• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a thought occurred to me. What if they add Gens 5-8 Pokémon into the Sinnoh Dex and give some of them Sinnohan Regional forms and evolutions? I think that would be a good excuse to expand the regional Pokédex, build on the theme of evolution that Sinnoh was famous for, and finally give some (more) regional forms to the later 4 gens.
This is actually how I see DPP remakes making sense in an anniversary year: much like how Alolan forms helped celebrate the 20th, Sinnohan forms can help celebrate the 25th.

TBH though, I mostly just am sad that Blitzle is STILL not living anywhere other than Unova (assuming the Crown Tundra returning list from Home is true, which... come on, it is), and am really hopeful they remember it exists and let it shine in Sinnoh with a new form.

Do you think they will remove Gyms and replace them with stadiums?
They don't need to. If I were them, I would just add one new location, with its own stadium and have something like the the Galarian Star Tournament.

Isn’t it funny how circular the conversation is here:

Sinnoh's got a massive mountain range dividing it in half. A Wild Area would be impossible to include without redesigning the region to the point of unrecognizability.

as I previously theorised:

I had to look up a map of Sinnoh to get a good idea of possibilities for a wild area type space and I actually think converting the Pal Park is the most likely possibility if a Wild Area is added.

View attachment 129850

It seems to me that the area around the Pal Park is the biggest area of unused space on the map. Also if memory serves route 221 is basically just a corridor to the Pal Park so could be included in the Sinnoh Wild area and the map could be expanded further south if more space is needed.

There are at least 4 easy points to connect it to other places (which is one more than the Galar wild area) and could be accessed early in the game.

I don't think Sinnoh nessesarily needs a Wild Area added but the online aspect of the Galar wild area is the main thing thats still got me playing Shield at this point so I can see the logic in including one.

If Megas come back, which mons do you think should get them?
Suggestions;
Starters
Togekiss
Luxray
Dragonite
Hydreigon
Goodra
Johto starters
If Dynamax and Z-Moves are exclusive to their reason, that would downgrade many Pokémon
I know 8t ain't happening, but I think that all Pokémon who got an exclusive Z-Move or a Gigantamax should get a Mega.
The creation trio will get an Origin form which acts like Megas.
Justice for Flygon!

Also, I unironically want mega Dunsparce.
I think mega Roserade would look super cool.

I also want to see what a Mega Vespiquen and Mega Drapion would be like.
Mega Milotic, please! And Mega Weavile!

Oh, how I would love Mega Evolution to come back, and for there to be new ones! As much as I enjoy Dynamax, I just can't see it working outside of Galar, at least not in a remake. I've compiled a hypothetical list of new Megas, including all of these suggestions as well as some of my own, and I think it would make a great set for a Sinnoh remake:

Dragonite
Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Torkoal
Flygon
Milotic
Torterra
Infernape
Empoleon
Staraptor
Luxray
Roserade
Vespiquen
Floatzel
Spiritomb
Drapion
Carnivine
Weavile
Rhyperior
Togekiss
Porygon-Z
Froslass
Excadrill
Hydreigon
Goodra

There's at least one Pokemon of each type here, and there's 28 altogether, which is the same amount that X and Y introduced. I got a bit stuck choosing a Rock type, but ultimately went with Rhyperior because a) it would be a chance to improve its design and b) it would give Bertha a Sinnoh-native Mega to use. These are all the Megas I think the important characters in the game should use:

Barry: Starter
Dawn/Lucas: Starter
Cyrus: Weavile
Aaron: Vespiquen
Bertha: Rhyperior/Flygon
Flint: Houndoom/Torkoal
Lucian: Alakazam/Girafarig
Cynthia: Garchomp

With the addition of these new Megas, Cynthia would actually be able to Mega Evolve all six of her Pokemon, if she had her Platinum team. Wouldn't it be cool if, in the postgame, she randomly chose one of her six Megas each time you battled her?

Finding places to replace with Wild Areas isn't a big issue when it comes to a big region like Sinnoh.

The best way to implement it, imo, is to just change the bigger/longer roads + Mt. Coronet to Wild Area-like routes, while shorter roads remain the same. The road to Veilstone City and Snowpoint can easily become Wild Areas, even the lakes. Water routes to Iron and Fullmoon islands etc

I know this will probably make a lot of people annoyed but remove Sinnoh's safari zone and make it a wild area.
Ngl, I'd be ecstatic about this, the Great Marsh was a pain to navigate with all the muddy spots.

If they convert the Great Marsh into the Wild Area, I feel as though they'd have to make another entrance to it before reaching Pastoria City. Having the Wild area unlock around the 4/5th gym is a bit late, imo.

I also like the idea of having smaller Wild-Area like regions scattered around Sinnoh instead of one big one, since it could potentially take advantage of the different biomes Sinnoh has to offer.

Have people here not played in the DLC (Isle of Armor)? The idea of a separate Wild Area is already outdated. They’ve already combined the ideas from the wild area (360 camera, raid dens, open exploration feeling) with routes in the Isle of Armor.

Most routes in Sinnoh would be bigger than areas in the Isle of Armor anyway. Every route would be in that style.

I’d rather not have the Battle Tower be like it was in SwSh. They basically gutted its BP earning system with only 2 BP per match no matter what, removed multi-battles from it, and they also removed the ability to lose your winning streak. And that’s not even getting into the possibility/my fear of them replacing Barry’s dad with Leon despite how little sense that would make. Hey, if Game Freak performs a copy-and-paste on the Battle Tower’s functionality, then they might as well go the whole mile.
Good lord, what have they done with the Battle Tower? If there was something that i would have been fine with being copy and pasted, it was the 3DS games's Battle Tower. Even if the removal of the Triple and Rotation Battles in Gen 7 was crap.

Last edited:
Have people here not played in the DLC (Isle of Armor)? The idea of a separate Wild Area is already outdated. They’ve already combined the ideas from the wild area (360 camera, raid dens, open exploration feeling) with routes in the Isle of Armor.

Most routes in Sinnoh would be bigger than areas in the Isle of Armor anyway. Every route would be in that style.
They would still have to redesign the region to the point of unrecognizability, as the Sinnoh region was created with the DS in mind, not the Switch. I'm thinking that the Sinnoh remakes will look more like LGPE in terms of the look and feel of the game.

There would simply not be enough diversity in available Pokemon.

Ever read or watched Journey to the Center of the Earth? Having an underground biosphere would be really cool and allow for more options to build a base than simply digging into the wall. Even if they don't do plant life; there could be an "ice" section of the cave and a "lava" section and an underground lake section. Think Big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom