• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of depressing how this news has been received. An announcement of a remake usually generates a large amount of excitement, yet everywhere i'm seeing people are wondering how gamefreak will ruin it. They have burnt a lot of good will lately, but they also have a chance to win back a lot of gamers. Hopefully these games are good.

Last edited:
It's kind of depressing how this news has been received. An announcement of a remake usually generates a large amount of excitement, yet everywhere i'm seeing people are wondering how gamefreak will ruin it. They have burnt a lot of good will lately, but they also have a chance to win back a lot of gamers. Hopefully these games are good.
Rumors and domain reservations aren’t exactly the announcements that create a whole lot of excitement. An official announcement will obviously generate a ton of hype.

Rumors and domain reservations aren’t exactly the announcements that create a whole lot of excitement. An official announcement will obviously generate a ton of hype.

True. I;m sure actual footage will dictate the discourse around this game. I just hope it's good because I really really want to buy this game.

When it comes to credible people leaking this, like Centro and KeliosFR, I think its highly likely that we are indeed gonna get Sinnoh remakes. I'm just hoping they can keep what the original did great while giving us some great new content.

I think some of my honest hopes for Sinnoh remakes are...
-Sinnoh variants, especially to solve Sinnoh's lack of Fire types.
-Just doing SOMETHING with the Veilstone Game Corner instead of throwing a screw you in our faces by leaving the building with a closed sign.
-The Distortion World as a post game area and a brief story involving Giratina, similar to how ORAS handled Rayquaza.
-Keeping stuff such as the Resort Area and maybe adding the villa.
-Keeping the Sinnoh Underground as the maze it was with traps and a digging minigame.
-Some customization. They've had it in 5 of the last 6 games. It would kinda be a backstep if they didn't give us some customization.

February would be quite early to reveal remakes, but if it's true, I don't think I mind.

Unfortunately, I haven't been excited for a release since USUM so I'm really going to wait and see. If DP remakes is anything like SwSh, they can honestly keep it lmfao. Also Centro has been hinting at DP remakes for the longest time ever. They seem like clout chasers to me so I'd really take their "confirmation" with a pinch of salt.

Unlikely, but it would be an original thing Pokemon can do.

I'd honestly prefer if it would be more in the style of Chronicles with an evil team (not Rainbow Rocket) chasing legendaries and some protagonists.
That said, I'm betting it'll be Go (anime character) just throwing Pkballs at different legendaries.

As for the remakes...:sleep:

How likely is tying the Distortion world with Dynamax? Even in SwSh, the color scheme used for dynamaxing is similar to DW. So it got me thinking if Dynamax returns will Sinnoh's myths be slightly changed to fit the mechanic just like in ORAS.

We're never going to have good polished content filled games again with such short development periods. 3D games require much more time and resources yet GF are still developing like it's the 2D era. DP's release was pushed back by a year and it still had some gameplay issues which had to be fixed in Platinum.

There is no way the Sinnoh remakes are going to be as comprehensive and feature filled as the originals, there will be quite a few cut-backs trust me. Recreating Sinnoh fully in 3D itself will be a big task with the likely short development time they will have given themselves. Keep expectations low is all I will say.

How likely is tying the Distortion world with Dynamax? Even in SwSh, the color scheme used for dynamaxing is similar to DW. So it got me thinking if Dynamax returns will Sinnoh's myths be slightly changed to fit the mechanic just like in ORAS.
Fat chance the Distortion World will in the game. Dynamax will probably be shoehorned in another contrived manner.

Last edited:
I’ll buy the game rega
-Just doing SOMETHING with the Veilstone Game Corner instead of throwing a screw you in our faces by leaving the building with a closed sign.
Didn't they turn it into an arcade in LGPE?
Watch it be a sitcom starring the various Legendary and Mythical Pokémon introduced throughout the years.
Dammit, Game Freak! Stop stealing my fanfic ideas!

Didn't they turn it into an arcade in LGPE?

Yeah, but not with any kind of minigames like the original Game Corner - the "arcade" is essentially just set dressing since that location is pretty crucial to the plot by virtue of being the front for Team Rocket's hideout. I honestly don't think there's much of a material difference between doing that and doing what ORAS did, which was just one part of a larger overhaul of Mauville City in its entirety. Like, if you 1:1 it, this is how it stacks up:

- LGPE changes nothing about the Game Corner other than removing the minigames, so it is basically just the same as any other building you can enter and talk to some NPCs in

- ORAS scraps the facility entirely aside from a mournful nod, but as part of the Mauville renovation, adds several other new enterable areas with regular NPCs (Crooner's Café, TV Mauville, the roof section), which is exactly what the Game Corner would have become under the LGPE approach anyway

Last edited:
Just expect a tease since they don't really show the gameplay of remakes on Pokemon Day. I hope they show us the box arts because I hated the fact that it took forever for them to show Sun and Moon's box arts, being able to know what the possible new forms for Dialga and Palkia would be great because they are enough to give something new to speculate about. I don't expect them to show the gameplay, but I want to see the box arts.

I don't think this has been addressed here yet but I'm just curious to see the covers that'll be used for the remakes since SwSh's are awful.

Though it's unlikely they'll include it since ORAS didn't have it I hope they'll include character customization to set it apart a tiny bit from the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom