• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe people are forgeting the grounds for Eeveelutions to exist, that is adaption to different environments, and only going by game-mechanic point of view.
Eevee only adapts to different environments when it evolves into Glaceon and Leafeon game-mechanic wise. Vaporeon doesn't evolve by leveling up near water, it evolves via the water stone, for example, so I don't think it would be forgoing eeveelution lore when most eeveelutions do not evolve, game-mechanic wise, by being brought to a specific environment.

Though, to be honest, I think having two different methods of evolution for the eeveelutions, one based on their current method and one based on bringing Eevee to a specific location, would be nice as it allows for a lore friendly evolution method while not forcing the player to trek to certain parts of the map, which would be inconvient.
I also don't see the fuss about methods for futures games, namely the inclusion of Moss and Icy Rocks...as far as I know, both Leafeon and Glaceon can end up being cut due to future Dexits!
Not only does it seem unlikely that the Eevee line will be cut, even if it was cut from future games that doesn't change the fact that the rocks, especially the icy one, are inconvenient methods of evolution. It kinda sucks having to go to a certain part of the map just for one evolution. At least make it so that any Pokemon that evolves via the the leaf/ice stones can evolve when near the moss/icy rock.
Melmetal's Sword Dex entry: "In a distant land, there are legends about a cyclopean giant. In fact, the giant was a Melmetal that was flooded with Gigantamax energy."
So either a Gigantamax Melmetal from Galar wandered the world filled with energy or this entry just proves that it's not that clear about being exclusively.
I'm thinking it's the latter. I could totally see GameFreak make it so that the "distant land" mentioned in the Pokedex entry was Sinnoh. There's nothing stopping them from retconning/adding in lore to make it so that Dyanamax and Gigantamax are not Galar exclusive.

Eevee only adapts to different environments when it evolves into Glaceon and Leafeon game-mechanic wise. Vaporeon doesn't evolve by leveling up near water, it evolves via the water stone, for example, so I don't think it would be forgoing eeveelution lore when most eeveelutions do not evolve, game-mechanic wise, by being brought to a specific environment.

Though, to be honest, I think having two different methods of evolution for the eeveelutions, one based on their current method and one based on bringing Eevee to a specific location, would be nice as it allows for a lore friendly evolution method while not forcing the player to trek to certain parts of the map, which would be inconvient.

Not only does it seem unlikely that the Eevee line will be cut, even if it was cut from future games that doesn't change the fact that the rocks, especially the icy one, are inconvenient methods of evolution. It kinda sucks having to go to a certain part of the map just for one evolution. At least make it so that any Pokemon that evolves via the the leaf/ice stones can evolve when near the moss/icy rock.

I'm thinking it's the latter. I could totally see GameFreak make it so that the "distant land" mentioned in the Pokedex entry was Sinnoh. There's nothing stopping them from retconning/adding in lore to make it so that Dyanamax and Gigantamax are not Galar exclusive.

Regarding Eeevee, Espeon and Umbreon can be seen as adapting to different environments, in this case, to night and day. As for the Fairy type Eeeve (I don't recall the name nor will be bothered to go check), it can be said that it adapted to a friendly and compassionate environment, so aside from the first batch of Eeveelutions, there has been indeed adaptations to certain environments.

Two methods of evolution is the best way since it's the most democratic and can please both sides. For me it doesn't suck having to go to a certain place, on the contrary, it adds something special: just like I hatch my favorite Pkmn on certain locations that I think as suitable or natural, I also like to go to certain places to evolve certain Pkmn, something like a ritual and just how some Pkmn are rare because they're only available on a hard to find spot (I'm thinking of Bagon and Gible). I prefer one method, but I don't mind seeing the other included.

Indeed, GF can do whatever they want with "distant land", it's something generic that can be applied however they decide. Melmetal is a Pkmn revealed in LGEP, so as far as I can tell, that even be Kanto!

Game Freak lives off of promoting their popular Pokemon. Even in a game with the rest of the starters cut, you could still get Charizard. I doubt they'd get rid of Eevee.
You doubt, I don't.

They've got to do something about the Solaceon Town news press expecting you to catch a Pokemon merely recorded in your pokedex and make sure you actually can catch said pokemon normally.

I'm definitely in favour of changing the moss and ice rock. The moss rock is okay since it's early game but the people who want Glaceon got a problem.

I'm also fully expecting them to make an epilogue revolving Arceus, considering ORAS made Deoxys available through a pretty cool storyline. (And I also thinkbthey'll integrate Darkrai's event into the main game as well.)

Bit of a non-sequitur here but...

I really hope the Game Corner returns with games, but they are not luck-based/guessing games a la Voltorb Flip. I never really got into any of the Game Corners despite wanting to just because the luck-based games were boring and frustrating to me. I would love a minigame that is somewhat skill-based rather than just luck and educated guesses. Like, imagine how fun would it be to play a pseudo-Mystery Dungeon game in the Veilstone Game Corner. Or a catching minigame that uses the original DPPt graphics. Or even a Tetris knock-off. Just anything but Voltorb Flip.

Bit of a non-sequitur here but...

I really hope the Game Corner returns with games, but they are not luck-based/guessing games a la Voltorb Flip. I never really got into any of the Game Corners despite wanting to just because the luck-based games were boring and frustrating to me. I would love a minigame that is somewhat skill-based rather than just luck and educated guesses. Like, imagine how fun would it be to play a pseudo-Mystery Dungeon game in the Veilstone Game Corner. Or a catching minigame that uses the original DPPt graphics. Or even a Tetris knock-off. Just anything but Voltorb Flip.
I feel as though I'm one of the few who liked Voltorb Flip, because I always thought it was far less random than the original slots were. At least it took a bit of problem-solving to win, unlike the slot machines which were entirely luck-based from the start. :unsure: But I really hate game corners in general.

I would like a replacement with more than one minigame in it. Kind of like RSE's game corner, but with more then two game options so that grinding isn't so monotonous. An arcade might be nice, or maybe something like the Pokeathlon. If they do something sports or martial arts themed, maybe they could even tie it to Maylene somehow.

I feel as though I'm one of the few who liked Voltorb Flip, because I always thought it was far less random than the original slots were. At least it took a bit of problem-solving to win, unlike the slot machines which were entirely luck-based from the start. :unsure: But I really hate game corners in general.

I would like a replacement with more than one minigame in it. Kind of like RSE's game corner, but with more then two game options so that grinding isn't so monotonous. An arcade might be nice, or maybe something like the Pokeathlon. If they do something sports or martial arts themed, maybe they could even tie it to Maylene somehow.

I don't see Pokeathlon coming back unfortunately, but I'd like to see the Sevii Two Island Game Corner to make a comeback and it's more likely due to being more restrained in terms of content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom