• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how would you guys feel if dialga and Palkia new forms were origin forms akin to giratinas origin form.
Considering that I’m a bit tired of extra forms for legendaries, I’d just be disappointed. Not only is it a road GameFreak has gone done multiple times since gen 5, I also think it gives attention to Pokémon who don’t need it. That being said, making the new forms akin to Giratina’s origin form would probably be the lesser evil considering that said form avoids my two main issues with extra legendary forms: no unnecessary stat boost and it doesn’t look like an overdesigned mess.

Primal Kyogre and Groudon have always been hilarious to me because it ironically made Groudon better against Kyogre.

So I'm watching Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V.
I thought Zuzu Boyle sounded familiar.
And that's because she's voiced by Emily Jenness.
She voiced Dawn in the Diamond and Pearl anime.
And that is after Tori Meadows was voiced by Eileen Stevens in ZEXAL.
The same voice as Iris in Black and White.
Meaning Yu-Gi-Oh! is going backwards through the generations.
Further confirmed that I've been spoiled to the fact I'm going to see characters from past generations in parallel Earths later on.
We stopped a meteorite in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire from being sent to a parallel Earth where the original Ruby and Sapphire were set.
Crazy time and space shenanigans like what Dialga and Palkia would do.
SINNOH CONFIRMED!!!

(I'm just kidding. How can Yu-Gi-Oh confirm Pokémon?)

Ah, but consider this: what if the parallel earth wasn't the world of the original RSE but actually the world of Yu-Gi-Oh?

Ah, but consider this: what if the parallel earth wasn't the world of the original RSE but actually the world of Yu-Gi-Oh?
Considering all the doomsdays the Yu-Gi-Oh universe faced, and all the powerful monsters and advanced technology, I think that world would be more than capable of defending itself than a Pokémon world with just 386 Pokémon. Team Aqua and Magma were the first Pokémon villains to cause a global disaster while Team Rocket was just a mafia. Their goals in FireRed and LeafGreen were not nearly as dangerous as the anime Team Rocket that has a couple of agents following Ash around the world.

I'm still holding hope for megas considering it's still canonically used in other Pokemon games today.

Keep hoping, but its not happening, since we are getting Dynamax. Gamefreak isn't gonna ditch a mechanic after only one set of games, since thats a waste of resources and a waste of time.

Keep hoping, but its not happening, since we are getting Dynamax. Gamefreak isn't gonna ditch a mechanic after only one set of games, since thats a waste of resources and a waste of time.

At best, I can see Megas coexisting with Dynamax, likely with restrictions placed on whether you're able to use them in official tournaments. It'll either be that, or they just won't be in. Meanwhile, if these games still run on the Gen 8 engine, which they almost certainly will, then there's going to be support for Dynamax.

They should just retcon Megas and Dynamax into the same thing.
But change Banette's Mega into an evolution. Why does Dusclops get one and Banette doesn't?
It also looks like an evolution unlike some of the abominations like Aerodactyl, Manectric and Sharpedo.
Also it doesn't look like a "Mega" themed Pokemon where there aren't really many changes like Sableye.
They should redesign Latias/Latios which look like absolute crap.

I'd love to see an announcement regarding Sinnoh this February but with the release date being on 2021 Winter - single game and sequel.
Taking into consideration what I've said previously about factions inside Galactic, I'd love for a sequel game perhaps called Pkmn Jewel where after Cyrus went to the Reverse World, Mars steals some resources from Saturn's Galactic and manages to break into the Reverse World, save Cyrus and capture Giratina, making Reverse World like environments and situations to actually start appearing through Sinnoh. Cynthia would have stepped down as the Champion to travel the region after Pt's story and to uncover the real power (Arceus), instead being replaced by Lucas or Dawn (based on ID generator just like the fossils or instead based on some choice that could be made like Lati@s in Emerald). The E4 would be composed of stat trainers (except for Buck that could have gone to replace Volkner and the original E4 was doing something else (Lucian could take over the Canalave Library, Bertha could be excavating the Underground or Mt. Coronet, Volkner and Flint would be doing something else...perhaps appear as stronger trainer in the Battle Area but not in the facilities or be running the Battleground as owners and taking part in the fights, having invited all other Gym leaders, E4 members and Champions just like in the PWT).
The previous protagonist that was not the champion would be the new Professor, with Rowan retiring to make Poffins and help Cynthia.
Each legendary Pkmn would have a proper event associated with it (not DLC) instead of just being in some place or being downloadable.
A replica of the broken mural at Mt. Coronet would be present in a new museum at Eterna City, making the city be again filled with people, namely scholars and once a year a festival in honor of the Dragon Pkmn would be held (based on the console's date) where shops would appear at a market that was opened at the previously Galactic Eterna building.
Veilstone would have a proper dock area where the ship to the Fight Area would depart and in Canalave, the S.S. Anne would be present where we would meet Locker (a nod to the International Police agent in the ship) making Canalave the place to visit after Jubilife (the new protagonist would come from this city where there would be a boutique; the connection to Canalave could be made through a new bridge that could get destroyed latter in the story and perhaps rebuilt after the post game.)

PS: Giratina would get out of control with the Lake Guardians not to be found anywhere and so Palkia and Dialga would appear to clash with it only for the three to be calmed by Arceus.

Last edited:
They should just retcon Megas and Dynamax into the same thing.

It wouldn't make sense to. Their lore is completely different, their design philosophy is completely different, and the mechanics work differently for a reason. They're not supposed to be the same thing.

Why? Yes, they look the same, but the base form do the same.

Latios is also a bit bigger and has a longer neck.

Supposedly Mega Latios is bigger than Mega Latias as well, but that's where I cease to be able to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom