• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily true- look at the change in graphics from RSE to FRLG.

I think I'm going to need you to elaborate. They look pretty similar to me, but maybe I'm overlooking something.

Besides; LGPE looks very different from both USUM and SwSh. Who knows what we'd get with a theoretical Diamond and Pearl remake.

Do you remember the National Pokedex controversy?

Well, turns out that the missing Pokemon are one of the possible signs for Gen 4 remakes or a 3rd DLC. Well, everyone already aware of that. If so, Sword and Shield and Pokemon HOME would then make a huge update when either one of them comes out. So, technically Game Freak does not want to spoil the secret on what's next for Pokemon after Sword and Shield. If you seen one of the commercials for ORAS, you will noticed Gallade (a Gen 4 Pokemon) in one of its Japanese commercials.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's not Wally's?
It can be the player's too. Since Sylveon and Galarian Pontya were new Pokemon that was revealed years after Gen 4, they may appear in the remakes. Otherwise, we just don't know yet.

Remember the reusable models of Sun and Moon for Sword and Shield? Well, this is not entirely new as video games companies did it in the past. For good examples, Smash Bros Ultimate had reused models from Smash 4 and Majora's Mask had resued models from Ocarina of Time. Even movie companies did the same (just look up Disney). As for the Gen 4 remakes, only time will tell.

Last edited:
Absolutely untrue. Compare the wild area to the crown tundra. Leaps in innovation and route design within a single game. There is no upper limit to the leaps that are possible between games within one generation.
It's just another Wild Area. Not even comparable.

It can be the player's too.
I'm not certain what you are getting at here, but if you're saying that Gallade appearing in an ORAS commercial is proof of a DPPt remake in the works, I'm going to have to disagree. Not only is Gallade in the ORAS regional Pokedex, like any (pre)evolutions added after gen 3, and is the ace of a main character as stated by prog/Norowara, the commercial is also for a game that predates the development of SwSh by about three years to my knowledge. Gallade's inclusion in that commercial isn't indicative of anything in my opinion.
Since Sylveon and Galarian Pontya were new Pokemon that was revealed years after Gen 4, they may appear in the remakes.
I figure there's a good chance that Sylveon and regional variants will be included in DPPt remakes since, as mentioned before, newer evolutions were included in ORAS and regional variants were in LGPE.

Last edited:
Gallade being in the ORAS regional dex and being Wally's ace was mostly likely done because Gallade fits Wally far more than Gardevoir. So Gallade being in a ORAS commercial is not indicative of a Gen 4 remake in my eyes, it's just because Gallade has a prominent role in ORAS as a main character's ace.

Gallade being in the ORAS regional dex and being Wally's ace was mostly likely done because Gallade fits Wally far more than Gardevoir.
I think another reason was to make him different from Diantha, who also had a Gardevoir as an ace.

EDIT: Also, didn't Gallade debut in ORAS, or I'm misremembering things? Because that would also add another reason for Gardevoir's replacement.

I think another reason was to make him different from Diantha, who also had a Gardevoir as an ace.

EDIT: Also, didn't Gallade debut in ORAS, or I'm misremembering things? Because that would also add another reason for Gardevoir's replacement.
Gallade first appeared in Diamond and Pearl.

I almost forgot. The reason why rest of the Johto Pokemon (especially the starters) are missing is because of HeartGold and SoulSilver being in the same gen as Diamond and Pearl. Because of this, we may also get a Let's Go Johto too.

I almost forgot. The reason why rest of the Johto Pokemon (especially the starters) are missing is because of HeartGold and SoulSilver being in the same gen as Diamond and Pearl. Because of this, we may also get a Let's Go Johto too.
I think that they would put Gen 9 in between the two.

I almost forgot. The reason why rest of the Johto Pokemon (especially the starters) are missing is because of HeartGold and SoulSilver being in the same gen as Diamond and Peael. We may also get a Let's Go Johto too.
Not sure. With the exception of FRLG (and for obvious reasons) LGPE, past starters are available in remakes. You could get both the Hoenn and Kanto starters in HGSS, for example.

I think if they do DP remakes, they'll include the remaining starters (2nd, 5th, 6th, even 3rd gen unless there's some way to already get them in CT that hasn't been discovered). The traditional remakes are more likely to include later gen stuff, at least in its post game. Whereas if we get Let's Go Johto, we'll get absolutely nothing but 1st, 2nd, and a few new Pokemon. None of the missing 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th gen Pokemon will show up in that game. Let's Go Johto would pretty much be waving the white flag on including the entire National Dex between the two sets of 8th gen games, whereas with DP remakes they'll probably fill in the gaps.

I think if they do DP remakes, they'll include the remaining starters (2nd, 5th, 6th, even 3rd gen unless there's some way to already get them in CT that hasn't been discovered). The traditional remakes are more likely to include later gen stuff, at least in its post game. Whereas if we get Let's Go Johto, we'll get absolutely nothing but 1st, 2nd, and a few new Pokemon. None of the missing 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th gen Pokemon will show up in that game. Let's Go Johto would pretty much be waving the white flag on including the entire National Dex between the two sets of 8th gen games, whereas with DP remakes they'll probably fill in the gaps.

It turns out that the whole National Dex controversy is all just a huge misunderstanding by the fans because Game Freak wanted to save the remaining Pokemon for the Gen 4 remakes (maybe, we just do not know). Do you remember when most of the Hoenn Pokemon (along with other Pokemon from the other gens) were missing from XY? That's because they had to save them for ORAS.

Update: Disregard this post I made as Sword and Shield have the same story as Ruby and Sapphire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom