• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the main gimmick of the generation will be relegated to the post game?

Well it's not too bad considering how having them in the gyms would change DP too much. My preference is if they introduce new Megas though. That seems more likely imo with Go having Megas soon.

Last edited:
Ever read or watched Journey to the Center of the Earth? Having an underground biosphere would be really cool and allow for more options to build a base than simply digging into the wall. Even if they don't do plant life; there could be an "ice" section of the cave and a "lava" section and an underground lake section. Think Big.
It would still have limited Pokemon availability. Oh, and no weather.

It would still have limited Pokemon availability. Oh, and no weather.

I don't understand your reasoning for it having limited pokemon availability. What qualifies as limited? And why does there have to be weather? There could still be terrain affects, at least. For example; there could be a section of the underground similar to chargestone cave where electric terrain sometimes triggers (I know terrain doesn't exist in gen 5; I'm just referring to the whole electrical element of the cave). Weather in the wild area doesn't serve much of a purpose, though. I see nothing wrong with having a "wild area" without one.

Your original argument was that they couldn't have dynamax because there was no place for a wild area without totally redesigning the world map. The underground can be a wild area and it can be as big as they want it to be and they can shove any pokemon down there that they want. There's nothing special or unique about the original underground and really will require a massive face lift of some kind anyway. The underground is accessible very early in gen 4 and can be traveled to at any time. Like the original; parts of it could be accessible from only certain areas of the map; allowing for players to continue to revisit it and explore more of it throughout the game. Even if they only stick to pokemon found in caves; that's still a bunch. And the type availability could be very diverse. Don't make me list them out.

I don't understand your reasoning for it having limited pokemon availability. What qualifies as limited? And why does there have to be weather? There could still be terrain affects, at least. For example; there could be a section of the underground similar to chargestone cave where electric terrain sometimes triggers (I know terrain doesn't exist in gen 5; I'm just referring to the whole electrical element of the cave). Weather in the wild area doesn't serve much of a purpose, though. I see nothing wrong with having a "wild area" without one.

Your original argument was that they couldn't have dynamax because there was no place for a wild area without totally redesigning the world map. The underground can be a wild area and it can be as big as they want it to be and they can shove any pokemon down there that they want. There's nothing special or unique about the original underground and really will require a massive face lift of some kind anyway. The underground is accessible very early in gen 4 and can be traveled to at any time. Like the original; parts of it could be accessible from only certain areas of the map; allowing for players to continue to revisit it and explore more of it throughout the game. Even if they only stick to pokemon found in caves; that's still a bunch. And the type availability could be very diverse. Don't make me list them out.
The original Wild Area had all kinds of Pokemon on it. Oh, and weather can change what Pokemon are available in a given area. Most Pokemon only spawn under a specific weather condition.

The original Wild Area had all kinds of Pokemon on it. Oh, and weather can change what Pokemon are available in a given area. Most Pokemon only spawn under a specific weather condition.
...And Minya got an answer to that. Sincerely, terrains should be used in the main game more, considering they were just there in Gen VI and in Gen VII they were only visible if you fought the Tapus.

I think that it's more likely that the Pal Park will be replaced with a Wild Area, as due to the existence of Bank and Home an area just for transfers is no longer necessary.

Yes. But Sinnoh can have more than one. GF I'd learning and can improve on it. Plus, I doubt Sinnoh Will have DLCs.
They can't do much with the Wild Area concept without drastically altering the look of the region, as Sinnoh already existed without a Wild Area. This is not a new gen.

My favorite thing about all of this is essentially that everyone calls for GameFreak to stop doing releases so close near each other but at the same time people are "WHERE ARE THE SINNOH REMAKES."

It's beautiful.

My favorite thing about all of this is essentially that everyone calls for GameFreak to stop doing releases so close near each other but at the same time people are "WHERE ARE THE SINNOH REMAKES."

It's beautiful.
Kinda reminds me of how people ask Joan Jett to be more original while at the same time asking her for more covers.

I think we're going in circles...

The problem, I think, with very popular threads is that because there are so many posts, it can be difficult to keep track of what has already been discussed. I've usually only read the most recent page (or sometimes the last couple of pages) when posting here, and the same is probably true of many people. It's easy to revisit the same topics multiple times without even realizing.

It's beautiful.
I don't care when things are released. Game Freak can release a game every other week for all I care (actually, how about no, my wallet couldn't take that), I just want Sinnoh Remakes.

It's beautiful.
Nah, I am willing to wait as long as we get quality games. I just want Sinnoh remakes to be the next installments whenever that may be.

On the topic of the wild area... I dont think there needs to significant changes to the region to even accommodate for those. A lot of routes can be their own mini wild area.

A route like 217 for instance, is pretty much a straight line. Not much would be lost by expanding the area a bit and adding a moveable camera.

edit: I dont think these should even be called "wild areas" though. Only take some specific cues from them.

The one thing I dislike about them is the abrupt weather changes. Dynamic weather is cool, but it should be a select few weather patterns that make sense for each area. Lets say, route 217 does become a wild area. The only options should be "clear" "light snow" or "blizzard" or something along those lines to stay consistent with it's location.

It's beautiful.
Honestly, if Gamefreak told everyone they were taking at least one year off, i would be glad. If there's a franchise that needs to take a break, it's Pokemon.

The problem, I think, with very popular threads is that because there are so many posts, it can be difficult to keep track of what has already been discussed. I've usually only read the most recent page (or sometimes the last couple of pages) when posting here, and the same is probably true of many people. It's easy to revisit the same topics multiple times without even realizing.
The thing is, we had this conversation with the same person using that same arguments over and over again.

They can't do much with the Wild Area concept without drastically altering the look of the region, as Sinnoh already existed without a Wild Area. This is not a new gen.

You're just repeating yourself.
People showed you both the Underground and the Safari Zones can be made into wild areas. It's not like people will complain if that happens. We will complain if there's no wild area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom