization...

LGPE included some customization as well (albeit not with much variety in clothes), so the possibility of gen 4 remakes getting customization isn't impossible. I feel as through customization would be a good alternative for the touch screen dress-up minigame in contests in the original games, whether it be for the Pokemon or the trainer. Things like ball seals and secret bases also somewhat count as forms of customization as well, and removal of them feels like it'd be a massive waste.

HMs can die in a hole. I like the suggestion someone had waaaaaay back in this thread about some of the gym leaders providing some kind of HM alternative, since a few of them seem to match up with the HM they unlock. At least it'd make more sense than a Pikachu on a flying bike or something.

HMs can die in a hole. I like the suggestion someone had waaaaaay back in this thread about some of the gym leaders providing some kind of HM alternative, since a few of them seem to match up with the HM they unlock. At least it'd make more sense than a Pikachu on a flying bike or something.
I think I recall someone mentioning items, but I don't remember who or what he said exactly.

ORAS was a masterpiece, thank you very much.
In my opinion, HGSS were better remakes than ASOR, because these last were just remaking RS with Megas and newer Pkmn instead of Emerald's story and region's improvement. Also, the lack of some sort of GB Player is a flaw when it comes to nostalgia, and something that I hope to see in the Sinnoh remakes of Platinum and not of just DP.

In my opinion, HGSS were better remakes than ASOR, because these last were just remaking RS with Megas and newer Pkmn instead of Emerald's story and region's improvement. Also, the lack of some sort of GB Player is a flaw when it comes to nostalgia, and something that I hope to see in the Sinnoh remakes of Platinum and not of just DP.
You're opinion is wrong.

And that's all I have to say on the matter. Any further attempts to rationally argue your point will be met with repeated insistence that you are wrong because I refuse to change my stance.

In my opinion, HGSS were better remakes than ASOR, because these last were just remaking RS with Megas and newer Pkmn instead of Emerald's story and region's improvement.
I haven't played RSE so I can't compare remakes, but I will say remaking the third version is probably the better move considering that third versions are generally an improvement over the first two. I figure HGSS would not be as good if it didn't include Crystal elements.

Also, the lack of some sort of GB Player is a flaw when it comes to nostalgia
It's not only nostalgia... I prefer RSE's music to ORAS's music (I'm not a fan of the way gen 6 sounds) despite never having played a gen 3 game. I was disappointed to learn that there weren't any "GBA Sounds" in ORAS.

I feel confident enough to say that HGSS were OBJECTIVELY better remakes than ORAS. HGSS took the best parts of original GSC and added plenty of additional stuff such as Battle Frontier. Meanwhile, ORAS didn't have Battle Frontier (it even mocked the player with that 'BF project has started') despite being a remake of games that introduced the the concept of BF. You couldn't even rematch the gym leaders, something that HGSS actually allowed you to do on top of already having more than enough content and postgame.

I hope so. Sinnoh is the only region I haven't played, eventhough I've played with enough Pokemon from that region (to the extent some are among my top fave Pokemon of all time... #honchkrowisawesome,#garchompisawesome). I don't mind having the remakes in either traditional mechanics or in Let's Go mechanics, as long as they become a reality.

I hate the idea of Sinnoh remakes. I want SEQUELS.
I want to start in a brand new town
I want some brand new gym leaders. ( Byron could be retired, Volkner and Maylene could be part of the Elite Four [ Bertha and Lucian also got retired ])
I want new plot
I want Cyrus return back from the distortion word, fully controlling giritina, an insane brutal villian
I don't want grid based Sinnoh, i want them to fully re-imagine all the cities and the rutes, I will hate if they make these game grid based
I want something new, not a remake, I hated LGPE and ORAS for that. I don't want any sinnoh games if they will do it a remake

I want some brand new gym leaders. ( Byron could be retired, Volkner and Maylene could be part of the Elite Four [ Bertha and Lucian also got retired ])
I want new plot
I want Cyrus return back from the distortion word, fully controlling giritina, an insane brutal villian
I don't want grid based Sinnoh, i want them to fully re-imagine all the cities and the rutes, I will hate if they make these game grid based
I want something new, not a remake, I hated LGPE and ORAS for that. I don't want any sinnoh games if they will do it a remake
While I do want Sinnoh remakes, I would be totally fine with a sequel as a substitute, especially if they did away with the grid (one of my main hopes for the possible remake). Honestly, I just want to see everything—the region, the characters, the music, etc.—updated and a chance to use some uncommon Sinnoh Pokémon like Mothim, Floatzel, and Purugly. It doesn’t really matter if the game is a sequel or a remake as long as it does the region and stuff justice while still updating it.

Last edited:
I do as well, but I doubt it. Even a prequel would be cool. Places like Mt Coronet and Floaroma town would look gorgeous on the Switch, if GF decides to work hard on a potential remake.

Minor nitpick, but I doubt Byron and Volkner would be swapped out. Byron straight up says he doesn't want to retire, and Volkner decides he'd rather be a gym leader rather than an Elite 4 member because he gets to see a lot more people or something.

I'd also love sequels (specially if it means an excuse to go into the distortion world in the main story itself, since it isn’t guaranteed due to Platinum not being remade), but I doubt GameFreak would do them, since many people don’t have a way of accessing the original story (the copies are prohibitively expensive and require a (3)DS.

In an ideal world they’d release DPPt on some virtual console equivalent, but I doubt the general audience would bother with the grid based graphics and it would be sufficiently profit-worthy. And there's of course, the Battle Frontier Logic of GameFreak, where they outright don’t make stuff if the general audience "won’t be bothered with it".

On a side note: since they apparently care about the mobile audience so much, why not go the Rockstar games approach and give them an actual taste of what a main series game is by porting over some of the older entries? Mobiles and iPads are already capable of emulating all pre-3DS Pokemon games. That could actually interest people in the main games, instead of hoping that people play a bunch of freemium games and are suddenly ready to dump $400 on Pokémon.

Eh, remakes are much more likely than the games being ported to mobile since Game Freak knows DLC is a more guaranteed way to milk money from their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom