• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We finally got an official announcement of announcements.

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1359888634380484610

It is somewhat interesting to see the gen 4 starters depicted with the poffin case. Also, Serebii has stated that this years anniversary has a musical motif; they're even giving out a special Pikachu with Sing. I wonder if that's indicative of anything other than the concert they are doing.

We finally got an official announcement of announcements.

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1359888634380484610

It is somewhat interesting to see the gen 4 starters depicted with the poffin case. Also, Serebii has stated that this years anniversary has a musical motif; they're even giving out a special Pikachu with Sing. I wonder if that's indicative of anything other than the concert they are doing.

I can see the games being left for the end of the week to build some last minute hype.

Last edited:
I don't know that that's really a clue at anything, though, since they've got all the starters with items from their generation.
To be honest, I'd say the most interesting thing is the fact that the Galar starters are shown with things from Pokémon camping and not their generational gimmick, unlike the gen 6 and 7 starters.

Also the unova starters are costumed.

Anyone remember? Anyone?

The Poffin Case hopefully means Super Contest is back. I'm just worried about how they will code every possible prop combination on however many Pokemon will be in the game. In the original game, it was very seamless as the prop didn't lock on to any particular part. But now, I'm not sure how they will make the prop feature work on 400+ 3D models like that, unless they decide to do it for Pikachu and Eevee but not the rest of the Pokemon in the game, which would be disappointing, but very possible.

An alternative way would be using the left joystick for the position of the prop while the right joystick rotates it. To make this easier, there are alternative modes for both joysticks: reverse for the left joystick click (which would normally move the prop forward, with reverse, it moves backward) while the right joystick controls the camera.

Last edited:
I don't know that that's really a clue at anything, though, since they've got all the starters with items from their generation.

I was referring more to the fact that they chose the poffin case over something else from gen 4, though I guess there aren't a lot of other options besides the explorer kit

But now, I'm not sure how they will make the prop feature work on 400+ 3D models like that, unless they decide to do it for Pikachu and Eevee but not the rest of the Pokemon in the game, which would be disappointing, but very possible.
They'll do it for Pikachu, Eevee, and Charizard. Don't forget big red!

The Poffin Case really is somewhat unexpected to me, I would've though the Underground Explorer Kit would be a more obvious choice?

I’m assuming it’s because you didn’t involve your Pokémon with the Underground. All of the other items the starters are holding are directly connected to interaction with your ‘mons.

In speaking about the Underground, I hope they give its music a proper remix. And I hope they don't make the music sound generic, I want it to keep that magic that the original had.

On a side note, memories of playing Pokemon Diamond when I was 11 came flooding back to me recently.

Following on from what I said earlier about making environments more realistic without changing the layout, here's a sketch of what I think Route 201 could look like on the Switch. Same layout, just with more curves :)

IMG_1211.JPG

Edit: I just realized there should be another patch of tall grass in the bottom right corner. Just pretend that it's there!

Last edited:
Following on from what I said earlier about making environments more realistic without changing the layout, here's a sketch of what I think Route 201 could look like on the Switch. Same layout, just with more curves :)

Edit: I just realized there should be another patch of tall grass in the bottom right corner. Just pretend that it's there!

I would love to see that, but I don't think they'll do it. They probably won't see it as worth the effort and thinking making it as blocky as LGPE is fine.

GF could care less about the Kalosian Pokémon

I think it’s less “couldn’t care less” and more that most starter trios get shuffled off after their main game is no longer being promoted. Other than a couple outliers (Piplup, Greninja), the Kanto and Hoenn starters seem to get more attention paid than most, but they also come from games that sort of defined the franchise.

Kanto is obvious (the OGs), and Hoenn because it was the start of the gameplay we’ve come to expect; exclusive box legendaries that play a major part in the story, abilities, villains who drive the story, etc.

On some level, it feels a little odd that the Kalos starters never got access to their game’s big gimmick; but when you look at the mega roster, they never included ‘mons after Gen IV (barring the event-exclusive Diancie). And the whole schtick behind mega evolution was that it gave new opportunities for old Pokémon to shine.

With that view, it would have been weird for them to give brand-new Pokémon (and the region mascots at that) a mega evolution. I’m not saying that it was the right decision, but it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom