• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But where did you get that from?

Reverse Google turns up a Twitter post and weibo for me

Those are nice looking logos. Not gonna' assume whether they're real or not, but I will say I like how they synergize with the look of the SwSh logos. The names are outside-the-box and thematic in a way I could actually see happening, unlike most of the usual suggestions which lean hard on time/space concepts.

Masuda has stated in an interview when ORAS came around that they explicitly didn't add the Battle Frontier because kids nowadays have lower attention spans because phones. While there's certainly a lot to discuss and criticize in this statement, it does serve as a precedent that the Battle Frontier is unlikely to come back, except maybe as an Expansion Pack with their own storyline.

Masuda was right though. Most kids don't have the patience or the free time to spend hours at the Battle Frontier. Today's children have much busier lives than in 2004 and you can see this with the smartphone games they play. Its mostly simplistic stuff like Hungry Shark Evolution or Among Us. If they find one game too hard they will move on to a different game rather than wasting their precious time on something they aren't enjoying.

View attachment 139989
Guuuys,what are you thinking about this?

I don't think it's real. Diamonds and time don't really have much to do with the sky, do they? So why SkyDiamond?

OceanPearl makes sense but the names feel a little generic as far as remake names go.

Definitely cool-looking logos though.

For me it could go either way. I've read somewhere in here that we'll have a big announcement next weak (right?), so leaks wouldn't really impress me.

But those logos look rather plain and simplistic... Just compare those to Sword and Shield's, or Sun and Moon's for eg.

Masuda was right though. Most kids don't have the patience or the free time to spend hours at the Battle Frontier. Today's children have much busier lives than in 2004 and you can see this with the smartphone games they play. Its mostly simplistic stuff like Hungry Shark Evolution or Among Us. If they find one game too hard they will move on to a different game rather than wasting their precious time on something they aren't enjoying.

I don't think it's real. Diamonds and time don't really have much to do with the sky, do they? So why SkyDiamond?

OceanPearl makes sense but the names feel a little generic as far as remake names go.

Definitely cool-looking logos though.
Sky diamonds are the most expensive type of diamond.

Attachments

• descarga.jpeg
    descarga.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 46
Barry out here wondering why his dad is just sitting job-less at home everyday doing nothing.
Battle Tower might still exist.
That still isn’t evidence of Palmer as the Battle Tower’s boss. ORAS had a copy-paste Battle Maison despite the original Ruby and Sapphire having a Battle Tower. Game Freak didn’t even bother to change the facility’s trainers and rosters, including the exact same bosses. They could very well make Leon the boss of the Battle Tower in the Sinnoh remakes because of this tendency despite the fact that it makes no sense for him to be there.

That could also be taken to mean they're legitimate.
How so? It appears that only modern games with direct connections, i.e. BW and B2W2 and SM and USUM, have logos that resemble each other, most likely to underscore said connections. Otherwise, it appears that the logos are different, most likely to help give each pair of games its own identity.

Ehh, if it were BW remakes I could see the argument for a connection since Unova is probably an old Galarian colony. So there are a lot of ways where Galarian influence and references could be added without much issue.

But there isn't a lot of connections between Hokkaido and the UK and even thematically DPP seems to be rather different than SwSh

That still isn’t evidence of Palmer as the Battle Tower’s boss. ORAS had a copy-paste Battle Maison despite the original Ruby and Sapphire having a Battle Tower. Game Freak didn’t even bother to change the facility’s trainers and rosters, including the exact same bosses. They could very well make Leon the boss of the Battle Tower in the Sinnoh remakes because of this tendency despite the fact that it makes no sense for him to be there.

Hold it there!

You forgot about Leon's sole and only personality trait!

Getting lost on even the easiest of paths and ending up in places he doesn't even know!

The foreshadowing was there all along!

But there isn't a lot of connections between Hokkaido and the UK and even thematically DPP seems to be rather different than SwSh

Well, themes can be whatever they want - not much about the original Ruby and Sapphire gestured toward the ideas of wealth inequality or Malthusian dilemmas or perceptions of beauty, but they still managed to find other ways to link Kalos (France) and Hoenn (Kyushu) - using the diametric opposition of Teams Magma and Aqua to further XY's emphasis on compromise and coming together, and also seizing upon the prominence of RS's two magical stone MacGuffins and a Champion who collects stones in order to fold Mega Evolution into the narrative. I've said before that the spacetime business in DP is pretty much begging to be linked to Dynamax in a similar way. And there's the mechanical similarities between the Wild Area and the Underground (and the Crown Tundra leaned directly onto this as it aped DP's method of obtaining Spiritomb). Alternatively, you could look at how they talked about SwSh's "themes" being strength and the aspiration to become the top Trainer. DP in a sense is kind of about obtaining the "strongest" or "ultimate" power, with its more-or-less universe creator gods serving as the game mascots. There's a lot of ways they could play it - not that it strictly justifies the logos being so similar. But of course, I don't think "the logos being similar" would necessarily need some elaborate justification, either - maybe it's just a simple style change, like the decision with SwSh to have the Japanese logos break precedent and use the same ugly blue and yellow font that the English games have always used on the word "Pokémon."

That said, for several games now (excluding everyone's favourite statistical outliers, LGPE), they've made it kind of a point to replace the top stroke in the ン part of the Japanese logo with some kind of symbol linked to a new mechanic or feature:

X_Version_logo_Jp.png

Pok%C3%A9mon_Omega_Ruby_JP_logo.png

Sun_Version_logo_Jp.png

Pok%C3%A9mon_Ultra_Moon_logo_JP.png

Pok%C3%A9mon_Sword_logo_JP.png

And these DP remake logos don't have anything like that, so... evidence of fakery, or another style shift? You be the judge.

Last edited:
While the game's titles do seem to be done in a simpler font, the logos overall are strikingly similar to SwSh's in my opinion, which is one of the reasons why I think this may be a fake.
I didn't mean just the fonts, but the whole drawing overall.

Tne Sword\Shield title have little effects and nice color and lines details the SkyDiamond\OceanPearl don't (which seem pretty plain in my opinion). The little strokes that starts the N kana (ン) in Monsters is the Gym logo in SwSh and only a ball in the two others. The backgrounds are average figures with only a few color details while in SwSh they're way more developed and cool-looking, etc etc...

Could be real, of course, but like many others here I doubt it.

Now I'm wondering why they made the Japanese logo of Sword and Shield yellow and blue. Maybe it was to make the branding more consistent internationally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom