• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when it comes to the general art style and aesthetic, the Sinnoh remakes will be similar to Sword/Shield, but as for the region itself, I'd be beyond surprised if they recreated Sinnoh without the "grid". I think in that regard, it will be more like Let's Go's take on Kanto. And in this particular case, I'd actually be very happy with that. I think Sinnoh should stay Sinnoh. I don't want them to dumb down complex routes and locations like Mt. Coronet (which I am fairly certain would happen if they completely remade Sinnoh from the ground up with the mindset and "standards" they have today when creating a region).

Count me in the camp that loves Mount Coronet (except the reliance of HM's).

But if I had to be honest, it's pretty much a given that it will be much more simpler in the remakes. Kids getting lost there is a huge reason why future regions are more linear and easy to traverse. And game freak's recent design philosophy matches with it as well.

Count me in the camp that loves Mount Coronet (except the reliance of HM's).

But if I had to be honest, it's pretty much a given that it will be much more simpler in the remakes. Kids getting lost there is a huge reason why future regions are more linear and easy to traverse. And game freak's recent design philosophy matches with it as well.
Not only kids... Also adults that have been playing the game for 13 years...

Yeah, HMs are a big gripe when scaling Mt. Coronet at least for the end game to reach Spear Pillar. Every playthrough I either had to give up slots for the HMs at best or give up an entire Pokemon to have an HM user.

The worst part is that after leaving the area, the obstacles reset, so that one obstacle that gets in the way of your progress won't even let you keep your ideal team.

I would be extremely disappointed if Mt. Coronet was made simpler in design. The HM issue is already out the window since Gen 7 added them as field abilities (the riding pokemon in Gen 7 for example), so making the design of the dungeon simpler would just make it really boring and the final dungeon of the story shouldn't be boring.

Honestly, i dislike more and more how simple routes and dungeons have become in recent years and doing a remake of a generation where it wasn't like that just to change to them to be like the ones from the last few gens would be disappointing to say the very least.

Ugh, simplified dungeon designs is not something I'd want to see. The complex and puzzling design of Sinnoh is part of the reason why it's such a great region and gutting that would destroy part of its identity. Removing HMs is fine, so long as the obstacles themselves still exist in some capacity (ideally through a Poke Ride/Secret Techniques type of mechanic), but that's the only simplification the design needs.

I would prefer it if the obstacles wouldn't reset as well since it would be extremely hard to keep track of which areas you really explored before the next play session if they did reset.

Ugh, simplified dungeon designs is not something I'd want to see. The complex and puzzling design of Sinnoh is part of the reason why it's such a great region and gutting that would destroy part of its identity. Removing HMs is fine, so long as the obstacles themselves still exist in some capacity (ideally through a Poke Ride/Secret Techniques type of mechanic), but that's the only simplification the design needs.
It took me two hours to get out of Oreburgh City. Two hours!

I would also be disappointed if the overworld was simplified. The graphics and gameplay of gen 4 hasn't aged as much as the first three games when they were remade. It's still pretty enjoyable to replay. If the overworld is too overly simplified, then I feel like I might be inclined to keep playing Platinum and I'd rather not feel that way. Having simply a full 3d Sinnoh wouldn't really be enough for me.

I hope there's not too much to worry about. They didn't overly simplify ORAS, and LGPE kept the HM puzzles even without HMs. I figure they will add in some auto travel options in sections where players typically had to back track; like how you can auto travel back to Norman's Gym in ORAS after defeating Flannery. I think that would cut down on a lot of the confusion.

Honestly, the hardest part about Mt. Coronet for me was the fact that it was hard for me to see certain rock climb and cave entrances. Like, I would literally walk in circles because I couldn't see the cave entrance I was suppose to go in. I don't know about everyone else.

I think that the gameplay will overall be simplified. Sinnoh's complex and confusing layout was one of the most hated things about DP. That and the slow gameplay and the abysmally small regional dex.

I mean I was 12 years old when Sinnoh came out. Maybe it was a little complicated back then, but I don’t expect a Pokémon game to give me much of a challenge now, no matter what they do to it.

It took me two hours to get out of Oreburgh City. Two hours!

No offense, but like, how? It's a pretty straightforward area. I did get tripped up for like, 2 minutes trying to find the entrance to Oreburgh Mine, but two hours? That seems a bit excessive.

The only thing that really gave me trouble back when I played the original was finding Strength, I didn't really want to go through Lost Tower and the game did a poor job of indicating that it was mandatory (there was one very missable NPC in Hearthome that told you, but you could easily just skip it and proceed for several more gyms, making finding that NPC a needle in a haystack), so I ended up skipping it and ended up going all the way to Canalave and then being completely baffled as to where to find Strength afterwards. But that's more an issue with NPCs and dialogue than region design.

The only thing that really gave me trouble back when I played the original was finding Strength, I didn't really want to go through Lost Tower and the game did a poor job of indicating that it was mandatory (there was one very missable NPC in Hearthome that told you, but you could easily just skip it and proceed for several more gyms, making finding that NPC a needle in a haystack), so I ended up skipping it and ended up going all the way to Canalave and then being completely baffled as to where to find Strength afterwards. But that's more an issue with NPCs and dialogue than region design.

I remember doing this as well. I guess the game just expects you to explore it because it's there. I kind of understand why they don't specifically force you to go there. Most HMs used to be 'hidden' which I think was suppose to be part of the challenge of the game. Gold and Silver had a lot of optional HMs. In particular, I remember not knowing where Waterfall was for a long time and having to train a Goldeen to get to Kanto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom