• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing around with the search settings on the official Japanese Pokedex (I don't speak Japanese, but it didn't take too long to work out what all the buttons do) and I discovered something interesting. If you search for Alola-native Pokemon, the Alolan forms come up, and if you search for Galar-native Pokemon, the Galarian forms and Gigantamax forms come up. However, if you search for Kalos-native Pokemon, the Mega Evolutions don't come up. Those are classed as belonging to the same regions as their base forms.

In other words, the Gigantamax forms are considered by the Pokemon Company to be more region-specific than the Mega Evolutions are.

This could mean nothing, of course. Maybe there will be new Gigantamax forms in Diamond and Pearl remakes, and these will be categorised as Sinnoh-native Pokemon. Or all the Gigantamax forms will be recategorised as belonging to their base forms' regions, once it's been established that Dynamaxing is possible outside Galar. But I still thought it was noteworthy.

It's also worth pointing out that G-Max Melmeltal is grouped with Meltan/Melmetal on there, being under the Unknown section

One of my pipe dreams is that they'll sort of combine the Great Marsh and honey trees. Like, in the Great Marsh, you could put down certain bait (berries, poffins, honey, etc.), and certain species of Pokémon will immediately appear as symbol encounters.

1612783601483.jpg

what’s the context of this image? looks like something that anyone with a bit of design software could whip up.

Its cool looking but it definitely has the appearance of being a fakemon.

Remember that water type platypus fakemon that somebody created a figurine out of?

I’m going to err on the side of caution and say it’s fake. As Shib said above, it looks like something anyone could make. Not only that, it’s a small dark silhouette with a white background, and it’s not even centered on the page. I’d imagine that if this was an image shown to a group of devs or saved on a computer, it wouldn’t be presented like this because it looks like someone just dropped an image into Microsoft Word.

Last edited:
How will the Pokétch work on the Switch without a touch screen? Would you need to select it on the X menu? That would make a lot of the apps like the pedometer inconvenient in the remakes if you have to pause and look through screens instead of just looking at your bottom screen when walking.

How will the Pokétch work on the Switch without a touch screen? Would you need to select it on the X menu? That would make a lot of the apps like the pedometer inconvenient in the remakes if you have to pause and look through screens instead of just looking at your bottom screen when walking.

Just have it work like the Y-Comm. Have a small icon in the corner that displays information from the app, and press Y to open up the Poketch to view more details.

That thing looks like someone made a regional variant of the lake trio, forgetting that the lake trio is already from Sinnoh so it doesn’t even make sense. lol And a fourth lake pixie doesn’t really make sense to me, because the three look so similar and this is way different. It’s not like the Regis where each one already looks unique.

Unless this is a Distortion World version? Which would be exciting, not gonna lie.

With the Lake trio, they are supposed to have colors resembling the Creation trio. So unless that one has white on the head (to resemble Arceus), I don't see that being a separate Pokemon.

Pokétch apps were basically useless in DPPt, never mind now. I suspect they’ll be cut from the remakes; they add no value whatsoever.

That thing looks like someone made a regional variant of the lake trio, forgetting that the lake trio is already from Sinnoh so it doesn’t even make sense. lol And a fourth lake pixie doesn’t really make sense to me, because the three look so similar and this is way different. It’s not like the Regis where each one already looks unique.

Unless this is a Distortion World version? Which would be exciting, not gonna lie.

Well, there is a fourth lake in Sinnoh and it does lack a guardian (but that's probably deliberate), and does connect to the Distortion World.

At any rate, I don't think much of whatever that above picture is.

Pokétch apps were basically useless in DPPt, never mind now. I suspect they’ll be cut from the remakes; they add no value whatsoever.

I would disagree with that. Some are, but some are actually highly useful for tracking certain gameplay elements. I do think they need to cut some of the less useful apps, but not the Poketch entirely.

Well, there is a fourth lake in Sinnoh and it does lack a guardian (but that's probably deliberate), and does connect to the Distortion World.

At any rate, I don't think much of whatever that above picture is.

Eh, I would consider Giratina a "guardian" of Sendoff Spring because of it inhabiting Turnback Cave/the Distortion World.

I would disagree with that. Some are, but some are actually highly useful for tracking certain gameplay elements
Which ones, out of interest? The only ones I used in the originals were Pedometer, which doesn’t make sense in a non-grid-based game, and Affection Tracker, which is superseded by the new affection mechanics (battle entrances etc).

This is so funny to me lol

Okay, so, start with just the context of the image. A blurry photo of a computer screen. Because, of course, a Pokemon employee wouldn't be able to just take a screencap or email an image to themselves, they just have to take a picture with their phone, because reasons.

And the content of the image- a fully white screen, except this Pokemon is conveniently at the bottom for someone to take a picture of it? "Hey, everyone, check out my concept art for this new legendary!"
1612819938224.png

Also, they said it was supposed to be a fusion of the lake trio, because, y'know, a fusion of them would just look like their silhouette and be in black and white, it wouldn't try to combine elements of their designs in a unique way or keep their color scheme or anything. And it especially wouldn't try to give the fusion six tails, even though the gems are kind of plot-important.

But there's one cherry on top, the presentation! Because on the 4Chan thread itself, the person is trying to hype it up, but you can tell it's the same person because they have weird grammar. (They initially refer to the Pokemon as "he", even though, y'know, the lake trio is genderless)
1612819671754.png

1612819751936.png

1612819809392.png

Which ones, out of interest? The only ones I used in the originals were Pedometer, which doesn’t make sense in a non-grid-based game, and Affection Tracker, which is superseded by the new affection mechanics (battle entrances etc).

Pedometer- Lets you keep track of Egg hatching in detail. It doesn't matter that it's no longer grid based, they still have a step counter to determine when it hatches.
Dowsing Machine- Do I really need to explain this one?
Day Care Checker- No need to run around in circles waiting for the Day Care Man to tell you your egg is ready, you can go off and do other things while you're waiting
Berry Searcher- Same thing as the Day Care Checker, but for berries
Counter- I've never used this personally, but several people had made great use of this for EV training
Move Tester- Again haven't used, but this is highly useful for casuals that don't know the type chart very well.
Calendar- As is it's pretty useless, but it could be highly useful if they upgraded it to show the duration of in game events (for example, Max Raid events, Pokemon distributions, etc.)
Color Changer- Customization options are always welcome, although they should probably upgrade this to more of a skin/background customization like the Pokegear in HGSS
Matchup Checker- Again, good for casuals that might not know whether or not certain Pokemon can breed, or just for not having to memorize Egg Groups (do you really want to have to memorize the Egg Group of hundreds of Pokemon?)

They also can (and probably will) make the Y-Comm a Poketch app as well, as an upgrade/replacement to the largely useless Link Searcher.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the 3D games still count steps for egg-hatching and the like. Anyway, as a kid, I liked to have my party on the touch screen at all times.

And it especially wouldn't try to give the fusion six tails, even though the gems are kind of plot-important.

You're right about everything else but I have to nitpick that the important gems are the ones in their heads, so a hypothetical fusion wouldn't necessarily need six tails, just three gems in its forehead. (Assuming that's even the direction they wanted to go in with such a thing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom