• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if the protagonist in Unova knows about the protagonists in Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh and vice versa. It doesn't look like different regions really have much information exchange (does the Internet even exist in the Pokemon world?).

At the beginning of Sword and Shield, the player character watches Chairman Rose's speech on a video-sharing site similar to YouTube. In the sidebar, there's even a viral video of someone being chased by a Bewear in the Wild Area! Sonia also checks social media for sightings of Sordward and Shielbert.

Meanwhile, in Alola, it seems that that photos taken with the Poké Finder are uploaded to an image-sharing service similar to Instagram, where strangers can leave comments.

I'm not sure if any of the other regions have been shown to have internet, but if they do, the news of a young trainer's heroic exploits would probably spread across the world pretty quickly.

The remakes are inevitably going to be controversial to the point of fracturing the fanbase worse than SS. There, I said it. DPR will be Pokemon's Rise of Skywalker, no matter what form it takes.

Let's face it, there will only be half the Dex, new Giantamax forms, the megas and Zmoves won't be back, and the game will run on the same engine as and reuse assets from SS, but even if it did not there would still be toxic fans lashing out at game freak and normal fans and just a gigantic rage storm that causes a large number of people to leave the fandom in hate and disgust.

The fandom has reached critical mass. Frankly I'm just grateful for more sinnoh (and I want to see the remakes become pokemon's take on FFVIIR), but this is the price of ubiquity.

Imagine that Cyrus/Team Galactic are going to capture Arceus and use it to fight us, but it's going to be a pathetic level 30 while everyone else is at level 75. That would pretty much reveal that he's isn't god and the origin of the world story is made up. A pretty interisting twist in my opinion.
The remakes are inevitably going to be controversial to the point of fracturing the fanbase worse than SS. There, I said it. DPR will be Pokemon's Rise of Skywalker, no matter what form it takes.

Let's face it, there will only be half the Dex, new Giantamax forms, the megas and Zmoves won't be back, and the game will run on the same engine as and reuse assets from SS, but even if it did not there would still be toxic fans lashing out at game freak and normal fans and just a gigantic rage storm that causes a large number of people to leave the fandom in hate and disgust.

The fandom has reached critical mass. Frankly I'm just grateful for more sinnoh (and I want to see the remakes become pokemon's take on FFVIIR), but this is the price of ubiquity.
Meh, at least wait until we actually have information about the games. Besides, we're most likely going to have the full dex, since SwSh had almost the full dex with DLCs. Give GF a second chance, and if the remakes end up trash we can storm their offices.

Imagine that Cyrus/Team Galactic are going to capture Arceus and use it to fight us, but it's going to be a pathetic level 30 while everyone else is at level 75. That would pretty much reveal that he's isn't god and the origin of the world story is made up. A pretty interisting twist in my opinion.
Not sure, I have seen that twist in other places, to the point it would have been boring to me.

I don't think I've seen him before, granted, I generally don't follow leaks unless they're posted here. What's his credibility, and why does he say there's not going to be Sinnoh remakes? Thanks.

Yes, their page is a variety of video game content anywhere from zany to relevant and both. once i read/saw enough of their posting style it just felt certain that it is not at all a true statement!

it seems like they are starting out as a youtube channel and maybe were trying to attract new twitter followers who might also subscribe or something??

We don't know what the game would be like. Hopefully it won't be anything like what you predicted. While I would be mad if there's no National Dex again for the post-game, I don't care what they'd do about the Gigantamax, Megas and Z-Moves, and I would actually like it if it looks like Sword and Shield in terms of engine, assets and graphics. Dexit was what got people nitpicking the graphics. Doesn't matter what the textures on a tree is like, Galar is gorgeous.

I mean, those complaints would still exist even if Pokemon weren't insanely popular, the fanbase's size isn't the reason for that, the size just makes the complaints louder. The issue is that expectations for a console game are much higher than for handheld games so everyone was expecting a major leap when the franchise transitioned to the Switch and that hasn't happened yet. Until it does, the complaints will continue.

Does anybody want to speculate on titles for the hypothetical remakes?

I think they will go for something different with the format of the titles, perhaps something like [insert x] of Diamond and [insert y] of Pearl?

I think they will go for something different with the format of the titles, perhaps something like [insert x] of Diamond and [insert y] of Pearl?

I agree that there's a good chance we might get something that breaks the pattern, but then it becomes really hard to predict anything at that point. I'd kind of like to make a thread dedicated to it just because I'd like to see if we could make enough guesses to get it right.

Currently; I'm leaning towards Diamond 0 and Pearl 0. I feel pretty confidently that they won't make Dawn/Lucas the main protaganists which means new protags, which means """""new"""""" story. I don't think they would do sequels again and a more traditional prequel could be interesting. (which maybe leads to a different ending?/alternate history).

I also kind of want this because I think it would be interesting to have Dawn as a dedicated Contest rival in post game, perhaps.

My favourite hypothetical titles that I've seen being thrown around are Eternal Diamond and Infinite Pearl, but even those aren't perfect. Eternal Diamond is fine, but how can a pearl be infinite? I like your idea of doing something different by putting "of" in the title.

There is a slight chance of these being soft reboots;

I am not sure whether the diamondpearl prefix for the Pokemon website is any official indication!

It might be a special situation where Diamond and Pearl were the first 3D main series games, for them to create, with their current advanced resources and methods, the world and story as if they were doing so for the first time!

At the beginning of Sword and Shield, the player character watches Chairman Rose's speech on a video-sharing site similar to YouTube. In the sidebar, there's even a viral video of someone being chased by a Bewear in the Wild Area! Sonia also checks social media for sightings of Sordward and Shielbert.

Meanwhile, in Alola, it seems that that photos taken with the Poké Finder are uploaded to an image-sharing service similar to Instagram, where strangers can leave comments.

I'm not sure if any of the other regions have been shown to have internet, but if they do, the news of a young trainer's heroic exploits would probably spread across the world pretty quickly.
Also in or as all your exploits are talked about on tv

I'd be surprised if the protagonist in Unova knows about the protagonists in Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh and vice versa. It doesn't look like different regions really have much information exchange (does the Internet even exist in the Pokemon world?).
Well, there's the intro of the Alola games where you're talking with Kukui via the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom