• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If, for example, Centiskorch had been introduced in Sun & Moon, I don’t think anybody would be looking at it thinking “It doesn’t look finished...”
Centiskorch was introduced in Sword & Shield, not Alola. But it may be a fine addition to the Sinnoh Pokédex if Platinum's expansion isn't enough.

What about the Oreburg Mine? That place was only used to find Roark during the story, but I feel like it's going to be expanded upon.

What about the Oreburg Mine? That place was only used to find Roark during the story, but I feel like it's going to be expanded upon.
I hope a lot of places get expanded upon. The Fuego Ironworks is kind of a pitiful dungeon as well, and I'd like to see it get more significance, like maybe a link to Iron Island or something. Mr. Backlot's mansion is another place; I remember it having a ton of doors you couldn't go through, and I think it would work well as a place where you can unlock certain Pokemon you couldn't find in the original games.

You want to talk useless dungeons? Ravaged Path. Show of hands, how many people even remember this dungeon exists? Pretty much serves no other purpose but to barricade you with Rock Smash boulders until you beat Roark. Nothing to catch there other than stuff that's already in other dungeons, nothing else aside from a TM you Surf to, would anyone even miss this if they just cut this one and replace it with stairs up to the north side of Rt. 204?

I'm kind of hoping that in these remakes, they replace HMs with a system similar to Monster Hunter Stories where each Pokémon has field abilities.

Masuda once made a tweet hinting at Sun and Moon, and later another one for the Let's Go games. It's easy this post could also contain a hint we just don't understand yet.
Yeah, but his hints tend to be pretty direct in their referencing. There's no way to pull any mention of Sinnoh or Diamond/Pearl out of this tweet, it's just him saying "it's been a while since I was in Game Freak," which makes sense, because Game Freak was likely working from home like everyone else during the pandemic.

Yeah, but his hints tend to be pretty direct in their referencing. There's no way to pull any mention of Sinnoh or Diamond/Pearl out of this tweet, it's just him saying "it's been a while since I was in Game Freak," which makes sense, because Game Freak was likely working from home like everyone else during the pandemic.
It does make sense, but the photo of the sky seems a bit random.

Masuda once made a tweet hinting at Sun and Moon, and later another one for the Let's Go games. It's easy this post could also contain a hint we just don't understand yet.

tbh, Masuda is also known to be trolling (Remember that Capybara tweet and those Go tweets with time and dates which lead to nothing)

Anyways

What if we still get the traditional remakes for the traditional games (Read: The original set), but we get Lets Go style games for the third versions and the sequels. Would separate both Lets Go and the OG remakes from eachother.

tbh, Masuda is also known to be trolling (Remember that Capybara tweet and those Go tweets with time and dates which lead to nothing)

Anyways

What if we still get the traditional remakes for the traditional games (Read: The original set), but we get Lets Go style games for the third versions and the sequels. Would separate both Lets Go and the OG remakes from eachother.

The thing is that I don't see why you would play Let's Go if those exist.

Why would I play a game with annoying mechanics and with a lot of stuff stripped down from the regular while the regular thing with everything and more is right there.

For Kanto they could get away with it since the last remake for it was on the GameBoy Advance. But if you remake Diamond and Pearl regularly and Platinum in a Let's Go variant, I doubt people will play the latter purely because all that is stripped down from the DP remakes.

UNless you, let's say, don't put in any battle gimmick in the regular and (new) Megas for example into the Let's Go ones to give them a notable difference and reason to be picked up, but at that point, that's also asking for an outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom