• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh, good catch! (And what a weird system, this whole time I've been checking the dex entry section to see if a Pokemon was included, but they included some without entries? Wha???)
Yeah it’s rather disappointing but
none of the legendary Pokémon from Dynamax Adventures were given Dex entries. Sinnoh or otherwise (except obviously the Kanto birds).
I mentioned it before, but I do think this is a minor point for Sinnoh remakes.

Oddly enough, both the Tao trio and the Light trio were given Pokedex entries for Sw/Sh, but they can only be viewed in Home. Do the Creation or Lake trios have Pokedex entries viewable in Home for Sw/Sh?

Yeah it’s rather disappointing but
none of the legendary Pokémon from Dynamax Adventures were given Dex entries. Sinnoh or otherwise (except obviously the Kanto birds).
I mentioned it before, but I do think this is a minor point for Sinnoh remakes.

Neither Regigigas nor Keldeo get new entries either, despite not being encountered through DA.
They’re not part of the CT Dex even though their corresponding trios are, and they didn’t even get new unreadable entries like the 35 transfer-only Pokémon in base SwSh. (Although those entries actually are readable now... in HOME, as of the latest version update.)

Last edited by a moderator:
if they want to do something for the anniversary, then it has to be something feasible - i.e. another Gen 8 game (and what else could that realistically be other than DP remakes?)

I don't know how feasible it is, but I do think that there is a slim (and I stress slim) possibility that they make another multi-region game for the anniversary (possibly even a game with all four 'Japan' regions considering that's what the space world demo attempted, I think). While I am on the gen4 remake bandwagon, I just have this feeling that it's not going to be as straight-forward as that. But, of course, there would be no way of predicting something like that.

For the record, I'm not really a proponent of a game with all four first gens; it's just the only alternative I can think of.

Pretty sure you're missing 15 Pokemon in that Gen 4 count, I count 58.
Shinx, Luxio Luxray, Budew, Roserade, Combee, Vespiqueen, Mothin, Cherubi, Shellos, Gastrodon, Drifloon, Driftblim, Buneary, Lopunny, Stunky, Skuntank, Bronzong, Bronzor, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Happiny, Spiritomb, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Munchlax, Riolu, Lucario, Skorupi, Drapion, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Mantyke, Snover, Abomasnow, Weavile, Magnezone, Hippopotas, Hippowdown, Leafeon, Glaceon, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rotom, Dialga, Palkia, Regigas, Giratina, Cresselia

I still personally don't think the dex portion is much evidence one way or the other, since Game Freak probably focused more on matching the environment and game balance than they did making SwSh a compliment to DPRemakes, whether or not they planned them by then, but since you're factoring it into your own theories, just a heads up about the count.
I counted all the missing ones, actually. :)

Neither Regigigas nor Keldeo get new entries either, despite not being encountered through DA.
They’re not part of the CT Dex even though their corresponding trios are, and they didn’t even get new unreadable entries like the 35 transfer-only Pokémon in base SwSh. (Although those entries actually are readable now... in HOME, as of the latest version update.)

Small correction on the Dex part

Keldeo does have a dex entry viewable in Home due to being the original 35 transfer-only Pokemon.

The ones missing entries are:
- the Beasts & Ho-Oh/Lugia
- Hoenn starters, Lati@s, & Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza
- Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, Regigigas, Heatran, & Cresselia
- Victini, Forces of Nature, Genesect
- Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde, Diancie, Volcanion
- Tapus, UBs, and Magearna

Besides, the only things from Let's Go I want in the Sinnoh remakes are the graphics and art style. I expect the games to look like Let's Go, but play like a traditional Pokemon game.

I prefer Sworld/Swield graphics and art style. Not that the graphics and the art style of Let's Go are bad, but they appear a little generic for me.
Except Sinnoh was not made for Sword and Shield graphics and it runs the risk of making the region unrecognizable.

Except Sinnoh was not made for Sword and Shield graphics and it runs the risk of making the region unrecognizable.

How so? They managed to update Hoenn just fine from 2D to 3D, I mean it'll be a bigger challenge going from 2D to Sword and Shield graphics certainly but I'm sure they'll try to keep Sinnoh as intact as they possibly can.

I think it would be great to have Sinnoh to be in Sword and Shield's art style since one thing I want them to do is to make Mt. Coronet so tall that you can't even see the top of it from a distance due to the screen covering it, this would bring in a sense of mystery and curiosity to the player. It would tie in nicely with the Spear Pillar and possibly even the Hall of Origin being at the very top.

I believe that sinnoh will have its own art style, but the graphics will be more closer to Sword and Shield than Let's Go.

Other than free camera control in the Wild Area/DLC, SwSh’s graphics aren’t some radical new concept that defies all previous conventions in the series. It’s just a different fixed camera angle and a more realistic scale, lol. You can still slap four buildings in a square formation with some snow and a pond and call it Twinleaf, and as long the textures are faithful to the colors of the original spritework, it’s still gonna be the same place.

At worst, everything will just feel kinda square-ish rather than having Galar’s more naturalistic layout, but we lived through that with ORAS Hoenn compared to Kalos, too.

I don't see what's wrong with Sinnoh not being top down. As long as the route layout stays more or less the same it should be fine.
That's what I think, too. If the layout is more or less the same, how can you not call it the same region? It's just a different PoV, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom