• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your idea but I also would like to see more West/East variants of already known Pkmn and perhaps a couple of new...with more and more significant gender differences.

Perhaps female Sylveon with shorter, rounder blob tail similar to some rabbits? I would rather have this, since I find Eeveelutions boring (if not gross) if looked the same between different sexes.

They also need to fix Thievul's unused gender differences where females don't have mustaches.

Perhaps female Sylveon with shorter, rounder blob tail similar to some rabbits?
Hmm, what about male Sylveon lacking the upper bow on their heads, just having the bow-tie at the neck, instead? I get that Eevee has a tail-based gender difference, but I feel giving female Sylveon a bobtail would look... odd. IDK I just prefer longer tails.
They also need to fix Thievul's unused gender differences where females don't have mustaches.
Yes. I generally really don't like facial hair on Pokemon so getting rid of that mustache on female Thievul at least would be great.

Hmm, what about male Sylveon lacking the upper bow on their heads, just having the bow-tie at the neck, instead? I get that Eevee has a tail-based gender difference, but I feel giving female Sylveon a bobtail would look... odd. IDK I just prefer longer tails.
Male Sylveon having only bowtie would look more bunny-like tho, although a bobtail would look fitting for moon rabbits.

I personally detested Eevee's gender differences in Switch games. (I preferred the "no gender difference" Eevee variants in NDS/3DS games tho.)

Maybe for other Eeveelutions:
Vaporeon should get shorter ears for females.
Jolteon could get shorter fluff on tails.
Flareon... Maybe shorter ears to make it look more like a dog.
Female Espeon with short-ears is a must. I find female Espeon with male ears gross.
Umbreon... Full-moon rings on head.
Leafeon would get smoother leaf tail.
Glaceon could get the heart-shaped tail treatment.

Yes. I generally really don't like facial hair on Pokemon so getting rid of that mustache on female Thievul at least would be great.

I also find female Thievul with mustaches gross.

And Gigantamax Pikachu lacking classic heart tail for females? Very unusual, given regular female Pikachu and Cosplay Pikachu had the classic heart-shaped tail-cuts before.

Male Sylveon having only bowtie would look more bunny-like tho
Bowties would more clearly indicate that the Pokemon is male considering bowties are typically worn by men. I don't see how being more bunny-like would affect that.
Female Espeon with short-ears is a must. I find female Espeon with male ears gross.
How are long ears male ears? To my knowledge, ear length isn't exactly an indicator of gender for animals.
And Gigantamax Pikachu lacking classic heart tail for females? Very unusual, given regular female Pikachu and Cosplay Pikachu had the classic heart-shaped tail-cuts before.
No power-up gimmicks include two different forms for gender differences--female Mega Venusaur lack their seed for example--so I wouldn't say that is unusual. It's the norm, if anything.

Bowties would more clearly indicate that the Pokemon is male considering bowties are typically worn by men. I don't see how being more bunny-like would affect that.

I didn't know that, but I think male Sylveon could look better with just a bowtie, while female Sylveon could look better with rounder bobtails.

How are long ears male ears? To my knowledge, ear length isn't exactly an indicator of gender for animals.

If I remember, Game Freak did tried making Eeveelutions' ears shorter for females, and longer for males, before Diamond and Pearl's final product release scrapped them. At that time, Eevee doesn't have gender differences at all.

No power-up gimmicks include two different forms for gender differences--female Mega Venusaur lack their seed for example--so I wouldn't say that is unusual. It's the norm, if anything.

Mega Evolutions were excluded from gender variations though, but some people find female Gigantamax Pikachu's lacking the signature heart tail cut to be amusing.

I think that all of the event missions for the Mythicals are just going to be removed and we will just get them delivered to you like in the recent games.

Well, they didn't adapt Emerald thanks to RS's gimmick of having one team per version... at least I think so because I don't find much about what they could do with Emerald anyway...
Yeah it makes sense that they didn't want to have both games have both teams. Other things they could have used from Emerald include the revamped Pokémon teams (so that Tate and Liza, the 7th gym leaders, don't only have 2 Pokémon), the ability to rematch gym leaders and the battle frontier. That last one, it seems like they didn't really want to implement, instead a reference was made to it.

What's the big deal about gender differences.

I mean, I guess it adds lore but not really.
I agree that the differences they added to the first 3 gens weren't really necessary, but some gender differences can be cool, like Jellicent and Meowstic

Sincerely, that also deserved to be gone, although that's because of the pretty bad way it was implemented...
What did you not like about the implementation>
I think it's a nice idea to be able to fight gym leaders again to see what kind of different Pokémon they choose, see the gym leaders evolve and just the ability to have more Pokémon trainers to battle

What did you not like about the implementation>
I think it's a nice idea to be able to fight gym leaders again to see what kind of different Pokémon they choose, see the gym leaders evolve and just the ability to have more Pokémon trainers to battle
I'm talking about the fact that challenging depended on RNG only. No matter what you do in the game, you can't influence when you can challenge them, unlike what you could do with the generic trainers.

I'm talking about the fact that challenging depended on RNG only. No matter what you do in the game, you can't influence when you can challenge them, unlike what you could do with the generic trainers.
Oh yes, that should definitely be changed, honestly. Maybe they could implement a daily battle system, or like you said, make the trainer influence the behaviour e.g. defeating the elite four once or twice to activate a rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom