• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any characters from Hoenn that made an appearance before ORAS? I’m curious to see if there are any design differences.

Other than all of the Gym Leaders in the PWT, no. (And nobody involved in the PWT got a redesign probably because it would take too much time.) In fact, I’m faaaaaairly sure that other than Caitlin in Gen 5, returning characters never got major redesigns (just outfit tweaks) until Gen 7. And Caitlin’s was just to show that she was no longer a preteen.

Of course, Gen 7 actually has something of a logic, however weird it is, for determining which returning characters get redesigns. The rule is simple: If they reappear outside the Battle Tree, then they get a redesign. This covers Colress, Grimsley, Anabel, Red, and Blue (Red and Blue appear just outside of the Battle Tree, where you get to pick one of them to battle). If they are only in the game as a special scoutable Trainer within the Tree, then no redesign. This covers Cynthia and Wally. Why they couldn’t just go the extra two feet for them, especially Wally since he should be much older by that point... idk

Okay so Looker also doesn’t change, but I guess they consider his look iconic or something. In fairness he has reappeared more than probably anyone else. (Also none of the Rainbow Rocket bosses get significantly redesigned, but that would kinda go against the idea of Episode RR being a big nostalgia tour. Though *I* think it would have been cool to give them a bunch of sci-fi, Ultra Recon Squad/Avengers Endgame-esque suits like some kind of Super Sentai team.)

Okay so Looker also doesn’t change,
That's because...

Looker was a Timelords all long... :wynaut:

1601159615098.png

Dialga and Palkia are likely to get new forms. If Game Freak does not make Dialga's chest diamond look like an hourglass, then this would be yet another missed opportunity. Same thing if they don't make Palkia's shoulder pearls look like the infinity symbol. This is just too perfect for them not to go for ultimate reference, which I find it very likely that they will not go for it, unfortunately.

I just remembered something; I hope they give more attention to Unown in the remakes and explain how they relate to Arceus. Which leads me into my question:

In Sword/Shield, Hidden Power is no longer a usable move. Do you think they will

A) Bring it back for Gen 4 remakes and rework it to include the Fairy Type.
B) Leave it out and give Unown a new signature move
C) Scrap the Unown and pretend they never happened
D) Other

I just remembered something; I hope they give more attention to Unown in the remakes and explain how they relate to Arceus. Which leads me into my question:

In Sword/Shield, Hidden Power is no longer a usable move. Do you think they will

D) Other
My hope and most likely imo, is A. Plus, I hope they add in a way to make it more of a choice what type you get. Like maybe an item that lets you change it later. I also hope the type you get is more visible rather than it always just showing as Normal-type.

But I feel like they could just bring it back with no changes.

D) Other

Maybe they could bring it back, but keep it exclusive to Unown?

This please. HP is a dull, uncreative, RNG-based source of coverage, and anything that would maneuver Game Freak into doing something worthwhile with the Unown is a plus.

Now that Sword and Shield are being re-released as bundled editions with the DLC included, I think it's safe to say that there probably won't be any more DLC for those games - which means that we'll most likely see a new main series game next year. Not only that, but...

...Cranidos, Shieldon and the Sinnoh Mythical Pokemon are all conspicuously missing from the Crown Tundra, which seems like a Sinnoh remake hint if ever I saw one.

I was unsure before, but now I'm pretty certain that Sinnoh remakes will be released next autumn, assuming the pandemic hasn't delayed production at all.

Yeah, I’m not sure why I still see rumors pop up about a 3rd DLC when they very clearly are marketing this upcoming SwSh+DLC bundle as being a complete thing. I agree that the last new content for SwSh will be coming out this month, and then that’s it (you know, beyond when Go-Home connection goes live and unlocks Melmetal).

I watched a Bird Keeper Toby video about DPP remakes now being obvious, and while I usually feel like he’s one of those ‘let’s grasp at straws to get more views’ YouTubers, that video was pretty legit. He brought up that the new Regi duo would easily be a recreation of how you needed RSE to unlock Regigigas in DPP (transferring them to the game unlocks it)... now it could be that you need to transfer all five to the remake to unlock it (meaning you would need to have bought the DLC).

A better point that he made, though, was how similar the top-down raid den adventures in Crown Tundra seem to be to the top-down Sinnoh underground. It really feels like that feature can be easily expanded in remakes, and the inclusion of this style of adventure in the dlc seems like how Game Freak likes to try out something new before expanding the concept in the next game.

He brought up that the new Regi duo would easily be a recreation of how you needed RSE to unlock Regigigas in DPP (transferring them to the game unlocks it)... now it could be that you need to transfer all five to the remake to unlock it (meaning you would need to have bought the DLC).

But... you will already be able to get Regigigas in the DLC itself. Why would someone bother sending all five Regis (more than has ever been required for that sort of thing) over to DP remakes just to get a second Regigigas?

Last edited:
I still have doubts about Sinnoh remakes because of Dynamax. It can't be done in a Gym, and GF seems to be over Megas. Also, we are getting the Sinnoh Legendaries in Crown Tundra.

I still have doubts about Sinnoh remakes because of Dynamax. It can't be done in a Gym, and GF seems to be over Megas. Also, we are getting the Sinnoh Legendaries in Crown Tundra.
That is a strike against Sinnoh remakes. Most Sinnoh remake "evidence" is circumstantial at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom