• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the game fills the Pokédex for you, the extra requirement is non-existent. Especially if Cyrus catches the opposite version's box legendary and if Manaphy shows up at Lake Verity when Mesprit flies away and all the Sinnoh Legendary encounters are forced on you before the Elite Four so that you won't need to find some book to register the last one after the Hall of Fame in order to get the National Dex upgrade. If we want the National Dex as soon as we beat the League and we like the complete Sinnoh Dex, this is the best solution. Just go straight to Professor Rowan's lab after the credits and he'll see your complete Sinnoh Dex then Professor Oak shows up to upgrade your Pokédex.

You know what would be fitting for an announcement trailer? Showing gameplay of the original Diamond and Pearl, then Palkia suddenly rips a hole in the center of the touch screen while Dialga does the same to the top screen. The transition then zooms to where they are headed, which is the Switch.

You know what would be fitting for an announcement trailer? Showing gameplay of the original Diamond and Pearl, then Palkia suddenly rips a hole in the center of the touch screen while Dialga does the same to the top screen. The transition then zooms to where they are headed, which is the Switch.
Kinda made me think of how ORAS began. I sincerely would like something like this.

I hope, in regards to the dex discussions, that it follows the Platinum one more so. Waiting til post game to get the “new” evolutions is not fun.
I also hope it follows the ORAS of standard dex up to a point, then due to “change in climate” new Pokémon find their way into the routes. I like the concept of the “new” Pokémon finding their way into a region.

I also think it would be quite cool to have some Sinnoh forms, as a way to spice the available Pokémon up. A new “area” off the coast of Sunnyshore would be a great place to add a couple of previously undiscovered.

I hope the Cresellia and Darkrai arcs are within the main story, post game event for Arceus and Giratina.

The chances of us actually having a National Dex in DP remakes isn't very likely, let's be real. The closest I can see them doing is what they did with the SwSh DLC, where you had the main Galar Dex, and then an ~updated~ dex when you go to the DLC areas. It'd probably be base Sinnoh Dex, and then Sinnoh Dex plus post game legendaries and some fan faves from Gens 5-8 in the ~updated~ dex.

I could see them potentially including all 493 Pokemon that were in Diamond and Pearl, plus a few from the later generations. It would feel strange if there were Pokemon you could get in the original Diamond and Pearl, but not in the remakes (especially if there was a reward for transferring Pokemon from the original games, like there was in ORAS).

I could see them potentially including all 493 Pokemon that were in Diamond and Pearl, plus a few from the later generations. It would feel strange if there were Pokemon you could get in the original Diamond and Pearl, but not in the remakes (especially if there was a reward for transferring Pokemon from the original games, like there was in ORAS).
Yeah this is what I meant haha.

In regards to the amount of available Pokémon, I doubt they'll give us the entire National Dex. However, I also think there's a 50/50 chance of them not removing the available SwSh Pokémon from the code if only for a few business-related reasons:
  1. The primary reason is that constantly removing and forcing each pair of Pokémon games to have a separate roster sounds like more work than necessary. The amount of time doing something like that could easily go into improving other portions of the game instead.
  2. Unless most of the reasons behind Dexit end up holding true for the Sinnoh remakes, the removal of the now-available roster of Pokémon just to keep their statement about Dexit being permanent will be taken as proof of Dexit mainly existing in order to milk Pokémon Home. Every other point regarding Dexit has been analyzed to heck and back, at least partially debunking most of their claims for it happening. The one thing that holds up about Dexit is the time constraints Game Freak are under, whether self-imposed or enforced by the rest of TPCi, which is evident to a good portion of those who've seen the prototype versions of SwSh. This might be okay for a handful of individuals, but it'll probably kill more potential Pokémon Home sales and possibly affect the sales of the Sinnoh remakes as well. Such a move could also kill more sales for future Pokémon games.

1. How will the SInnoh Region change? In ORAS, we saw overhauls of the region, such as a completely revamped Mauville City. Will we see something similar with any cities in Sinnoh? How will Gen VIII additions such as Dynamax affect Sinnoh? Will we gain areas that have free roaming cameras like the Wild Area?
Obviously we know they're gonna choose to be lazy when it comes to Veilstone's Game Corner unfortunatley...

I don't think they're going to go too crazy with redesigning the region, they're usually pretty faithful to the original design. We might see one or two new areas that replicate the Wild Area like the Great Marsh, but that's it. I do think the rest of the game will have free roaming camera though, they experimented with that in IoA/CT and I think they're ready to integrate that into the entire game. As for Dynamax, they'll probably do something entirely new to integrate it into Sinnoh. Maybe tie it into Sinnoh Underground.

2. Pokemon Contests. We do know that Sinnoh does have Pokemon Contests. Will they make changes to these?

I don't think too much will be different, it'll probably be a lot like ORAS' contests.

3. The Sinnoh Underground. Will they reduce it to an NPC that can dig up stuff or will we still be able to go underground to explore while digging up stuff.

They could be lazy and just have the digging duo, but as I mentioned above, the Underground would be a great way to tie in Dynamax. Maybe they could have Pokemon Dens underground for Max Raid Battles.

4. As many know, Sinnoh had the most required HM's out of any region, so how will they adjust for a modern HM-less era of Pokemon?

Well HMs are certainly gone, we know that much. The bigger question is what happens to the field obstacles? I'm 50/50 on most of them just being removed completely or keeping them with some Poke Ride/Secret Techniques mechanic. I hope it's the latter (remove Defog though. Fog is such a pointless and irritating mechanic), but IDK. They unfortunately probably will at least tone the field obstacles because casuals, but IDK if they'll be gone completely.

5. What new additions will the DP remakes see?

There's definitely going to be something new and unexpected, there always is. FRLG had the Sevii Islands. HGSS had Pokemon following you and the Pokeathlon. ORAS had the Dexnav, Soaring, and Mirage Spots. There's definitely going to be some kind of mechanic that no one is going to see coming.

Beyond the vague "expect the unexpected" answer and the aforementioned changes to the Underground though, I do think we'll see Sinnoh forms. SwSh pretty much proves regional variants are here to stay and they love finding ways to include new Pokemon or forms in the game for marketing purposes (we did get new Megas in ORAS after all, so there's definitely precedent), so I think we'll definitely see Sinnoh get its own regional variants. The bigger question is, would they be in the main game or post game? I'd like to see them in the main game for once, the older dexes could certainly use the extra variety and it would help make the game feel more fresh, but unfortunately Game Freak doesn't seem to feel the same way as the main game availability tends to stick religiously to the originals, save for a handful of cross gen evos. So sadly we might see them relegated to the post game.

6. Will they keep post game areas like the resort? We know they seem to have a thing against the Battle Frontier in recent years unfortunately.

If they don't, this is an instant no-sale for me. The large post game and large amount of post game areas to explore is a large part of why I liked DPPt so much, if they can't fit that in, the games are going to be significantly worse than the originals.

7. Will they continue to explore the multiverse like Gen VI and Gen VII did?

Considering it's an easy cop out for retcons and time, space, and alternate dimensions are an integral part of Sinnoh's lore and theme, definitely.

Battle Frontier was boring. Yay, I get to battle a second elite four but now with special conditions.

Well, if they don't have the National Dex, but they would still include all the Pokémon from the first four generations because they were in the original Diamond and Pearl, and they kept the Sword and Shield Pokémon for compatibility reasons, the only Pokémon left would be Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Patrat, Watchog, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour, Blitzle, Zebstrika, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Ducklett, Swanna, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Alomomola, Tynamo, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Meloetta, Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja, Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon, Litleo, Pyroar, Flabébé, Floette, Florges, Skiddo, Gogoat, Furfrou, Hoopa, Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Crabrawler, Crabominable, Oricorio, Minior, Komala and Bruxish. That would be 63 Pokémon. They'd might as well work hard to put them all in. If there's time constraints, we can handle a few glitches before they patch them.

Alright guys, an old Pokemon Direct has been removed from the Nintendo Direct archive. But, don't expect the DP remakes to be announced in the first two months of the year since they are remakes after all, which have always been announced during the May-June timeframe. I say expect spin-off stuff with maybe some Pokemon Home update or addition.

I'm not sure if past years will be any indicator. With this year being the anniversary, I assume they will want to announce something new for Pokemon Day and not just talk about stuff we already know (like Snap and Detective Pikachu 2). Although, the announcement could be for something that releases earlier in the year with a announcement for remakes after that releases.

However, it's my personal belief that they won't keep any surprise secrets after Pokemon Day. If there are remakes, my guess is they will reveal the titles/logos and nothing else.

Well, if we can get out of this pandemic lockdown, E3 should be fine. If not, well they should be prepared to go online like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom