• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting a pokemon day direct, logo-drop style reveal, in the same vein as Sun/Moon. Mainly because with this being a remake, we normally wouldn't see it till may-june. An early reveal lets them celebrate the anniversary while still keeping to that remake/third version marketing schedule.

Unless the early reveal is because they feel like the game has enough content to warrant a longer pre-release cycle (eg sinnoh-regional variants or something).

Pretty excited for this. I only hope that this isn't just a retread of the new content additions we got in ORAS and they do some weird/fresh/exciting things. I don't want a "Distortion World Episode" ,etc.

Though it's unlikely they'll include it since ORAS didn't have it I hope they'll include character customization to set it apart a tiny bit from the originals.
They did include a form of customization in LGPE: while there weren't any shops, you could obtain outfits from NPCs and change with a specific key item if I remember correctly. So I have some hope that we may see system that at least is somewhat like that.

Expect Cynthia to be a piece of cake.

I mean, yeah, you better bet your ass I'm picking up a Froslass first opportunity I get.

I'm not going back there! No, no! I just recovered, I'm not going through it again!

Expect Cynthia to be a piece of cake.
I actually don't think this will be the case. Despite SwSh's easiness, Leon was still relatively tough, especially for my "worse-off" team (Unfezent, Shedinja, etc.), even though the rest of the game was a walk in the park. Leon appeared to be scaled to the exp. share, having Pokémon roughly around the same levels as mine. I also think they might've had good EVs and/or IVs, however, I don't know for certain. So, really, expect the game to be easy but with a Cynthia curveball at the end.

I think I read somewhere that Leon's team is actually competitively viable relatively speaking.

I will tell you that it took me three shots to take down Leon and even at level 70 (8 to 5 levels above him) he still downed 5 of my 6 Pokemon.

I actually don't think this will be the case. Despite SwSh's easiness, Leon was still relatively tough, especially for my "worse-off" team (Unfezent, Shedinja, etc.), even though the rest of the game was a walk in the park. Leon appeared to be scaled to the exp. share, having Pokémon roughly around the same levels as mine. I also think they might've had good EVs and/or IVs, however, I don't know for certain. So, really, expect the game to be easy but with a Cynthia curveball at the end.

He was kinda easy for me maybe because of EXP Candy. But I think he dud give me a run for my money.

My absolute dream is that they replace the Veilstone Slots with a Pinball mini-game. (I really love the Pokemon Pinball games, but a new entry sounds very unlikely) It doesn't have to be as elaborate; I just want Pokemon themed Pinball.
I really think they need to do this instead of scrapping Game Corners entirely, or leaving the building in as a big screw you to the fans. They really need to instead of just not having Game Corners because of Europe's stricter gambling rule.

If they add dynamax to this game, then those games are already ruined for me. Dynamax doesn't fit in sinnoh at all. The gyms would have to be completely redesigned and ruined for it to be in the game and it's a feature that no one likes. Seriously, bring back Megas and forget this terrible gimmick every existed and I'll forgive you gamefreak.

I would love it if the Veilstone Game Corner returned with minigames. It would be so funny if it was pinball considering pinball's origins before they added the flippers. Though, maybe it would be better if it was an arcade instead with more creative minigames. They can even make the return of Voltorb Flip referencing HeartGold and SoulSilver releasing in the same generation.

If they add dynamax to this game, then those games are already ruined for me. Dynamax doesn't fit in sinnoh at all. The gyms would have to be completely redesigned and ruined for it to be in the game and it's a feature that no one likes. Seriously, bring back Megas and forget this terrible gimmick every existed and I'll forgive you gamefreak.
Woah, who says that there aren't people who like Dynamax. Besides, who said that Gyms would have to be redesigned? Who says they can't just add a second part of the gym to fit the dynamax Pokemon? And for the fact that Dynamax doesn't fit Sinnoh at all, you can't say that as the possible games aren't out. To give a reason for Dynamax being possible in Sinnoh, they could just state that Team Galactic posing as an energy company like Macro Cosmos installing the power spots or devices that act like that. Having wild Dynamax pokemon running around making chaos occupying anyone who could have stopped you seems like a good idea to me.

Last edited:
Woah, who says that there aren't people who like Dynamax. Besides, who said that Gyms would have to be redesigned? Who says they can't just add a second part of the gym to fit the dynamax Pokemon? And for the fact that Dynamax doesn't fit Sinnoh at all, you can't say that as the possible games aren't out. To give a reason for Dynamax being possible in Sinnoh, they could just state that Team Galactic posing as an energy company cough Macro Cosmos cough installing the power spots or devices that act like that. Having wild Dynamax pokemon running around making chaos occupying anyone who could have stopped you seems like a good idea to me.
Not everyone likes Z Moves, Mega evolutions, Battle frontier, etc.

Last edited:
We're never going to have good polished content filled games again with such short development periods. 3D games require much more time and resources yet GF are still developing like it's the 2D era. DP's release was pushed back by a year and it still had some gameplay issues which had to be fixed in Platinum.

There is no way the Sinnoh remakes are going to be as comprehensive and feature filled as the originals, there will be quite a few cut-backs trust me. Recreating Sinnoh fully in 3D itself will be a big task with the likely short development time they will have given themselves. Keep expectations low is all I will say.

Fat chance the Distortion World will in the game. Dynamax will probably be shoehorned in another contrived manner.

Unfortunately you're probably right, and this has me very worried for the remakes because the vast region and wealth of content is part of DPPt's charm. Maybe they could compensate a bit with DLC if they give themselves an extra year to work on 9th gen, which would be scummy, but I'd rather have that than leave it missing content like ORAS. The remakes just won't be worthwhile if they can't accomplish this.

I'd like to note that we did go a whole year without a new mainline entry. Its not much but its a start.

That doesn't really do much to fix the problem because all they did was take the same content they were going to give to us as an UltraSword/UltraShield or whatever they'd call it and make it an add on to SwSh instead of a new game. The effects of that are likely negligible. For them to fix that problem, they need generations to last longer than 3 years from now on. Don't release 9th gen in 2022. Spread the games out more and use DLC to fill in the gaps. If they do that, then maybe we might see less corner cutting and more content and polish, but if they're not going to be willing to do that, then expect the corner cutting to continue and even get worse and worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom