• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are gonna be all over this chap if the DLC drops and proves all his Crown Tundra leaks true haha

For what it's worth, he has also claimed that it is a core series game that's being worked on, just in case anyone was thinking he would pull a fast one and be alluding to a spin-off.

(I should probably say that even if his CT leaks are true, that doesn't mean we should automatically assume he's correct about the 2021 game. But it would probably make his feed worth keeping an eye on.)
Yeah, but said game can be a lot of different things.

I forget, are the remakes considered "core games"? :unsure:

Yes, all of the Pokémon RPGs developed by Game Freak are “core games.” Even the Let’s Go games are considered part of the core series by GF.

I think the only Pokémon title they’ve ever made that isn’t part of the core series is Pokémon Quest which, it’s easy to see why that wouldn’t count.

Last edited:
The person who leaked new Pokemon from the Crown Tundra on Twitter says there is a main series game coming next year sometime during the fall.

They will provide hints later, I think we will know what's coming by May 2021 at the absolute latest

Interesting prediction. In other news, my sources say that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow.

Of course we'll get a game next year. It's the 25th anniversary, and I'm concerned that Game Freak would just rush out Gen 9.

Context? I don't know Japanese, but I don't see anything relating to Sinnoh.

Um, the picture of the Dawn figure with the red Dynamax cloud over her head.

If they remake Sinnoh now, then the region will be changed into something entirely different, as all the Gyms will be converted into stadiums in order to incorporate the Dynamax mechanic. Sinnoh will go from a region focused on ancient history to a region about big, flashy battles, essentially a copy of Galar.

I wish I had something positive to say about this whole possibility, like "Oh, I don't think they're gonna do it like that..." I kinda do. Because they've already set the precedent that unlike Mega Evolution, Dynamax requires a Power Spot to work. So if GameFreak is going to tap the whole multiverse explanation again, and give these hypothetical Sinnoh remakes the ORAS treatment & say, "What if Sinnoh had Power Spots?"

Then, the scenario I would hope for would be that it's going to be more low-key than in Galar, and linked to the Sinnoh region's history & mythology rather than making a sports league out of it.

Because I completely agree, I'm gonna be pissed if they retcon Sinnoh to be Galar 2.0 solely for the purpose of being able to include Dynamax. Sinnoh already has Super Contests as "entertainment in the form of flashy Pokemon battles". But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised, because these days GameFreak sees Pokemon games with the yen symbol, and not as an exercise in doing what the fans want.

Um, the picture of the Dawn figure with the red Dynamax cloud over her head.

That seems to be a joke on the part of the tweet's author - they've taken the clouds from the Pikachu figure to create a 'giant' Dawn.

For my money, I believe Centro and think we're looking at a Let's Go-esque Sinnoh remake with reduced features relative to SwSh. I struggle to picture the possibility of another Wild Area completely divorced from Galar given that SwSh gives such an excellent framework to hang further instalments on - I'd been banking on further DLC for some time for that very reason. Galar's ambition and scale were clearly tough for GF to realise so I'm not sure they would consider overhauling Sinnoh in such a manner for a separate title.

Playing in Crown Tundra... this is 100% the last new thing for SwSh, and this also 100% shows that whatever comes next will be full 360 camera (barring interior areas perhaps). I’d elaborate but I don’t want to involve spoilers.
If that's the case then Gen 9 is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom