• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking into consideration the more than likely Sinnoh remakes and the different opinions about the Pkmn games content and GF's practises, I was wondering if before buying the game, you will spoil yourself with information about the games and how much (only certain parts of it or fully) or not at all in order to try to be surprised.

In my case, I'll spoil myself in order to decide if I should buy one of it or not depending on what's included (or not!).

What about you?

I'm getting them anyway so I'd rather not know what's changed ahead of time. Ruins the initial experience for me to an extent.

Considering that the main changes in ORAS were a bunch of Megas (all officially revealed ahead of the release) and a meager post-game storyline (again, the climax was spoiled), is there much to spoil? Sure, there were a few new features, but I can't imagine not wanting to know about them. If you're ambivalent about a game, you should definitely do some research. Otherwise, you can choose to be a little surprised, I guess.

Last edited:
Taking into consideration the more than likely Sinnoh remakes and the different opinions about the Pkmn games content and GF's practises, I was wondering if before buying the game, you will spoil yourself with information about the games and how much (only certain parts of it or fully) or not at all in order to try to be surprised.

In my case, I'll spoil myself in order to decide if I should buy one of it or not depending on what's included (or not!).

What about you?
I think this is jumping the gun a little considering we’ve received no official (de)confirmation regarding Sinnoh remakes. Edit: At the time of this post, this was a separate thread whose title was implying that Sinnoh remakes were guaranteed to come.

That being said, I’d probably try to avoid major spoilers but then finally cave after getting swept away by the hype in the leaks thread (this happened with SwSh).

Last edited:
So what are your hopes and wishes for Gen 4 remakes? Should this be a different thread?

I don't think we need multiple threads until they're actually announced, but that's a question you should be asking mods.

As far as what I want to see, in general I just want what was in the originals + the remaining Pokemon not in SwSh + Sinnohan variants + online features in the Underground + new post game story arcs. They don't need to do much more than recreate what they already did in 3D since Sinnoh was already great.

I wonder if they’ll incorporate Max Raids and Raid Dens in the game some how. Maybe turn the Underground into a massive area with a bunch of dens, or make it a post game thing. I mean they did incorporate Mega Evolutions in ORAS.

I also wonder if HMs will return or will they do something different with them.

When it comes to future games like the Sinnoh remakes, I think Game Freak should make potential changes a la Square Enix. Creatures Inc should make changes too because they are responsible for the models (contrary to popular belief).

Last edited:
Considering ORAS was one of my top 3 all time Pokémon games and how well they did on it, I’m really excited at the thought of a Diamond and Pearl remake.

I only played D&P once so it will feel kind of new going into the game too which is an added bonus.

What about you?

I'd quite like to know about what is and isn't in the game before I buy it, so I probably will look up at least some information. If there's anything missing that could be potentially sold separately as DLC later (for example, the Distortion World), that might deter me from buying it straight away.

As much as I adore Sword and Shield, their anti-consumer release model (withholding information about upcoming paid DLC, and then physical bundles, to increase profits) has broken my trust a little, and taught me to be a bit more cautious about spending money up-front.

I'm really excited about the prospect of new Sinnoh games (assuming the rumours are true) and have every confidence that they will be great, because the remakes always are. I'll definitely be playing them. I'm just not sure whether that'll be on release day, or further down the line once I'm certain that what I'm buying is a full game.

Last edited:
As much as I adore Sword and Shield, their anti-consumer release model (withholding information about upcoming paid DLC, and then physical bundles, to increase profits) has broken my trust in Game Freak/the Pokemon Company a little, and taught me to be a bit more cautious about spending money up-front.
That here is the reason why GF needs to change their corporate strategy.

As much as I adore Sword and Shield, their anti-consumer release model (withholding information about upcoming paid DLC, and then physical bundles, to increase profits)
I don’t see how either of those things increase profits. Very very few people are going to re-purchase the DLC because it now comes in a physical bundle.

I also don’t think the gen 4 remakes will even have huge paid DLC areas. The DLC was supposed to be in lieu of a third version/sequel for SwSh and they never have those for remakes anyway.

I don’t see how either of those things increase profits. Very very few people are going to re-purchase the DLC because it now comes in a physical bundle.

I also don’t think the gen 4 remakes will even have huge paid DLC areas. The DLC was supposed to be in lieu of a third version/sequel for SwSh and they never have those for remakes anyway.

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't have bothered to buy both Sword and Shield at launch if I'd have known paid DLC (which has to be purchased separately for each game) would be announced eight weeks later. And I wouldn't have bought a digital Expansion Pass for Sword if I'd have known physical bundles were coming later in the year.

If I'd had all that information in the beginning, I probably would have just bought one of the games at launch, skipped the digital Expansion Passes altogether, and bought a second-hand bundled edition of the other game on eBay. So by withholding that information, the Pokemon Company got an extra £70 (a lot of money!) out of me.

I had the same thought about remakes and DLC. Maybe remakes won't get any DLC at all - Let's Go didn't. The release schedule has become a bit less predictable now that Pokemon is charting new territory on the Switch, though.

I should probably point out that my concerns about paid DLC are relatively minor compared to the excitement I'm feeling about Sinnoh (maybe) getting remade. It's going to be a blast!

Considering ORAS was one of my top 3 all time Pokémon games and how well they did on it, I’m really excited at the thought of a Diamond and Pearl remake.

I only played D&P once so it will feel kind of new going into the game too which is an added bonus.

ORAS is one of my all-time favourites as well, as is HGSS. It's my belief that one of the reasons the remakes are so good is because much of the work - like the region and Pokemon designs - has already been done. This gives Game Freak more time than usual to polish and refine every aspect, and make the game the absolute best it can be.

I've spent relatively little time playing Diamond and Pearl compared to the other games as well. I feel as if I never really had a chance to form a proper emotional connection with Sinnoh, because I didn't have a DS when the games first came out. If we get Diamond and Pearl remakes this year (and I'm still saying "if" until the rumours are proven to be true!) it'll be a chance for me to hopefully form that connection at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom