• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a remake of the first two Mystery Dungeon games (which weren't Gen 4) and a sequel to Snap which could technically count as a remake depending on how you look at it.

Side note related to that - there’s a bit of evidence that suggests we might get N64/GameCube virtual console on the switch - I’m of the opinion that’s why the digital edition of the Mario 3D All Stars is a limited time release, so they can pull the collection then sell the games separately.

If we do get GameCube VC on Switch I’m really hoping that TPCI cash in and put XD on there - mainly because I replayed Colosseum recently and want to play XD (which I missed out on before) but it goes for silly money on eBay. If they do then making them Home compatible (even if it’s just one way like the GB/GBC games on the 3DS) would just be the icing on the cake!

This could be a way to fill a years worth of content for little cost - might not generate anywhere near the same amount of revenue as another full release but it could bridge the gap between Gens/Full releases which might be a bit of a murkier transition now with DLC instead of third versions.

OH snap I didn't realize that's what he meant :lapras:

That's definitely an interesting point, yeah. I'm thinking too much about something else,

the SwSh dex lacking a lot of Sinnoh mons is definitely one of the stronger points hinting at remakes, at least in my opinion. If GF wanted all Pokemon to be obtainable in this gen I don't see why they'd deliberately omit specific Pokemon from a particular region/SPOILER]

The thing is: The SWSH is gonna lack
more Johto mons, than Sinnoh mons, which means that in your mindset or opinion, Johto remakes are more likely than Sinnoh remakes

The thing is: The SWSH is gonna lack
more Johto mons, than Sinnoh mons, which means that in your mindset or opinion, Johto remakes are more likely than Sinnoh remakes

huh? Why are you taking that as the only thing I'm considering as evidence of a remake?
I didn't mean it as a 100% concrete thing that is 100% indicative of a remake, just as a single point that is in support of Sinnoh right now. The point is that a lot of Sinnoh mons are missing. Sinnoh dex contributions can also be a bit inflated if we consider that ~a sixth of its entire dex is past gen evolutions/babies, although I'm not about to compare these numbers to the leaked dex numbers to see how many of those made it in. Johto also kind of has the same problem and I think both are due for remakes since DPPt and HGSS are both gen 4 anyway.

My opinion, btw, is that Sinnoh's coming first for several reasons that includes the low dex representation.

If Megas come back, which mins do you think should get them?
Suggestions;
Starters
Togekiss
Luxray
Dragonite
Hydreigon
Goodra
Johto starters
If Dynamax and Z-Moves are exclusive to their reason, that would downgrade many Pokémon
I know 8t ain't happening, but I think that all Pokémon who got an exclusive Z-Move or a Gigantamax should get a Mega.
The creation trio will get an Origin form which acts like Megas.

If Megas come back, which mins do you think should get them?
Suggestions;
Starters
Togekiss
Luxray
Dragonite
Hydreigon
Goodra
Johto starters
If Dynamax and Z-Moves are exclusive to their reason, that would downgrade many Pokémon
I know 8t ain't happening, but I think that all Pokémon who got an exclusive Z-Move or a Gigantamax should get a Mega.
The creation trio will get an Origin form which acts like Megas.
Justice for Flygon!

Also, I unironically want mega Dunsparce.

If they make Let's Go Johto in 2021, a half-assed Gen 9 in 2022, and no Sinnoh remakes...I'm checking out of the main series & sticking with Pokemon Masters EX, I can't do this anymore.

Maybe it should be reworked to include a stat boost.
My idea would be that Giratina gets a slight (permanent) boost to both attack and defenses opposite of the other members of the Creation trio to complement it being opposite to both of them, Dialga gets a slight (permanent) boost to defense opposite of Giratina while Palkia gets a slight (permanent) boost to attack opposite of Giratina. As a result, all three are permanently in their Origin forms until their respective orbs are taken away, thus taking away the stat boosts.

Also a thought occurred to me. What if they add Gens 5-8 Pokémon into the Sinnoh Dex and give some of them Sinnohan Regional forms and evolutions? I think that would be a good excuse to expand the regional Pokédex, build on the theme of evolution that Sinnoh was famous for, and finally give some (more) regional forms to the later 4 gens.

Except I don't know how they would do that, as there's really no place to put a Wild Area.
They would be rebuilding the whole region from scratch on the Switch anyway. I’m sure they could fit it into development. The Great Marsh, the area below Cycling Road, the post game areas, the routes between Floaroma Town and Eterna City, the one between Solaceon and Celestic Town...there are plenty of places that could be converted to Wild Areas.

They would be rebuilding the whole region from scratch on the Switch anyway. I’m sure they could fit it into development. The Great Marsh, the area below Cycling Road, the post game areas, the routes between Floaroma Town and Eterna City, the one between Solaceon and Celestic Town...there are plenty of places that could be converted to Wild Areas.
They usually remain faithful to the original layouts in remakes.

“Usually”. It’s a pattern; not a rule. The layout could also stay very similar, just with open exploration. The wild area itself featured caves, forests, lakes, etc.
Sinnoh's got a massive mountain range dividing it in half. A Wild Area would be impossible to include without redesigning the region to the point of unrecognizability.

Sinnoh's got a massive mountain range dividing it in half. A Wild Area would be impossible to include without redesigning the region to the point of unrecognizability.
So does Galar? I really don’t think it’s “impossible” or even unlikely. Translating between routes and open areas is something I can easily envision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom