• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't do Secret Bases or Pokemon Contests anymore until along came ORAS.
Of course they brought those in, though. Those were features in RSE and it would kind of be dumb not to bring them back in the remakes (Not one word about the Battle Frontier).

Not so bold prediction: The battle frontier will not return. Gamefreak has been pretty against it returning. However thats not to say it never will, they did change their mind about dlc and mythical pokemon being caught in game (deoxys, celebi) so heres what I think

Bold prediction: The battle frontier will return as a shared dlc between the remakes and swsh, meaning you can buy this dlc for either set of games and it leads to the same location, the battle resort. Only now its finished, complete with both the emerald battle frontier and platnuim battle frontier and the remaining 200 pokemon for the national dex.

Not so bold prediction: The battle frontier will not return. Gamefreak has been pretty against it returning. However thats not to say it never will, they did change their mind about dlc and mythical pokemon being caught in game (deoxys, celebi) so heres what I think

Bold prediction: The battle frontier will return as a shared dlc between the remakes and swsh, meaning you can buy this dlc for either set of games and it leads to the same location, the battle resort. Only now its finished, complete with both the emerald battle frontier and platnuim battle frontier and the remaining 200 pokemon for the national dex.
That would be very interesting, but I think that it’s more likely to be an external app or sold as a separate game in the vein of Pokémon Battle Revolution if anything so Game Freak/TPCi can milk more money off of it.

The only reason I believe Battle Frontier will return is because Barry's father (Palmer) is a Frontier Brain. Then again, there's a chance they will just create new protagonists. My bet is that BF will be released as a dlc in 2022 to keep us preoccupied until Gen 9 games come out.

I could definitely see this happening. A Battle Frontier would be easy to incorporate into Sword and Shield, just like in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Perhaps Galar's Battle Frontier could be somewhere in Wyndon, in that northern part which is current inaccessible?

The only reason I believe Battle Frontier will return is because Barry's father (Palmer) is a Frontier Brain. Then again, there's a chance they will just create new protagonists. My bet is that BF will be released as a dlc in 2022 to keep us preoccupied until Gen 9 games come out.

Palmer does appear in Diamond and Pearl as well, as the leader of the Battle Tower, so I think we'll likely see him in the remakes either way.

Not that GF would care. They are only after making money. And they know people will buy it anyways.

Social Media and public opinions really are a dangerous weapon huh...

I'm really eager for the Diamond and Pearl remakes. Cyrus's parting words in the Rainbow Rocket story have been driving me crazy for three years now. If that doesn't end up leading somewhere I'm going to be disappointed.

"Had I met you sooner...would things have been different for me...?"

WHY
does he say this? How does he go from saying this:

"I see... You are indeed strong. And the basis of your power is your compassion towards Pokémon." "...How wasteful... Such emotions are but mere illusions. And, like all illusions, they fade over time until death banishes them forever. That is why I have abandoned all emotions as useless as sentimentality."

to this:

...Why are you able to create such strong bonds with your Pokémon? And how are you able to turn those bonds into strength?" "...I see. ...You need not worry, Rotom. I will not do anything to this world.

What was different in Gen 7 from Gen 4? What was so different about the protagonist? He's the only villain that has this flip too. All the others still seek their goals in the new world.

Predictions:

Mega Evolution will be in this game. It's the only thing that I can think of to answer the above questions. As a result, I think we may see a slightly altered plot; possibly with a new main villain. I'm not going to lie, I honestly just really want Cyrus to have some sort of redemption arc. He's been my favorite villain for a while. I mean, he's the only one with any kind of backstory isn't he? (N is not a villain; at least, not in the same way as Ghetsis).

They will probably use new main protagonists. Lucas, Dawn and Barry will probably be in the games still, but as NPCs. I can't see Game Freak going down the ORAS route again with removing character customization and I think it would be really weird if they let you customize Lucas/Dawn. I'd rather have them as NPCs.

If Dynamaxing returns, I could see it being a raid battle only thing. I could also see them having raid battles in an upgraded Underground. Otherwise, I would like it to stay a SwSh thing. It works for that region's lore and story and I don't really want them to use it in the gym battles.

It randomly hit me recently how perfect DPP remakes would be for the 25th anniversary next year, and it’s made me pretty convinced they have it planned to celebrate.

While they chose to do new games with the 20th, the timing this time does not work for a new gen to begin for the 25th. And while a regular non-Kanto remake might be kinda ehhh for an anniversary, DPP are the games all about spacetime, as well as the last Japan-based games before the reset of BW. No other region makes any real sense to tie in with nostalgia or anniversaries, but the power of Dialga and Palkia open up any number of possible anniversary-related content to be added to the games (within the limited imagination of Gamefreak, of course).

I can definitely see an alternate universe Cyrus (like how ORAS was an alternate universe Hoenn) winning to an extent, using legendary power to travel through the multiverse into some kind of nostalgic visit to certain areas of past games (like the Distortion World or the Ultra Wormholes, but it’s old regions instead). Not the whole region obviously, just areas. They could even wrap Rainbow Rocket into the plot.

I like the idea that others have had about Sinnoan forms, too. No past remakes had anything of that scope added in, but it’s an anniversary (much like Alolan forms for the 20th). I also agree about the Battle Frontier being perfect DLC material (since Gamefreak sees them as not worth the effort for main game content).

Any thoughts on possible titles? It must be relatively easy/short (so Eternal Diamond / Infinite Pearl seems too long IMO) and also sound pleasing to the ear (Leaf Green, Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, etc).

Any thoughts on possible titles? It must be relatively easy/short (so Eternal Diamond / Infinite Pearl seems too long IMO) and also sound pleasing to the ear (Leaf Green, Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, etc).

I'm starting to think they might just go with the obvious: Time Diamond and Space Pearl, but I find it difficult to come up with anything. (Although; there's still a small part of me that believes in the possibility of Black Diamond and Pearl White) I do wonder if there's a tiny possibility that they will do another multi-region game for the 25th anniversary.
Other guesses/thoughts:

Dawn Diamond & Dusk Pearl (could be confusing because of the character 'Dawn')
Hope Diamond & Mind Pearl
True Diamond & False Pearl
Pure Diamond & Holy Pearl (trying to bring in some of the religious-esque theme of Diamond/Pearl)
∞ Diamond & ∅ Pearl

I'm starting to think they might just go with the obvious: Time Diamond and Space Pearl, but I find it difficult to come up with anything.
Dawn Diamond & Dusk Pearl (could be confusing because of the character 'Dawn')
Hope Diamond & Mind Pearl
True Diamond & False Pearl
Pure Diamond & Holy Pearl (trying to bring in some of the religious-esque theme of Diamond/Pearl)
∞ Diamond & ∅ Pearl
Time Diamond certainly sounds great with the rhyming. Space Pearl seems a little awkward for some reason. Dawn Diamond and Dusk Pearl (Dasuku Paaru) both have that rhyme-y feel and sound nice. That pairing kinda feels like the best IMO, although I’m not sure what they would do with those terms thematically.

The only thing I could come up with beyond your list is something like Deep Diamond and Vast Pearl, but IDK. The whole “long and wide” theme with time and space, but with better sounding words than long and wide. Lol

The whole “long and wide” theme with time and space, but with better sounding words than long and wide. Lol
How about Girthy Diamond and Thicc Pearl? /s

Vast Pearl sounds pretty cool, but Deep Diamond doesn't sit right with me. What about External/Endless Diamond? It's not exactly "long and wide" but it still fits into the idea of something large and expansive in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom