• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what are the chances of getting both a Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remake and a Let's Go Johto this generation? Even though I hate Let's Go, it would give Gen 9 that much needed extra year of development. I say both in the same generation because Celebi is also part of the slideshow as well as Zarude, but Zarude itself is important by virtue of it being the Mythical Pokemon that's getting marketing attention right now.

Slim to none. They don't have the resources to make three sets of games (really four sets of "games" when you consider that the SwSh Expansion Pass is taking the place of what would otherwise be a third version for SwSh) in 4 years. At best if they want to extend development another year, I would think remake DLC would be the way to go. Ad considering that DP remakes are probably going to be missing something the fans wanted from the original, they could consider that as an opportunity to add some of the missing content for an extra charge, and while that would be scummy, I'd prefer it to an ORAS situation where the games are just left incomplete.

What about this

Traditional remakes in even numbered generations and Lets Go remakes in odd-numbered generations (So gen 9 would give us Lets Go).

This is more likely, if Let's Go Johto is ever going to happen, it'll be in 9th/10th gen either late on the Switch or (more likely) early on the Switch's successor.

I'd love to see an announcement regarding Sinnoh this February but with the release date being on 2021 Winter - single game and sequel.
Taking into consideration what I've said previously about factions inside Galactic, I'd love for a sequel game perhaps called Pkmn Jewel where after Cyrus went to the Reverse World, Mars steals some resources from Saturn's Galactic and manages to break into the Reverse World, save Cyrus and capture Giratina, making Reverse World like environments and situations to actually start appearing through Sinnoh. Cynthia would have stepped down as the Champion to travel the region after Pt's story and to uncover the real power (Arceus), instead being replaced by Lucas or Dawn (based on ID generator just like the fossils or instead based on some choice that could be made like Lati@s in Emerald). The E4 would be composed of stat trainers (except for Buck that could have gone to replace Volkner and the original E4 was doing something else (Lucian could take over the Canalave Library, Bertha could be excavating the Underground or Mt. Coronet, Volkner and Flint would be doing something else...perhaps appear as stronger trainer in the Battle Area but not in the facilities or be running the Battleground as owners and taking part in the fights, having invited all other Gym leaders, E4 members and Champions just like in the PWT).
The previous protagonist that was not the champion would be the new Professor, with Rowan retiring to make Poffins and help Cynthia.
Each legendary Pkmn would have a proper event associated with it (not DLC) instead of just being in some place or being downloadable.
A replica of the broken mural at Mt. Coronet would be present in a new museum at Eterna City, making the city be again filled with people, namely scholars and once a year a festival in honor of the Dragon Pkmn would be held (based on the console's date) where shops would appear at a market that was opened at the previously Galactic Eterna building.
Veilstone would have a proper dock area where the ship to the Fight Area would depart and in Canalave, the S.S. Anne would be present where we would meet Locker (a nod to the International Police agent in the ship) making Canalave the place to visit after Jubilife (the new protagonist would come from this city where there would be a boutique; the connection to Canalave could be made through a new bridge that could get destroyed latter in the story and perhaps rebuilt after the post game.)

PS: Giratina would get out of control with the Lake Guardians not to be found anywhere and so Palkia and Dialga would appear to clash with it only for the three to be calmed by Arceus.

Based on my previous comment and while playing HG I remebered that the Sinjoh ruins won't likely be mentioned, hinted or addressed in the remakes or sequels which is a shame since (besides being something new in the remakes and connected with the previous Gen. IV games) with the absence of the lake trio, Arceus could be summoned to create once again the lake trio in new ruins while explaining a little bit further about them and it could even be connected to the ancentors of Celestic Town and Cynthia's (with a cameo from Drasna).

So, I found this "leak" on 4chan from someone calling themselves GravelVoicedPrincess that brings up interesting details for some sort of Sinnoh game. The 'leaker' didn't say the names of the games nor some sort of release date; just started posting details.

Here's what they said:

sinnohLeak_GravelVoicedPrincess.PNG

A new myth is discovered by Cynthia called the Primordial Destiny. It references a Path of End and a Path of Beginning. Team Galactic discovers Pocket Dimensions and are searching for an item called Paradox Platinum. Cyrus believes this will let him entangle time and space to bring about a new world destiny.

Roark retires as a Gym Leader to explore a new Underground Den and leaves the gym to a family member. She is a singer.

New items can be collected in Wild Areas called Diamond Dust and Pearl Ash. They sparkle in the Overworld. Miners buy these items in the Underground or trade them for X-Slates.

No regional variants appear. Instead, Distortion forms appear in Sinnoh that awaken the Lake Guardians. The player and rivals must investigate. A Key item, Y Analog, replaces the Pokétch that let's players switch between distortion forms and normal forms.

These forms alter the type of the Pokemon or the moves it can learn via level up.

While I don't buy into this leak, there was one concept from it that intrigued me.

What if we get some sort of Distortion World forms or variants of existing Pokémon? I don't think such an idea has been widely suggested/distributed in the community yet, so I'm wondering what sort of transformations/adaptations certain Pokémon might have as a result of living in or visiting the Distortion World.

It really makes you think, doesn't it?

This sounds so absurd that it might actually be true.
For some reason, the first association I had with "distortion forms" were the zombie forms of existing Pokémon from that Snakewood hack, if anyone has played it.

For some reason, the first association I had with "distortion forms" were the zombie forms of existing Pokémon from that Snakewood hack, if anyone has played it.
Please don't remind me of that. It had so much potential, but they had to bring Bo-bobo there...

On-Topic: First and third bullet points sound credible in my opinion, but the rest aren't.

So, I found this "leak" on 4chan from someone calling themselves GravelVoicedPrincess that brings up interesting details for some sort of Sinnoh game. The 'leaker' didn't say the names of the games nor some sort of release date; just started posting details.

Here's what they said:

View attachment 139303
A new myth is discovered by Cynthia called the Primordial Destiny. It references a Path of End and a Path of Beginning. Team Galactic discovers Pocket Dimensions and are searching for an item called Paradox Platinum. Cyrus believes this will let him entangle time and space to bring about a new world destiny.

Roark retires as a Gym Leader to explore a new Underground Den and leaves the gym to a family member. She is a singer.

New items can be collected in Wild Areas called Diamond Dust and Pearl Ash. They sparkle in the Overworld. Miners buy these items in the Underground or trade them for X-Slates.

No regional variants appear. Instead, Distortion forms appear in Sinnoh that awaken the Lake Guardians. The player and rivals must investigate. A Key item, Y Analog, replaces the Pokétch that let's players switch between distortion forms and normal forms.

These forms alter the type of the Pokemon or the moves it can learn via level up.

While I don't buy into this leak, there was one concept from it that intrigued me.

What if we get some sort of Distortion World forms or variants of existing Pokémon? I don't think such an idea has been widely suggested/distributed in the community yet, so I'm wondering what sort of transformations/adaptations certain Pokémon might have as a result of living in or visiting the Distortion World.

But only Giratina lives there.

Here's what they said:

View attachment 139303

This legitimately sounds like the plot of a fan game.

Huh. Interesting. A few things seem to bother me in the way of plot, so I don't really believe it:
Doesn't this also kind of do something similar to the red chain? I don't remember the main plot of the game, but eh.

Ngl, I can kind of see Roark ditching his gym leader to dig holes somewhere. But on the other hand I kind of feel as though something like this would kind of contradict some piece of established canon relating to conflicts with his dad in some way that I probably can't think of right now.

The singer thing sounds cool though. Having a singer be the leader of a mining town seems like it'd be neat if it was a real thing. Like, she entertains the workers when they're on break or what not.

This sounds cool though

Doesn't this also kind of do something similar to the red chain? I don't remember the main plot of the game, but eh.

The Red Chain was meant to restrain and control Dialga/Palkia without the use of a Poke Ball, since a Poke Ball limits their power. Which now that I think about it is a very interesting piece of lore that explains why the Pokemon world has no issue with 10 year olds keeping godlike legendaries as pets, they must not be as recklessly destructive with the Poke Ball limiting them.

Anyone can claim having contacts within a game company to make a fake leak. It happens all the time with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC. And why would Skarmory and Corsola be the mascots? They are not that marketable and Skarmory isn't that cute for Let's Go. Because their names start with the first letter as Silver and Crystal? What about Gold? There's Girafarig and Gligar to use.

Anyone can claim having contacts within a game company to make a fake leak. It happens all the time with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC. And why would Skarmory and Corsola be the mascots? They are not that marketable and Skarmory isn't that cute for Let's Go. Because their names start with the first letter as Silver and Crystal? What about Gold? There's Girafarig and Gligar to use.
While I agree with everything you said, I think you replied to the wrong thread.

While I agree with everything you said, I think you replied to the wrong thread.
No, I'm replying to the tweet SinnohEevee showed us. Sorry, I was actually reading more of James Asselstine's tweets furthur elaborated here where he explained that it won't be a standard remake of Diamond and Pearl, but a Let's Go remake of HeartGold and SoulSilver where he claims the names attached being "Let's Go Skarmory" and "Let's Go Corsola." Sorry for not providing context.

I've given it all some thought and decided that none of it really makes any sense, but at least the poster tried to be somewhat imaginative and come up with original ideas and not just talk about things that already exist.

"primordial destiny" is a bit of an oxymoron. Primordial refers to something's origins or a beginning, but Destiny is like, an end result or prediction about future events. How can there be a Destiny about the beginning which has already happened? Are they trying to refer to a rebirth or something? Wasn't End's and Beginning's more ORAS's theme? And something about the name "Paradox Platinum" sounds off. It sounds more like an energy source; not a specific item, and it doesn't really describe what it is; visually. Platinum is just a material that could take any shape; its really more of an adjective than it is a noun. Paradox Platinum what? Ring? Orb? Staff? Sword? Cube?

This just sounds like they are trying to make some regional replacement for Watts, but why are there two distinct kinds? Are they version exclusives? Also, its a bit too self referential. (Dust Diamond and Ash Pearl are kind of nice names for the games, though)

From just hearing the name, Y Analog sounds like a pointless rebranding of Y Comm; but it seems it has nothing to do with Y Comm. It also seems to have nothing to do with the Poketch, so why is the leaker saying its a replacement for it?

It's happening!

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina were added to the Slideshow. Maybe they announce the games soon.

I'm not sure what the significance of this is?

I'm not sure what the significance of this is?
They added the IV gen legendaries to the slideshow, and as far as I know they haven't been the protagonists of anything in a long time, so it wouldn't make sense to add them at random, especially with the increasing demand for IV generation remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom