• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, most of us seem to agree that Sinnoh remakes are very likely to be revealed this month, but here's something I realized. Pokemon Day is on a Saturday, and they never do Directs on the weekend. Would they have it earlier or announce a Pokemon Direct on the 27th for March 1st or 2nd?

Last edited:
This is so funny to me lol

Okay, so, start with just the context of the image. A blurry photo of a computer screen. Because, of course, a Pokemon employee wouldn't be able to just take a screencap or email an image to themselves, they just have to take a picture with their phone, because reasons.

And the content of the image- a fully white screen, except this Pokemon is conveniently at the bottom for someone to take a picture of it? "Hey, everyone, check out my concept art for this new legendary!"

Also, they said it was supposed to be a fusion of the lake trio, because, y'know, a fusion of them would just look like their silhouette and be in black and white, it wouldn't try to combine elements of their designs in a unique way or keep their color scheme or anything. And it especially wouldn't try to give the fusion six tails, even though the gems are kind of plot-important.

But there's one cherry on top, the presentation! Because on the 4Chan thread itself, the person is trying to hype it up, but you can tell it's the same person because they have weird grammar. (They initially refer to the Pokemon as "he", even though, y'know, the lake trio is genderless)
I just post this photo for fun,lol

You're right about everything else but I have to nitpick that the important gems are the ones in their heads, so a hypothetical fusion wouldn't necessarily need six tails, just three gems in its forehead. (Assuming that's even the direction they wanted to go in with such a thing.)
Wait, are you sure? I can't find anything on the red chain's page about that, and Bulbapedia's descriptions for their appearance just mentions them all as candidates for the gems.
It has two tails that each have a red jewel on them. These are, presumably, two of the jewels which complement the Red Chain. Azelf has a partially cyan face with another red gem encrusted into its forehead.
I just post this photo for fun,lol
I'm just going in on the faker, not you for posting it.

You know, most of us seem to agree that Sinnoh remakes are very likely to be revealed this month, but here's something I realized. Pokemon Day is on a Saturday, and they never do Directs on the weekend. Would they have it earlier or announce a Pokemon Direct on the 27th for March 1st or 2nd?

I honestly think we might get the announcement earlier so they can focus on Pokemon as a whole in the February 26th/27th presentation and not only for the DP remakes since these will overshadow everything else in the presentation.

I think it's still likely for Pokemon Day since Japan doesn't have breaks on the weekends.

Wait, are you sure? I can't find anything on the red chain's page about that, and Bulbapedia's descriptions for their appearance just mentions them all as candidates for the gems.

I... thought I was, but now I’m questioning it. Can’t seem to find anything in my notes, and just in general I’m now kinda thinking that maybe the “crystals” that Cyrus takes from them might not literally be the red orbs in their heads/tails but rather something that they have the power to create.

I'm not sure a fourth guardian makes much sense from a lore perspective. The Lake Trio represent the three parts of the spirit similar to the Triforce from LoZ. It would be weird to suddenly tack on a fourth part. A fusion seems a little more likely, though I would imagine it looking quite a bit different from the three base forms.

I... thought I was, but now I’m questioning it. Can’t seem to find anything in my notes, and just in general I’m now kinda thinking that maybe the “crystals” that Cyrus takes from them might not literally be the red orbs in their heads/tails but rather something that they have the power to create.
Yeah, you see them with those orbs when they're trapped in Galactic's machines, don't you? Although it would be cool to have a form for them without the jewels, like those dead Regi edits or the wolves without their crowns!

I'm interested to see if they'll change Candice and Volkner's team from the original D/P in which they have a Medicham and Octillrey to a more mono-type team considering there are more Pokemon of those types available or keep them the same?
The lineups in the original DP were atrocious for the most part. Volkner also had an Ambipom, Flint had Steelix, Lopunny, and Drifblim and Aaron’s ace was...Drapion which lost its Bug-typing. I really hope they use Platinum line-ups or even improve upon them.

Yeeeaaaaahhh, let's just use Platinum's Sinnoh Dex and never speak of DP's terrible rosters again.
At least trainer roster-wise, I feel they could use an hybrid, considering Volkner and Flint's aces in Masters are Luxray and Infernape instead of Electivire and Magmortar. First installment wins?

The lineups in the original DP were atrocious for the most part. Volkner also had an Ambipom, Flint had Steelix, Lopunny, and Drifblim and Aaron’s ace was...Drapion which lost its Bug-typing. I really hope they use Platinum line-ups or even improve upon them.

So that's why I had so much trouble defeating the Sinnoh Elite 4. They aren't using the types they are supposed to be using.

So that's why I had so much trouble defeating the Sinnoh Elite 4. They aren't using the types they are supposed to be using.

Not in DP, anyway. The root cause of the issue was that DP's Sinnoh Dex was horribly imbalanced. The Elite 4 couldn't use the types they're supposed to be using because they weren't enough of them in the Sinnoh Dex to begin with. Most infamously, the only Fire types in DP were Infernape and Rapidash. Platinum rectified the issue by adding 60 more Pokemon to the Sinnoh Dex which gave them more options, so in Platinum Flint had Flareon, Houndoom, and Magmortar to play around with and those additions replaced the somewhat random types they padded out the rosters with.

They do reveals on weekends when its a special occasions (Which Pokemon Day is).

4xefy3b6jmb21.jpg

Obviously a fake,but would you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom