• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning of Sword and Shield, the player character watches Chairman Rose's speech on a video-sharing site similar to YouTube. In the sidebar, there's even a viral video of someone being chased by a Bewear in the Wild Area! Sonia also checks social media for sightings of Sordward and Shielbert.

Meanwhile, in Alola, it seems that that photos taken with the Poké Finder are uploaded to an image-sharing service similar to Instagram, where strangers can leave comments.

I'm not sure if any of the other regions have been shown to have internet, but if they do, the news of a young trainer's heroic exploits would probably spread across the world pretty quickly.

Unless it's considered "fake news". :sneaky:

If Gamefreak were smart, they would release a free Sinnoh themed event as DLC in sword and shield. Have the protagonists clothes as free clothing options, release a raid with the sinnoh starters and have cynthia added into the region for a small quest.

If Gamefreak were smart, they would release a free Sinnoh themed event as DLC in sword and shield. Have the protagonists clothes as free clothing options, release a raid with the sinnoh starters and have cynthia added into the region for a small quest.
If GameFreak were smart, they would reconignize the massive demand and release full Diamond and Pearl remakes instead of DLC with some Sinnoh tidbits which would only tick off an already volatile fanbase.

If GameFreak were smart, they would reconignize the massive demand and release full Diamond and Pearl remakes instead of DLC with some Sinnoh tidbits which would only tick off an already volatile fanbase.
I think they meant that GameFreak would host a Sinnoh-themed event in SwSh prior to the release of Diamond and Pearl remakes.

Honestly, I could see them doing Sinnoh themed raids prior to the release of the remakes if they were to occur, perhaps with the more rare Sinnoh and popular Pokémon, e.g. Garchomp and Lucario, featured.

Last edited:
How can that be smart? We don't want a Sinnoh event in Sword and Shield. We want a whole separate game. I don't need Cynthia in Galar or a raid of Pokémon that should be available in the new games. And while I do see an update adding Sinnoh clothes, it would only be to show Sinnoh players online and not have more clothes available. And I don't see it as necessary to fill our Switch system's memory with so much DLC and updates. LEGO Dimensions clogged up my Wii U memory space because TT Games made a dumb decision to add Year 2 content to the game instead of making a LEGO Dimensions 2.

I think they meant that GameFreak would host a Sinnoh-themed event in SwSh prior to the release of Diamond and Pearl remakes.

Honestly, I could see them doing Sinnoh themed raids prior to the release of the remakes if they were to occur, perhaps with the more rare Sinnoh and popular Pokémon, e.g. Garchomp and Lucario, featured.
In hindsight, it’s a bit ambiguous but I read it as “instead of” and it looks like I’m not the only one.

I wouldn’t be opposed to some Sinnoh DLC to market the release, and I apologize if that’s what Johtoo meant. Not sure I see it happening but it would be nice.

Umm. I was talking about adding free DLC to promote the Diamond and Pearl remakes. It would drum up excitement for the remakes and they could do so much with it.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Although I think the Sinnoh clothes should be exclusive to the remakes so that we can tell them apart from Galar players. What did Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire players look like in X and Y? Did they look like Calem and Serena's default outfits? Well, if there is a patch in Sword and Shield for compatibility with the Sinnoh remakes, I would like the patch to have all the Sinnoh clothes in the coding. That would be the first time in the series where players of new games actually retain their sprites/models linking up with the older games. Kris had to dress as a boy to battle and trade with Gold and Silver. Red and Leaf look like Brendan and May in Ruby and Sapphire, and Emerald players don't wear green in Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed or LeafGreen. Lucas and Dawn would have their Diamond and Pearl outfits in Diamond and Pearl even if they were from Platinum, and Ethan and Lyra turn into Lucas and Dawn in the Sinnoh games, dressed the same as the respective Sinnoh player. Nate and Rosa become Hilbert and Hilda in the first Black and White games. So Brendan and May become Calem and Serena in X and Y. Since Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire doesn't have customization options, they must look like the plain Calem and Serena. But what do Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon players look like to Sun and Moon players? Do they look like the default Sun and Moon player? What about when they wear something that exists in the original Sun and Moon? Well if all the Pokémon would be patched into Sword and Shield on time for the remakes, it makes perfect sense to code the Sinnoh clothes to identify remake players.

My ideas for the names of the games would be ChronoDiamond and XenoPearl. That's what I got for my PokéFanon article.

Apologies for the bluntness, but I sincerely hope those are not the real names. I loved the names HeartGold and SoulSilver because of how they feel in my mouth when I pronounce them but ChronoDiamond and XenoPearl sound a little bit too much like ROM hacks!

Apologies for the bluntness, but I sincerely hope those are not the real names. I loved the names HeartGold and SoulSilver because of how they feel in my mouth when I pronounce them!
Considering how I use my bad luck to catch Pokémon, it's probably not going to be the real names.

What about Light Diamond and Sound Pearl? Heart and Gold had nothing to do with Gold and Silver, neither did Alpha and Omega with Ruby and Sapphire.

Oh and mega definitely has to come back. They can tie it to the anime with Ash's Mega Lucario vs Goh's Gigantamax Cinderace. If all of the gimmicks are back, I'm definitely in. Primarina without Oceanic Operetta just doesn't feel right. Similarly, what is the point of Ash Hat Pikachu if it can't 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt.

Last edited:
My favourite hypothetical titles that I've seen being thrown around are Eternal Diamond and Infinite Pearl, but even those aren't perfect. Eternal Diamond is fine, but how can a pearl be infinite? I like your idea of doing something different by putting "of" in the title.

I saw another, slightly different pair of titles in some fan art last night: Divinity Diamond and Infinity Pearl. I like those a lot. However, I suspect the word "divinity" has too many religious connotations for Game Freak to consider using it (remember how they edited Gold and Silver's Sage sprites outside of Japan?).

Maybe Eternity Diamond and Infinity Pearl?

What about Light Diamond and Sound Pearl? Heart and Gold had nothing to do with Gold and Silver, neither did Alpha and Omega with Ruby and Sapphire.

I've also been thinking about the titles of past remakes, and how a new set of remakes could follow suit. "Heart and soul" and "alpha and omega" are both popular phrases in the English language.

How about something simple like Bright Diamond and Shining Pearl? "Shining bright" is quite a common turn of phrase.

Last edited:
Light Diamond and Sound Pearl
Complete with Electric/Dark Luxray, Bug/Dragon Flygon and Yanmega, walking Pokémon, all the regions, and other things fans won't stop asking for. =P

How about something simple like Bright Diamond and Shining Pearl? "Shining bright" is quite a common turn of phrase.
That sounds like a TCG expansion. I like it.

Complete with Electric/Dark Luxray, Bug/Dragon Flygon and Yanmega, walking Pokémon, all the regions, and other things fans won't stop asking for. =P

Well, I'm not in those camps but if the only thing they're gonna reveal in 30 days' time is the title, this could be wild cause everyone would probably think that they're introducing two new types or something.

Another title I think would be good is Destiny Diamond. It fits the "time" theme - if Dialga can control time, it probably knows what everyone's destinies are. But I can't really think of an equivalent title for Pearl that fits.

Maybe Destiny Diamond and Infinity Pearl could work together, at a push, but the words "destiny" and "infinity" don't really have much to do with one another.

I'm imagining the Game Freak staff sitting in their office, scratching their heads, with a massive sheet of paper with hundreds of Sinnoh remake title ideas scribbled all over it. It must be difficult for them, too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom