• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
By expanding on this, I think some of the entries used were already around since the XY or ORAS days on the Mega Evolution's pages on their websites.

It wasn't a big deal back then, so it makes no sense for it to mean they hate them.

Yeah, that's correct. But those got less attention because far fewer people read the websites than play the games.

(Unfortunately, they eventually took those sites down before I had a chance to preserve the information. I have a text file on my computer where I've been saving all the little species bios and things from the official websites, starting from Sun & Moon. I've even tried Wayback Machine-ing it, which might be able to work for the XY stuff, but won't for ORAS due to the way the site was designed.)

Ultimately, I think those entries are just meant to show that Mega Evolution infuses the Pokémon with a huge, barely-controllable amount of power. Many of them just extrapolate on details that already existed for those Pokémon, like Scizor overheating in battle. That's been a part of its profile for a long time, and the Mega Evolution entry just amps it up.

Building on that, I think the implication, such as there is one, is that this is why it's crucial to have a strong bond with the Pokémon that's Mega Evolving. That aspect of the lore was completely disregarded by the core games' mechanics, but the anime and Super Mystery Dungeon both showed that Mega Evolution can cause a Pokémon to run berserk, and in the anime in particular, it's the bond between the Trainer and their Pokémon which stabilizes the transformation. (Everyone else might've hated it, but I still think it would have been cool to tie Mega Evolution in with Affection.)

At any rate, I think saying that those Dex entries display a "regret" on the part of the developers is like saying Black & White's story shows they "regret" coming up with Pokémon battling. Just because the narrative is critical of its own elements or willing to highlight flaws in them doesn't mean the developers want to cast these things off completely. Even Dynamax received some internal criticism in its debut game, via Piers and the state of Spikemuth. Plus it almost destroyed Galar!

I agree. I'm fine with that. I think Dyna- and Gigantamax will take the 'centerstage' and Megas and Z-Moves, if they return, will be similar to how Alola had Megas as a post-game thing without any fuzz made about it.

Yeah, while it was tied to XY at first because of the energy of the Ultimate Weapon, ORAS made it so it is just tied to a certain kind of energy (That Devon Corp. created themselves). I fully expect Dynamax to be tied more so to the concepts of time and space and the possible distortions of it and such. With Dialga, Palkia and Giratina you got 3 perfect actors to play that roll and function as the token Eternatus.

I think this is a bit of a fleeting dream. ORAS also incorporated Pokémon of generations that came after it. I'm afraid that is simply inevitable. I do understand the sentiment though.

The Great Marsh and potentially parts of the Underground could be reworked/expanded to become (part of) Wild Areas too. Between Pal Park, the Area Islands, Great Marsh and parts of the Underground, you'll have plenty of stuff to work with. (Unless they want to work the area that's between the 'triangle' of Pastoria, Veilstone and the other city into one so you have 'three possible exits and entrances'.

Probably the Platinum path and add stuff like Magby and Elekid's on regular routes. (Even though that's also dangerous on that part cause then people will go "Oh, it's a Platinum thing, could have included the Battle Frontier!")
I could see amity square becoming a wild area too, and maybe even Mt coronet depending on if they rework it

Given that they are silent most of the time, I don't think so.

I'd be surprised if the protagonist in Unova knows about the protagonists in Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh and vice versa. It doesn't look like different regions really have much information exchange (does the Internet even exist in the Pokemon world?).
I could see amity square becoming a wild area too, and maybe even Mt coronet depending on if they rework it

That would be like walking into a park in my hometown, Toronto, and encountering wild orangutans or lions or something.

I think Amity Square will probably be kept as is except with Internet capabilities, i.e. you could see other players and camp with them while online just like with the Wild Area.

I think Amity Square will probably be kept as is except with Internet capabilities, i.e. you could see other players and camp with them while online just like with the Wild Area.

Yeah, I feel like Amity Square would be more of a campsite. It’s so small, and it wasn’t a place you could catch Pokémon; just wander around and randomly pick up items. If they did anything special with it, I imagine it would be a campsite where you could make high star curry with multiple NPCs.

One area that I think could make a good (albeit small) Wild Area is that rich dude’s garden. In the originals, you could find rare Pokémon. They could really have fun with it; higher chances of finding shiny/5 IV/super rare ‘mons (like Dawn Rockruff or HA starters) depending on the day and the weather.

Yeah, I feel like Amity Square would be more of a campsite. It’s so small, and it wasn’t a place you could catch Pokémon; just wander around and randomly pick up items. If they did anything special with it, I imagine it would be a campsite where you could make high star curry with multiple NPCs.

One area that I think could make a good (albeit small) Wild Area is that rich dude’s garden. In the originals, you could find rare Pokémon. They could really have fun with it; higher chances of finding shiny/5 IV/super rare ‘mons (like Dawn Rockruff or HA starters) depending on the day and the weather.
Which is why they need to do more with it. If theres any location that would makes a good wild area (camera control and following Pokemon and raid dens) its amity square they would just need to make it bigger and the ruins there already make for a cool idea. As it stands its a lack luster location with limited pokemon following you and nothing else to do. At the time it was cool to have some Pokemon follow you but now it would be kind of meh if they kept it the exact same.

Which is why they need to do more with it. If theres any location that would makes a good wild area (camera control and following Pokemon and raid dens) its amity square they would just need to make it bigger and the ruins there already make for a cool idea. As it stands its a lack luster location with limited pokemon following you and nothing else to do. At the time it was cool to have some Pokemon follow you but now it would be kind of meh if they kept it the exact same.

Don’t get me wrong; I wouldn’t feel like my nostalgia was being attacked if they turned Amity Park into a Wild Area spot. Just that it seems small and inconsequential compared to some of the other areas in Sinnoh that could potentially be revamped into Wild Areas.

Can anyone check if this image is correct?
81bf30adcbef760956481fd839dda3cc7dd99e85.jpg

I do think there are ways to integrate the Go style capture mechanics in a way that complements the traditional capture mechanics rather than replaces them, and that could be more accepted than LGPE. For example, if the capture mechanics worked like normal, but then when you throw the Poke Ball, you enter into the Go style capture mini game to catch the Pokemon (albeit changed so that any throw could catch the Pokemon, but more accurate throws have a higher catch rate). But a change of this magnitude will probably only happen in a new generation, not Sinnoh remakes.

I think Sinnoh remakes will stick with traditional capture mechanics and won't be LG style games. The reason why is you have to consider the purpose of the LG style games, they're meant to get Go players to transition to the main games. So you have to think, is Game Freak especially interested in getting Go players to buy Sinnoh remakes? And I think the answer is no. Sure, they would love for them too, they want as many people to buy it as possible, but is getting Go players to buy Sinnoh remakes a key goal for the game? I don't think so. It made sense in 2018 when the Switch was relatively new and they weren't sure it would succeed, but not as much now. Sinnoh remakes are more likely intended to attract older players who have nostalgia for the originals and newer players who never played the originals and want to experience it. And they should know from the last 2 years of fan reception that LGPE and its mechanics are divisive. If they implement them into Sinnoh remakes, they'll likely turn off some segments of their target audience for the games, and probably more than they'd attract. So I don't think it happens. They could find ways to integrate LGPE's mechanics in ways that are more constructive and less divisive, they already have to some degree in SwSh, but I don't see them going all in on that style of gameplay.

It's happening!

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina were added to the Slideshow. Maybe they announce the games soon.

So, what are the chances of getting both a Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remake and a Let's Go Johto this generation? Even though I hate Let's Go, it would give Gen 9 that much needed extra year of development. I say both in the same generation because Celebi is also part of the slideshow as well as Zarude, but Zarude itself is important by virtue of it being the Mythical Pokemon that's getting marketing attention right now.

So, what are the chances of getting both a Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remake and a Let's Go Johto this generation? Even though I hate Let's Go, it would give Gen 9 that much needed extra year of development. I say both in the same generation because Celebi is also part of the slideshow as well as Zarude, but Zarude itself is important by virtue of it being the Mythical Pokemon that's getting marketing attention right now.
  1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Masuda or some other developer said that they currently have no plans for a Let's Go game this generation.
  2. Isn't Celebi a character in the new movie with Zarude?
I think a Let's Go Johto game happening this generation is very unlikely.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Masuda or some other developer said that they currently have no plans for a Let's Go game this generation.
  2. Isn't Celebi a character in the new movie with Zarude?
I think a Let's Go Johto game happening this generation is very unlikely.
The movie could be the reason for Celebi's inclusion in the slideshow then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom