• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I always thought some of the more important NPCs could use some unique designs to make them stand out. Someone from gen 4 who I also think would be a good candidate for that might also be Keira, the contest judge in Hearthome with the Buneary. She could be like the Sinnoh equivalent of Lisia, or something similar if Lisia herself doesn't return.
Yeah, agreed with this. The other two judges (Jordan and Dexter, I think?), plus Sailor Eldritch, Bebe, Mr. Backlot, and the Poketch president should all get unique models too, imo.

Now that Everstone trade has no reason to exist anymore since it's entirely possible (and extremely easy) to get most trade evolutions without needing to trade at all.

Yeah, agreed with this. The other two judges (Jordan and Dexter, I think?), plus Sailor Eldritch, Bebe, Mr. Backlot, and the Poketch president should all get unique models too, imo.

Bebe too! It was a shame that in Sinnoh and Kalos, the Storage System manager were just a trainer class person instead of unique like Bill and Celio.

Funny thing about PC admins having unique designs, the score is completely tied between unique and generic. Bill (assuming we ignore Gens 1 and 2 because come on, even the Pokémon barely had unique sprites), Celio, Gen 6 Lanette, and Molayne all have unique designs, while Gen 3 Lanette*, Bebe, Amanita, and Cassius just used regular NPC sprites/models. And of course Gen 8 just flat-out doesn't have one, which I don't really find surprising, because what exactly was ever the point of them, really?

* Though as far as I can tell, Lanette's unique design has been around since back then, but I think it's something the TCG came up with and then ORAS later adapted?

Funny thing about PC admins having unique designs, the score is completely tied between unique and generic. Bill (assuming we ignore Gens 1 and 2 because come on, even the Pokémon barely had unique sprites), Celio, Gen 6 Lanette, and Molayne all have unique designs[...]
Was it Molayne for Gen 7? I thought it was Mohn. Either way, they both have unique models (Mohn even has a slightly new one in USUM), and it is pretty interesting.

Last edited:
I really hope that doesn't become the case.

I wouldn't mind DLC for Mythicals if they are fleshed out actual events that were similar to the GameStop mystery gift events we had back in the day. I also wouldn't mind DLC to flesh out Arceus' part in the story a bit more.

I wouldn't mind DLC for Mythicals if they are fleshed out actual events that were similar to the GameStop mystery gift events we had back in the day. I also wouldn't mind DLC to flesh out Arceus' part in the story a bit more.
I was more concerned on the possibility of the entire Battle Zone/Frontier becoming DLC - which would be a good chunk of the post-game content. For starters, Buck would be locked behind DLC.

Mythical events as DLC are fine. I'd love to see expansions on the lore.

I was more concerned on the possibility of the entire Battle Zone/Frontier becoming DLC - which would be a good chunk of the post-game content. For starters, Buck would be locked behind DLC.

Mythical events as DLC are fine. I'd love to see expansions on the lore.

The Battle Frontier has pretty much zero chance of being in the base game given their stance on it, and I'd rather have it as DLC than not have it at all. The entire Battle Zone on the other hand, that would be a huge cash grab. Yes, that's a huge chunk of the post game content, and it was free in the original. If they end up selling that as DLC, it would be pretty much indefensible.

Personally, what I would do is bundle the Battle Frontier and the mythical stories and sell it in a big $20 pack. Maybe if they can somehow add in more new areas and Pokemon they could get away with $30, but I'm not sure how they do that.

I doubt Gamefreak would be so greedy that they'd lock the battle zone behind DLC. The Battle Frontier sure (Day 1 DLC maybe?), but not an entire postgame location - they're probably aware of the potential backlash.

And hopefully with enough story and content to warrant the price. Maybe about 8 hours?

I doubt Gamefreak would be so greedy that they'd lock the battle zone behind DLC. The Battle Frontier sure (Day 1 DLC maybe?), but not an entire postgame location - they're probably aware of the potential backlash.

They were aware Dexit would cause backlash and they still did it anyway. Fan backlash wouldn't stop them if they felt they had to cut corners to make it happen.

Predictions for possible mythical DLCs:

Darkrai expansion pack. You must have set Cresselia roaming to activate the event. About 3 to 4 hours.

Shaymin expansion pack. You must have traveled with Marley once to activate the event. About 3 hours.

Arceus expansion pack: You must have defeated Team Galactic to activate the event. About 5 hours.

Manaphy expansion pack: No prerequisite. Talk to the owner of the Trophy Garden to activate the event. About 3 hours.

I agree. They dropped that in either gen 5 or gen 6 (can't remember) and I doubt they're bringing it back any time soon.

Besides, how else are they going to give us our fancy shiny event legendaries?

I agree. They dropped that in either gen 5 or gen 6 (can't remember) and I doubt they're bringing it back any time soon.

Besides, how else are they going to give us our fancy shiny event legendaries?

They didn't do Secret Bases or Pokemon Contests anymore until along came ORAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom