• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it returns as well given it made grinding more tolerable. I just hope they don't change it to daily because that would make grinding worse. This is if Max Raid battles stay exclusive to Sw/Sh.

Yeah, I loved the Vs. Seeker from FireRed. Best way to rebattle trainers in Kanto. Though, I haven't really used it in Sinnoh. Then again, with the whole party leveling up since X and Y, maybe there should be tougher limits like a longer charge time and higher chances for people you had just battled to not want a battle.

Then again, with the whole party leveling up since X and Y, maybe there should be tougher limits like a longer charge time and higher chances for people you had just battled to not want a battle.
Having to wait was annoying as is--I wouldn't want to have to wait even longer, especially since the "whole party leveling up since X and Y" thing isn't a problem if you turn off the exp share.

Edit: Even if our hypothetical DPPt remakes have a permanent exp share like SwSh, I still wouldn't want extended times for the VS. Seeker because using it is completely optional and the player themselves can wait to battle.

Last edited:
What's stopping someone from grinding to level 100 as soon as they get the Vs. Seeker?
Why would you need to stop them? If that's the way someone wants to play the game, there's nothing wrong with that. Although I think it would be way too repetitive for anyone to actually go through with it.

Team Battles would be interesting in the remakes. I seen Team Battles in the XY anime and I thought to myself, why can't they include that in the main games.

I guess you said it better than I did...
Same thought, I just used more words lol.

This actually just reminded me of an instance in Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team relatively at the beginning of the game where Snubbull asks you what rescue team rank you have. You can reply with "nothing big" (to which Snubbull will reply something along the lines of "You surely don't seem like you carry a high rank") or with "gold rank" (to which the answer will be something like "Why are you lying, you're clearly a nobody"). The gag is that – even though it takes really, really long – you can grind until you actually reach the gold rank, but the dialogue still won't change because apparently the developers thought it would be absurd for anyone to actually go through the hazzle of reaching the gold rank from just "E" missions, so why even program an alternative dialogue option into game.

I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make, I just thought it's an interesting anecdote to share. I guess if players really want to waste their time, you might as well just let them lol.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much use the VS seeker will be if the game provides a way to get lots of EXP candy like in SwSh. But I like the VS seeker because it is nice to see other trainers around you getting stronger. Actually, the VS seeker is probably more useful for ginding money than it is for getting experience.

Why would you need to stop them? If that's the way someone wants to play the game, there's nothing wrong with that. Although I think it would be way too repetitive for anyone to actually go through with it.

Not level 100, but the first time I played X/Y I grinded to about level 70 at the Battle Chateau because I wanted to see if I could purchase the Team Flare outfit. Which kind of goes in line with your anecdote about Mystery Dungeon.

Pokemon has never been a really grindy game to me, which is why I like it when I hate most other Turn-Based RPGs.

Did you not play Gen 1 & 2? Grindy as anything. Not just on the exp front but eggs in Gen 2 are such a massive grind too!

Did you not play Gen 1 & 2? Grindy as anything. Not just on the exp front but eggs in Gen 2 are such a massive grind too!
To be fair, gen 2 was really only grindy when it came to the post game. Gen 1 was a grindfest though, especially in Yellow where every gym leader got hella buffed.

I'm leaning towards the games being incompatible directly. Wouldn't surprise me because of the Dex cut, and it being an easier option instead of having to code a list of what can or can't be traded.

Would also give more usage to Home since we'd have to use it to transfer Pokemon between SwSh and DP remakes if they went that route.
Personally I'd like for there to be direct-compatability myself, but I get the feeling they might go for them being incompatible because of Dex cut, and I really hope it doesn't turn out to be that.
The Dex cut didn’t cause them to gimp the non-DLC versions of Sword and Shield. I simply expect them to release a quiet patch for sword and shield games.
Have they ever gone back and updated a previous main series entry after a new one came out? If not, I think it’s pretty clear that they won’t be starting with SwSh.
The thing is... "Have they ever..." argument is absolutely crushed now. Specially since they updated the games for people who didn’t pay for the DLC. I expect a similar case for the remakes going forward. None of the entries had Dexit as a factor too before, and they’re clearly interested in patching them back, as shown by the DLC

The thing is... "Have they ever..." argument is absolutely crushed now. Specially since they updated the games for people who didn’t pay for the DLC. I expect a similar case for the remakes going forward. None of the entries had Dexit as a factor too before, and they’re clearly interested in patching them back, as shown by the DLC
I’m really just trying to remain cautious. They stated that there wouldn’t be another game with every Pokémon in it ever again, and I see no reason to believe they would go back on that. The DLC isn’t really an indicator of whether or not they will go back and patch a former game in the series, which they’ve never done before.

I’m really just trying to remain cautious. They stated that there wouldn’t be another game with every Pokémon in it ever again, and I see no reason to believe they would go back on that. The DLC isn’t really an indicator of whether or not they will go back and patch a former game in the series, which they’ve never done before.

The PR disaster with Dexit is a very good reason for them to go back on it. So many people cancelled their pre-orders and Pokémon Home has been called Pokémon Prison. People have exposed their excuses. I think the DLC was actually Game Freak going back on it. I never bought Pokémon Home because I don't move my Pokémon up generations. I just want the National Pokédex listing to be available to view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom