• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 139712
Obviously a fake,but would you like it?
Nopenopenope. Let Let’s Go be its own thing separate from remakes if it even is a thing beyond Kanto at all. Would be so disappointed if this is what the Sinnoh remakes were limited to.

The joycons look ok, though the Diamond one looks a lot better than the Pearl one. I probably wouldn’t buy a second Pokeball+ just for the color change, and the stand looks pricey and not worth it beyond a collector’s item.

The joycons look ok, though the Diamond one looks a lot better than the Pearl one.
They kinda look off considering that the Diamond one has sparkles while the Pearl one is flat. I'd imagine that the Palkia icon would be sparkly, or the white joycon would have a lustrous sheen to contrast with Diamond's sparkles.

I would absolutely be up for a Let's Go version of Diamond and Pearl. I don't want Sword and Shield's sub-par graphics touching these remakes, and Let's Go was a far better game (visually and gameplay wise).

I wouldn't mind a Sinnoh remake with some LGPE features, but the leaker on Twitter has said they won't be branded as such, and probably would be more like SWSH than Let's Go.

Sinnoh can't be done with the LGPE format. It's the anti-casual region.

Sinnoh can't be done with the LGPE format. It's the anti-casual region.

Sinnoh is designed in the same way as the previous games were; i.e., Pokemon yellow. It's actually easier to design the remakes like let's go than to turn it into a Sword and Shield clone because of the scale of the games.

I would absolutely be up for a Let's Go version of Diamond and Pearl. I don't want Sword and Shield's sub-par graphics touching these remakes, and Let's Go was a far better game (visually and gameplay wise).
I’d say you’re probably in the minority here. I wouldn’t say LG’s graphics were better or worse than SwSh; they were just a different style entirely. Personally, I think a Sinnoh remake in the style of SwSh would be much grander and would really set it apart from the originals in a more meaningful way.

As for SwSh graphics, not only would creating an entirely new game give them a chance to improve them further, but I really don’t personally subscribe to the notion that they were that bad in the first place aside from some nitpicks regarding textures and model animations (not that I’m someone who really cares about graphic quality much in the first place). But that’s a conversation for a different thread.

Sinnoh is designed in the same way as the previous games were; i.e., Pokemon yellow. It's actually easier to design the remakes like let's go than to turn it into a Sword and Shield clone because of the scale of the games.

Sinnoh wasn't easy to navigate. It was easy to get lost in a cave. The casual format of LGPE won't fit it.

Well technically they could make it easier to navigate and and more like LGPE, there's nothing physically stopping them from doing so, but that would be destroying Sinnoh's appeal. What sets Sinnoh apart from other regions is because it's larger and more intricately designed and filled with more content. Changing that would make Sinnoh feel like a hollow shell of itself.

Sinnoh wasn't easy to navigate. It was easy to get lost in a cave. The casual format of LGPE won't fit it.

In terms of navigational ease, LGPE is virtually no different from the other Kanto games. The route and dungeon design is untouched.

Like, I love SwSh, but it’s kinda hilarious to compare Silph Co. in LGPE (as much a chaotic teleporter hell as it’s ever been) to Macro Cosmos (a literal elevator ride up).

The Let's Go games can be (and have been) rightfully criticised for a number of things, but the dungeon design is definitely not among them. Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel, Silph Co., and the Pokémon Mansion are still as confusing/challenging to navigate as ever and are certainly more similar to Sinnoh's dungeons than to Galar's (not that any of Galar's "dungeons" would even deserve that name). I also agree with @Johtoo that stylistically the Let's Go graphics fit Pokémon much more than the Sword/Shield ones in general, and that doesn't even take into account the technical problems that the latter have.

In this sense, I would definitely prefer a faithful(-ish) recreation of Sinnoh in the style of Let's Go that keeps Mt. Coronet intact over a "fancy" "realistic" "3D" corridor like the gen. 8 games. Again, I'm strictly talking about the graphics, art style and map design here, not anything gameplay-related; although I personally quite enjoyed Let's Go for what it was, which unfortunately I cannot say about Sword/Shield.

I think people are overreacting to the possibility of having remakes in the LGPE-style. I mean, what exactly is the difference between LGPE and Swoosh? DP already had held items and abilities, if they cut it out that would be shocking. If they cut out HMs, that would actually be fantastic. If there are no megas then it is not so different from Swoosh. IMO, the only significant difference is the lack of wild battles.

Personally though, I am bored of remakes and have no wish for it anymore.

The Let's Go games can be (and have been) rightfully criticised for a number of things, but the dungeon design is definitely not among them. Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel, Silph Co., and the Pokémon Mansion are still as confusing/challenging to navigate as ever and are certainly more similar to Sinnoh's dungeons than to Galar's (not that any of Galar's "dungeons" would even deserve that name). I also agree with @Johtoo that stylistically the Let's Go graphics fit Pokémon much more than the Sword/Shield ones in general, and that doesn't even take into account the technical problems that the latter have.

In this sense, I would definitely prefer a faithful(-ish) recreation of Sinnoh in the style of Let's Go that keeps Mt. Coronet intact over a "fancy" "realistic" "3D" corridor like the gen. 8 games. Again, I'm strictly talking about the graphics, art style and map design here, not anything gameplay-related; although I personally quite enjoyed Let's Go for what it was, which unfortunately I cannot say about Sword/Shield.

The only dungeon alteration I noticed in Let's Go was the removal of the maze from Cerulean Cave's second floor. But this was a positive change in my eyes, plus that floor is now great for finding valuable respawnable items and catching Chansey for experience points, providing an incentive to keep revisiting the cave long after Mewtwo has been caught.

I'm certain that Sinnoh's routes and settlements will retain their original layouts on the Switch. Hopefully the caves will, too. A location doesn't really need to be changed that much to be made more realistic. Take Route 101 for example. The layout in ORAS is identical, the only difference is that the edges of the route are now marked with raised verges, instead of rows of identical trees, for a more "organic" look. The verges are even the exact same shape that RSE's patches of trees used to be, which is pretty neat.

Hoenn_Route_101_RS.png
Screenshot (40).png

I know ORAS has a more grid-based look than SwSh. But in a Switch game you could just make all the edges a bit more curved or wiggly - and perhaps make some of the paths more diagonal - and the layout would still be the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom