• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, let's remember that sometimes videogame remakes alter things to accomodate certain mechanics. A good example being the DS Dragon Quest games, where they adapted the maps to be 3D.
The Pokemon remakes usually just translate the already existing maps into the new art style.

Can’t post a screenshot because I’m mobile but, no, I’m looking at it now and there is a small mountain range which the train between Wedgehurst and the Wild Area runs through.
However, it's not as big as Mount Coronet, the tallest mountain seen in any Pokemon game. Sinnoh is unsuitable for a Wild Area, and doing so would basically mean creating a whole new region from scratch. And if so, why not make it Gen 9 instead?

Sinnoh's got a massive mountain range dividing it in half. A Wild Area would be impossible to include without redesigning the region to the point of unrecognizability.

But it's not like other remakes haven't added new locations either
  • HGSS added two new routes and Safari zone west of Cianwood City and the Pokeathlon area
  • FRLG added the Sevii Islands
  • While not new, per se, ORAS had a heavily modified Mauville City.
I don't see why it'd be impossible for Sinnoh remakes to do the same, there are ways to do it without making Sinnoh unrecognizable. Also, the Wild Area in Galar doesn't take up the entirety of the Galar region, why assume it would in Sinnoh?

But it's not like other remakes haven't added new locations either
  • HGSS added two new routes and Safari zone west of Cianwood City and the Pokeathlon area
  • FRLG added the Sevii Islands
  • While not new, per se, ORAS had a heavily modified Mauville City.
I don't see why it'd be impossible for Sinnoh remakes to do the same, there are ways to do it without making Sinnoh unrecognizable. Also, the Wild Area in Galar doesn't take up the entirety of the Galar region, why assume it would in Sinnoh?
Sinnoh's layout is unsuitable for the Wild Area. I was talking about modifying the entire look of the region, which I don't think that they would do.

However, it's not as big as Mount Coronet, the tallest mountain seen in any Pokemon game. Sinnoh is unsuitable for a Wild Area, and doing so would basically mean creating a whole new region from scratch. And if so, why not make it Gen 9 instead?
It doesn’t really matter how big it is. The point is, it’s there and so is a Wild Area. Again, no, I really don’t think reconstructing some of the Sinnoh routes as open areas would be equivalent to “a whole new region”, but agree to disagree. I personally feel there is realistic potential here for open areas that would still remain true to classic Sinnoh.

I seem to remember someone suggesting the Great Marsh as a location for a Wild Area a while back. As far as faithfulness to the original games goes, it seems like Safari Zones are fair game, probably because you can add/remove/change them without it affecting the overall layout of the region. Kanto's Safari Zone has been replaced twice (with the Pal Park and GO Park), Johto acquired a whole new Safari Zone that was never there before, and Hoenn's Safari Zone was changed quite a bit as well.

Could Sinnoh's Pal Park be replaced with a Wild Area too? There isn't really any need for a Pal Park anymore, because you can transfer Pokemon using HOME instead.

Also a thought occurred to me. What if they add Gens 5-8 Pokémon into the Sinnoh Dex and give some of them Sinnohan Regional forms and evolutions? I think that would be a good excuse to expand the regional Pokédex, build on the theme of evolution that Sinnoh was famous for, and finally give some (more) regional forms to the later 4 gens.

I had this thought a while back.

Sinnohan Lillipup (Normal) -> Sinnohan Herdier (Normal) -> Sinnohan Stoutland (Normal/Ice)

The Sinnohan Lillipup line has adapted even further to colder climates of the Sinnoh region with Stoutland now gaining the Ice type. Sinnohan Lillipup and Herdier now gain thicker fur like Unovan Stoutland, meanwhile Sinnohan Stoutland can trap and release cold energy with its fur.

Sinnohan Sunkern (Grass/Fire) -> Sinnohan Sunflora (Grass/Fire) -> Sunflara (Grass/Fire)

The grassy, sun soaked fields near Floaroma have caused the Sunkern line to gain the Fire type, allowing them to convert the solar energy they absorb into devastating Fire attacks. Further exposure to heat through the use of a Fire Stone (Sinnohan Sunkern now evolves through level up, not a Sun Stone) now causes Sinnohan Sunflora to evolve even further into a new Pokemon called Sunflara. Sunflara can now give off its own solar energy causing the plants around it to grow rapidly.

Sinnohan Helioptile (Electric/Fire) -> Sinnohan Heliolisk (Electric/Fire)

Sinnohan Helioptile has grown around the Valley Windworks area and has learned to reflect the sun's energy back as Fire types.

Paras -> Sinnohan Parasect (Bug/Ghost)

The spectral energy in various parts of the Sinnoh region has caused Parasect's mushroom to possess its body becoming a Ghost type.

Sinnohan Ekans (Poison/Psychic) -> Sinnohan Arbok (Poison/Psychic) -> Thypno (Poison/Psychic)

The Sinnohan Ekans line has developed Psychic powers which it uses to hypnotize its prey. Sinnohan Ekans uses its rattle, while Sinnohan Arbok uses its face markings to lure prey to it and then attack with its Poison. Sinnohan Arbok can also evolve even further to a new Pokemon called Thypno (in case you didn't pick up on the naming scheme, Thypno is an anagram of python). Thypno curls its long body into a hypno wheel to hypnotize its prety.

Sinnohan Trapinch (Bug) -> Sinnohan Vibrava (Bug/Dragon) -> Sinnohan Flygon (Bug/Dragon)

The Sinnohan Trapinch line has adapted to Sinnoh's marshlands and become a Bug type. The Sinnohan Trapinch line is exclusive to Pearl.

Sinnohan Axew (Dragon) -> Sinnohan Fraxure (Dragon) -> Sinnohan Haxorus (Dragon/Steel)

The Sinnohan Axew line has adapted to the rocky environment near Mt. Coronet to make their tusks even harder, with Sinnohan Haxorus now becoming Dragon/Steel. The Sinnohan Axew line is exclusive to Diamond.

Sinnohan Cubchoo (Ice/Water) -> Sinnohan Beartic (Ice/Water)

The Sinnohan Cubchoo line has adapated to live in more aquatic environments, notably the Lake Acuity area. As a result, it has gained the Water type.

Sinnohan Dratini (Dragon) -> Sinnohan Dragonair (Dragon) -> Dragonymph (Dragon/Fairy)

The Sinnohan Dratini line has migrated to the Mt. Coronet area and as a result, no longer evolve into Dragonite. Instead, the mystical energy of Mt. Coronet cause Sinnohan Dragonair to evolve into a new Pokemon called Dragonymph and which retains Dragonair's serpentine body tyhpe and gains the Fairy type.

They're probably going to want to include newer gen Pokemon anyway because of Dexit (since anything that appears in the post game areas needs to be in the Sinnoh Dex), but Sinnohan forms could allow them to sneak in a few in the main game as well.

Do you think they will remove Gyms and replace them with stadiums?
Potentially. Depends on if each leader will be able to Gigantamax again (which I would hope they will). I could definitely see the Gyms updated to a grander scale to accommodate Dyna/Gigantamaxing. They are usually depicted as large battlefields in the anime anyways, so the concept is already there.

Potentially. Depends on if each leader will be able to Gigantamax again (which I would hope they will). I could definitely see the Gyms updated to a grander scale to accommodate Dyna/Gigantamaxing. They are usually depicted as large battlefields in the anime anyways, so the concept is already there.

But stadiums aren't part of Sinnoh's culture. I personally prefer Megas but don't see them returning.

I just found this really cool Gen 8 style map of Sinnoh, designed by a guy called Parker Ortolani. He's turned the western and southern parts of the region, which used to go off the edge of the map, into a Wild Area and Sinjoh Ruins, respectively. He goes into detail about his design choices, and Sinnoh remake ideas, in this article.

1 qy1O2QFS1TSh7PGS114jSA@2x.png

There's no way that any game released after SwSh (,maybe except for an LG Johto,) to not include an open world area. It's something the fans always wanted and GF isn't going to remove it.

But stadiums aren't part of Sinnoh's culture. I personally prefer Megas but don't see them returning.
Mega evolution was not part of Hoenn’s culture, until it suddenly very much was... to the point of introducing a history of mega evolution completely independent of what was established in Kalos.

I just found this really cool Gen 8 style map of Sinnoh, designed by a guy called Parker Ortolani. He's turned the western and southern parts of the region, which used to go off the edge of the map, into a Wild Area and Sinjoh Ruins, respectively. He goes into detail about his design choices, and Sinnoh remake ideas, in this article.

View attachment 137005
This is a pretty neat idea, except…
“Parker Ortolani” said:
To the northeast you can find the fight area, resort area, and survival areas. These remain as they appeared in Pokémon Diamond & Pearl without the Battle Frontier but rather with a battle tower akin to the Rose Tower in Wyndon.
I’d rather not have the Battle Tower be like it was in SwSh. They basically gutted its BP earning system with only 2 BP per match no matter what, removed multi-battles from it, and they also removed the ability to lose your winning streak. And that’s not even getting into the possibility/my fear of them replacing Barry’s dad with Leon despite how little sense that would make. Hey, if Game Freak performs a copy-and-paste on the Battle Tower’s functionality, then they might as well go the whole mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom