• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will 100% announce their full slate of 2021 releases by/on Pokémon Day, in order to hype up the anniversary year. They won’t show anything beyond the titles/logos for a remake game I think, but they want people talking about Pokémon and its anniversary... a game announcement is the best way.

Yeah the chances of them not announcing anything big on Pokémon day of their 25th anniversary is incredibly slim.

I'm just trying to keep the hype in check, because you know how we were all trolled by the Mystery Dungeon remake announcement by our own hype.

Er, what? People felt trolled by that announcement? I don't really recall seeing that many people being disappointed. I was pretty excited that PMD wasn't dead, for now at least.
It was all because of them showing 2006 right in the center of the screen.

A thought just occured to me. Is it likely that DP remakes would add new admins. The namving conventions of them does leave room for such (Mercury, Venus, Uranus, and Neptune are unaccounted for, amybe Earth as well)

It was all because of them showing 2006 right in the center of the screen.
I don't think I noticed that, nor do I recall discussion about that either. That's not to say people were expecting DPPt remakes and were disappointed when it was PMD instead, but saying that "you know how we were all trolled by the Mystery Dungeon remake announcement by our own hype" as if everyone was on the same page strikes me as you extrapolating your own disappointment to the fandom.

Edit: That being said, there's nothing wrong with being conservative with your excitement.
A thought just occured to me. Is it likely that DP remakes would add new admins. The namving conventions of them does leave room for such (Mercury, Venus, Uranus, and Neptune are unaccounted for, amybe Earth as well)
To my knowledge, ORAS didn't added any new admins, and HGSS adapted its executives from the original GSC story, cutting one out apparently. I don't think DP remakes will add new admins because I don't see a reason for them to. Maaaaybe we'll see new admins in the postgame, or some higher ranking grunts, but I don't think that will be the case.

Last edited:
I'm just trying to keep the hype in check, because you know how we were all trolled by the Mystery Dungeon remake announcement by our own hype.
I don't know what you're talking about. The Mystery Dungeon remake announcement was the hype-est thing ever.

I'd say it was the Pokemon Unite announcement that trolled us the most. It got a great deal of backlash from fans who were expecting a remake of Sinnoh or Johto, and I personally felt really let down by it. The Mystery Dungeon announcement had a much warmer reception, if I remember correctly.

(...)
To my knowledge, ORAS didn't added any new admins, and HGSS adapted its executives from the original GSC story, cutting one out apparently. I don't think DP remakes will add new admins because I don't see a reason for them to. Maaaaybe we'll see new admins in the postgame, or some higher ranking grunts, but I don't think that will be the case.

While I can see the appearence of new admns., depending on how far is GF willing to go with the "remaking" (just how Cheren was included in Pt) and I would certainly like to see an insurrection from some new admns. faction against Cyrus plans), I don't expect Team Galactic to be turned into a Sailor Moon cast.

Well, at least the good thing about online videos is that you can skip ahead to what you want to see and YouTube has a preview image for the parts you skip to.

Anyway, if those Diamond and Pearl remakes have the National Dex, and you need to see every Pokémon from the Sinnoh Dex to earn it like Gen 4, but the regional Dex has expanded to include all the Sinnoh legendaries and mythicals that didn't make it to Platinum's Pokédex, how do you think Heatran should be obtained?

A. Should the player visit the Battle Zone after the seventh badge but keep the southeastern portion post-game while clearing a path from the ferry in the Fight Area to Heatran's room in Stark Mountain?
B. Have a trainer with a Heatran in his party battle you at some point?
C. Move Heatran to another location in Sinnoh while its original residence in Stark Mountain would be taken by another Pokémon like Victini, Moltres, Entei or Groudon?
D. Make Heatran the Pokémon you need to look for the picture for after the Hall of Fame just like Palkia in Diamond, Dialga in Pearl and Manaphy in Platinum.

Shaymin's got a similar problem with the Flower Paradise being past the post-League section of Victory Road.

The Mystery Dungeon announcement was by far the best thing about that Pokémon Direct. I also thought it was very charming and well-made, starting just with the text box. Although yes, I guess for around one or two seconds people may have thought it was referring to the other set of 2006 Pokémon games.

Well, at least the good thing about online videos is that you can skip ahead to what you want to see and YouTube has a preview image for the parts you skip to.

Anyway, if those Diamond and Pearl remakes have the National Dex, and you need to see every Pokémon from the Sinnoh Dex to earn it like Gen 4, but the regional Dex has expanded to include all the Sinnoh legendaries and mythicals that didn't make it to Platinum's Pokédex, how do you think Heatran should be obtained?

A. Should the player visit the Battle Zone after the seventh badge but keep the southeastern portion post-game while clearing a path from the ferry in the Fight Area to Heatran's room in Stark Mountain?
B. Have a trainer with a Heatran in his party battle you at some point?
C. Move Heatran to another location in Sinnoh while its original residence in Stark Mountain would be taken by another Pokémon like Victini, Moltres, Entei or Groudon?
D. Make Heatran the Pokémon you need to look for the picture for after the Hall of Fame just like Palkia in Diamond, Dialga in Pearl and Manaphy in Platinum.

Shaymin's got a similar problem with the Flower Paradise being past the post-League section of Victory Road.

In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, you don't need to catch Rayquaza, Jirachi or Deoxys to get the Hoenn Pokedex diploma, despite the fact that two of those Pokemon can be caught without events. They could do something similar in Sinnoh - make it so that the player only needs to see all the Pokemon up to Dialga and Palkia (assuming the Pokedex listing is changed to put all legendaries at the end) and make the remaining legendaries optional.

Speaking of PMD, I think it would be cool if they put an Explorers reference in Explorers. It doesn't have to be anything major; it could be as simple as having a random trainer who owns a Chatot and a Wigglytuff.

In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, you don't need to catch Rayquaza, Jirachi or Deoxys to get the Hoenn Pokedex diploma, despite the fact that two of those Pokemon can be caught without events. They could do something similar in Sinnoh - make it so that the player only needs to see all the Pokemon up to Dialga and Palkia (assuming the Pokedex listing is changed to put all legendaries at the end) and make the remaining legendaries optional.
No, I didn't put making it optional a choice because I really wanted a full Sinnoh Dex that makes you start with a National Dex that has all Sinnoh Pokémon from Turtwig to Arceus seen. Also, if you just have to fill it up to Palkia from the Diamond and Pearl Pokédex, that would mean evolutions like Electivire and Rhyperior would be missed. I want all the Platinum Pokémon to be required. And Platinum even had you look for a picture of Manaphy, the Mythical Pokémon that was optional in Diamond and Pearl's Pokédex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom