• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Streamlining certain things like getting rid of HMs is good, but I prefer that only certain things are simplified, like allowing you to access your PC box pretty much anywhere is a good feature, so needing to go to a Pokemon Center to access your PC isn't a bother anymore. Everything else like wild battles needs to stay the same in a traditional style.
I was just about to say the same thing. There were certain “simplified” aspects in LGPE (these two things in particular), that were actually great improvements overall.

Something tells me, unfortunately, that these QoL simplifications aren’t really what the leaker is referring to, though. It sounds like more of a gameplay change, which doesn’t excite me.

I was just about to say the same thing. There were certain “simplified” aspects in LGPE (these two things in particular), that were actually great improvements overall.

Something tells me, unfortunately, that these QoL simplifications aren’t really what the leaker is referring to, though. It sounds like more of a gameplay change, which doesn’t excite me.

:lapras: ???

This certain “simplified” aspects were kept in Pokémon Sword and Shield. Then, I think that is extremely probably that the leaker was not referring to this "simplifications", but for those that, instead, were not ported to SwSh.

:lapras: ???

This certain “simplified” aspects were kept in Pokémon Sword and Shield. Then, I think that is extremely probably that the leaker was not referring to this "simplifications", but for those that, instead, were not ported to SwSh.
I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing with here as I really never said anything to the contrary.

I'd imagine they'll keep the Move Reminder the way it was in Sword and Shield as part of the simplifying process so that they are still in every Pokemon Center which, in my opinion, is great because it makes getting the moves you want on your team so much easier especially for ones that evolve via an evolutionary stone.

Speaking of evolution methods in Sword and Shield since they changed how to get Leafeon and Glaceon to stone evolution as I wonder if they could possibly change more Pokemon's evolution method like say Inkay's, maybe even Accelgor and Escavlier?

I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing with here as I really never said anything to the contrary.

I wasn't disagreeing, just giving context to the "something tells me". Namely, the obvious fact that these "simplified aspects" are already implemented in the actual "main line" game.

Speaking of evolution methods in Sword and Shield since they changed how to get Leafeon and Glaceon to stone evolution as I wonder if they could possibly change more Pokemon's evolution method like say Inkay's, maybe even Accelgor and Escavlier?
I don't think that Accelgor and Escavlier will ever have their methods changed. Trade evos have stuck around since Gen 1 and just expanded since then, with only Gen 3, 7, and 8 not introducing a new trade evo, while location-based evos were only done in Gen 4 and then one more time in Gen 7. Plus, the removal really seemed to be more about making things easier on the developers rather than on the player- they wouldn't have to make a point of making a location for each evolution and update the evolution method to include the location, the stone evolutions would just stay the same for each generation. Inkay's is probably going to be updated, since it has to, but I don't think any evolution method is going to be updated unless keeping it the same also involves some work.

Vague hint or not, if it's real, it's very bad news. More simplification is the last thing this series needs right now and nothing LGPE simplified was beneficial.

I know its not what the tweet meant, but SwSh did have some simplifications that I feel were needed. Things like the removal of redundant and/or useless moves are potentially good things and there's probably more culling that could be done.

But when I think about "simplified", I just think of it in the sense that there aren't any flashy battle mechanics that hold the game up. So, in my mind, Platinum is "simpler" than Sword and Shield, so a simpler gameplay could just mean a game without Dynamax or Z moves

But when I think about "simplified", I just think of it in the sense that there aren't any flashy battle mechanics that hold the game up. So, in my mind, Platinum is "simpler" than Sword and Shield, so a simpler gameplay could just mean a game without Dynamax or Z moves
So it's 50/50 on whether the "simplification" is good or bad.

By the way, this got me thinking, are they finally realizing trade evolutions are more or less a disliked mechanic?
Man, I hope so. I mean, why couldn't they just make it so Feebas evolves by leveling up while holding a Prism Scale instead of making it's evolution being a trade evolution by holding said item? Milotic isn't even that valuable anymore considering you can just find one in the Wild Area.

Man, I hope so. I mean, why couldn't they just make it so Feebas evolves by leveling up while holding a Prism Scale instead of making it's evolution being a trade evolution by holding said item? Milotic isn't even that valuable anymore considering you can just find one in the Wild Area.

This could be said of most of the item + trade evolutions and I would agree. Trade evolutions should be removed. They've proved they no longer care about retconning evolutions when they made Eevee evolve into leafeon with a leaf stone, so they should go back and re-work them.

Just out of curiosity, which moves are you referring to that we’re redundant?

Meditate. Most pokemon that benefit from it also learn Bulk Up.

Bestow. It doesn't really have an advantage over Trick or Switcheroo that I know of and I'm not really sure why the latter two can't be combined.

Refresh is also pretty redundant compared to Heal Bell and I feel like Aromatherapy only exists for flavor text reasons.

Barrier is pretty redundant too. Very few pokemon learn it and some of the pokemon that did also learned a different defense boosting move as well (Tentacruel learns Acid Armor and Magnezone learns Iron Defense)

Grasswhistle; some pokemon that learned it also learned sleep powder and most of the ones that don't should probably learn sleep powder such as Chikorita and Cottonee. I guess its only advantage is that it can be used on grass types?

Twineedle is a worse Pin Missile. Twin Needle has a chance to poison, but I don't think that's enough to justify both existing especially since its just a early game move anyway.

I also consider Magnitude and Psywave redundant since they don't have any secondary effects compared to other moves of the same type. Magnitude use to be somewhat useful before Bulldoze was created, but Psywave was always redundant.

I could probably make a case for a few more, but these are the top ones and the others also kind of fall into the 'useless' territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom