• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That and make it so you don't have to access a PC box to perform the ability and the game will do it for you as long as you have that Pokemon in the PC box itself. What I really mean by this is just interacting with the body of water should be enough for you to trigger the surfing, same with stuff like breaking rocks, climbing walls, etc.

That and make it so you don't have to access a PC box to perform the ability and the game will do it for you as long as you have that Pokemon in the PC box itself. What I really mean by this is just interacting with the body of water should be enough for you to trigger the surfing, same with stuff like breaking rocks, climbing walls, etc.
That's what I meant. Like the flute for the Latis in ORAS.

I wonder if the Azure Flute and the Hall of Origin will finally make its official debut and official "release." I doubt with the prevalence of the internet now there would be any doubt of this method being too difficult to use or any of that.

I wonder if the Azure Flute and the Hall of Origin will finally make its official debut and official "release." I doubt with the prevalence of the internet now there would be any doubt of this method being too difficult to use or any of that.

Depends on if they want to give Arceus the Delta Episode treatement. If so, I can definitely see them including them in the storyline. Otherwise, we'll probably just get a regular old event distribution.

Depends on if they want to give Arceus the Delta Episode treatement. If so, I can definitely see them including them in the storyline. Otherwise, we'll probably just get a regular old event distribution.

I feel like they would charge for Arceus. I mean it really depends on their attitude towards DLC. They could possibly charge separately for Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai for all we know.

I could imagine a DLC pass encompassing all the event stuff from the originals but it would need more to justify it. If this was done I’d think that the post game would involve Giratina - rewriting a bit of the Platinum content and maybe giving an opportunity to get the other version exclusive legendary.

I really don’t what them to do that, but it doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility to me.

As far as I know, they are not EA.

Well they already sell the same game as two different versions to get more money, and they don't seem to care about having mediocre yearly entries because it sells millions. If they're not EA, they're pretty damn close. I wouldn't put it past them to charge $10 a pop for each event. I would hope they don't, but Game Freak/TPC's actions when it comes to this series indicate that they care much more about money than they do making quality gaming experiences that their fans enjoy.

Last edited:
Well they already sell the same game as two different versions to get more money, and they don't seem to care about having mediocre yearly entries because it sells millions. If they're not EA, they're pretty damn close. I wouldn't put it past them to charge $10 a pop for each event. I would hope they don't, but Game Freak/TPC's actions when it comes to this series indicate that they care much more about money than they do making quality gaming experiences that their fans enjoy.
They're not that scummy that they would lock the entire post-game behind a paywall.

I would prefer Platinum to be adapted, instead of Diamond/Pearl, but they didn't include much Emerald content in ORAS, so I'm not expecting anything more than a Giratina episode in the post-game of a hypothetical DP remake.

Game Freak/TPC's actions when it comes to this series indicate that they care much more about money than they do making quality gaming experiences that their fans enjoy.

I think it's more that Game Freak don't see the need to fix what ain't broke (in their eyes, anyway), so they're happy to put out the same thing over and over. They've found a fun thing that works and they're sticking with it. Pokemon's gameplay is never abysmally bad or faulty by any metric; at worst, it's just... bland.

I would prefer Platinum to be adapted, instead of Diamond/Pearl, but they didn't include much Emerald content in ORAS, so I'm not expecting anything more than a Giratina episode in the post-game of a hypothetical DP remake.

I think it's more that Game Freak don't see the need to fix what ain't broke (in their eyes, anyway), so they're happy to put out the same thing over and over. They've found a fun thing that works and they're sticking with it. Pokemon's gameplay is never abysmally bad or faulty by any metric; at worst, it's just... bland.
They might use Platinum's Sinnoh dex instead, especially considering that there is more variety there.

Well, they didn't adapt Emerald thanks to RS's gimmick of having one team per version... at least I think so because I don't find much about what they could do with Emerald anyway...

Dude, they are not even close to that. Have you seen what they did to Dungeon Keeper? Also, the two version thing was not in their original plans until someone suggested it to them (Miyamoto).

EDIT: I just noticed I said "two teams per version"... :bulbaFacepalm: Oh well... it's fixed now

Last edited:

I mean, being painfully barren of content could be considered faulty.

Dude, they are not even close to that. Have you seen what they did to Dungeon Keeper?

Looked it up, and nothing about this game looks any worse than what Pokemon's done. I mean, they haven't put microtransactions in the main game... yet, but nearly every other game BUT the main games is an equally egregious microtransaction laden cash grab. And then there's Bank and Home nickel and diming you for transfers, with the latter being THREE TIMES as much as the former with almost no improvements whatsoever. They've been playing all sorts of games lately trying to see how much they can get away with charging and how little they can get away with offering. I'd say that puts them firmly in EA territory.

So yeah, after all that, does charging $10-$20 a pop for event Pokemon DLC seem all that Farfetch'd? It doesn't to me.

Also, the two version thing was not in their original plans until someone suggested it to them (Miyamoto).

And it made sense back then because they were trying to sell Link Cables, the two versions helped sell the idea. Now, wireless multiplayer has been standard for a decade and a half and the two versions are 99% the same game, so they literally don't exist for any other reason than to get twice as much money for the same content.

Looked it up, and nothing about this game looks any worse than what Pokemon's done. I mean, they haven't put microtransactions in the main game... yet, but nearly every other game BUT the main games is an equally egregious microtransaction laden cash grab. And then there's Bank and Home nickel and diming you for transfers, with the latter being THREE TIMES as much as the former with almost no improvements whatsoever. They've been playing all sorts of games lately trying to see how much they can get away with charging and how little they can get away with offering. I'd say that puts them firmly in EA territory.

So yeah, after all that, does charging $10-$20 a pop for event Pokemon DLC seem all that Farfetch'd? It doesn't to me.
Dude, you didn't look that well. Those guys almost charged for starting the game or wait days to get something simple done (removing the first rock requires 24 hours). And that's not getting on the price of removing that rock immediately. And while Dungeon Keeper was an example, what about what they to Ultima? To the point they killed the series and uses the name of their original company as their shop (Origin). Sorry, but no, they are NOT worse by any means.

And it made sense back then because they were trying to sell Link Cables, the two versions helped sell the idea. Now, wireless multiplayer has been standard for a decade and a half and the two versions are 99% the same game, so they literally don't exist for any other reason than to get twice as much money for the same content.
While I'm also against the dual-game treatment, that sadly won't go away anytime soon, and it doesn't help that it got its big share of imitators.

I feel like they would charge for Arceus. I mean it really depends on their attitude towards DLC. They could possibly charge separately for Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai for all we know.
I don't think that they would lock the post game behind a paywall.
Considering that the Arceus, Shaymin, and Darkrai events were extra event content in the original DPPt and not a part of the post-game, I think there's a decent chance that we'll see a DLC bundle with several events old or new (maybe some new Manaphy event/DLC etc). However, while I definitely feel that baseline SwSh is far more barebones than it should be, I don't see GameFreak charging for those DLCs separately considering that the DLC for SwSh is technically two DLC packages under one price tag. I just don't think GameFreak would charge for each event individually unless there was a lot of content in them, which I think is unlikely. Two options for DLC that I think are on the table are either a DLC bundle with 3-4 small events a la the original events in DPPt, or DLC that is more like Crown Tundra/Isle of Armor that is centered around maybe one or two mythicals/legendaries or the hunt for the mythicals/legendaries with a longer story/stories rather than several short events.

Had a stupid dream where the Platinum Villa was replaced with the tea minigame from Fire Emblem Three Houses.

But thinking about it a bit more, it'd be nice to have it reserved in a remake for interactions and talks between the characters in the game. iirc, in the Pt villa, you could see Maylene/Candice and Volkner/Flint together. Maybe they could expand it to include more groups of characters. Seeing the stat trainers and Elite four would be nice, since most of them are fairly bland. The house is useless for people who couldn't care less about the characters, anyway. Literally anything else to make it useful would be nice.

Dunno if it was suggested in this thread or elsewhere, but being able to customize it like your secret base would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom