• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm wondering why they made the Japanese logo of Sword and Shield yellow and blue. Maybe it was to make the branding more consistent internationally?

That’s always been my guess. Presumably the blue and yellow has become extremely recognizable across the globe since it’s used on basically everything Pokémon-related, so streamlining it across the whole brand makes sense.

View attachment 139989
Guuuys,what are you thinking about this?
I think it's an awkward-looking fake.
  • "Sky Diamond" is a decent concept on its own, but would be confused for a generation with Explorers of Sky's mascot, Shaymin
  • That diamond shape looks like a really generic gemstone shape, which is weird for a remake of a game that never actually used that for its logo.
  • SpinyShell pointed out, they really just copied SwSh's logo and made a minor change. Which is not what Game Freak likes to do with Japanese logos.
1613777153570.png

Unless there is a connection.
Yeah the connection is that they took it from the SwSh logo lol.

View attachment 139989
Guuuys,what are you thinking about this?

I absolutely love these logo designs. Like the Sword and Shield logos, they each come with a cool symbol that could be used in the corner of players' league cards. I very much doubt that they're the genuine article (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Pokemon game logos have ever leaked before, have they?) but I'd be really happy if they were.

Hold it there!

You forgot about Leon's sole and only personality trait!

Getting lost on even the easiest of paths and ending up in places he doesn't even know!

The foreshadowing was there all along!
Ending up in a whole other continent would be too lost. If the Battle Tower returns in the Sinnoh remakes, it can copy the one from Wyndon but Palmer has to be in charge.

Figured I’d pop on over to Centro Leaks’ Twitter to see if they’ve said anything in a while:

(correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Pokemon game logos have ever leaked before, have they?)

My memory of the time is a bit fuzzy, but I’m fairly sure that SM’s logos leaked a couple of days before they were officially announced.

Last edited:
I would literally die if they made Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin all available in the actual game. Please don't let me down, Game Freak!

Should honestly be a platinum/opal/earth episode for Giratina (it's the third member of the trio).

Should honestly be a platinum/opal/earth episode for Giratina (it's the third member of the trio).
I don't really see them doing an episode for a Pokemon that can already be caught in the main game, but it would be really cool, especially since Turnback Cave didn't really have much plot to it in DP.

I imagine that after the backlash from ORAS not including the Battle Frontier after HGSS did, they'll reconsider that omission from Gen 6. Plus, this helps them out when the eventual Johto remakes come as well, as they can do exactly what they did in Gen 4, which is port the Sinnoh Battle Frontier over to Johto.

I think when they ported that Battle Frontier over to begin with, that's what set people's expectations relatively high for Hoenn remakes including the Battle Frontier whether they were RS remakes or a E remake.

HGSS sort of gave us the idea that "oh, so they'll match or exceed the content available in the third versions of the games being remade". On top of Crystal's Battle Tower, we had received a whole complex of facilities. I really hope they go back to that.

I imagine that after the backlash from ORAS not including the Battle Frontier after HGSS did, they'll reconsider that omission from Gen 6. Plus, this helps them out when the eventual Johto remakes come as well, as they can do exactly what they did in Gen 4, which is port the Sinnoh Battle Frontier over to Johto.

I think when they ported that Battle Frontier over to begin with, that's what set people's expectations relatively high for Hoenn remakes including the Battle Frontier whether they were RS remakes or a E remake.

HGSS sort of gave us the idea that "oh, so they'll match or exceed the content available in the third versions of the games being remade". On top of Crystal's Battle Tower, we had received a whole complex of facilities. I really hope they go back to that.

I doubt it, to be honest...
Any further Johto remakes would be LGPE in style, and rather than include anything that was in FRLG or any later game, they cut everything out that wasn’t in RBGY...so I expect they’d do the same here. Maybe they’d still have Megas, though?

I don't really see them doing an episode for a Pokemon that can already be caught in the main game, but it would be really cool, especially since Turnback Cave didn't really have much plot to it in DP.

At the very least, I doubt Giratina would be the “prize” of the episode. But they could certainly still have it play a role in it like how Rayquaza was the backbone of the Delta Episode leading up to Deoxys - after all, the connection between Giratina and Arceus is readily apparent. Maybe we could finally learn more about why Giratina was banished - and more about Giratina in general, since even Platinum is very vague about it - and those revelations would lead the characters to have a realization about Arceus, like what already happens in Platinum (where Giratina’s appearance makes Cynthia rethink the Celestic Town painting) but writ large.

Well deoxys was in the game in oras it's no weird think about Arceus Inthe same way.

True! I think Deoxys was chosen as an opponent for Rayquaza in the Delta Episode because the two had been associated in the past (in the seventh movie and also the TCG). Giratina and Arceus have an even closer connection. It could be that it's a Platinum Episode focusing on Giratina, but with a battle against Arceus occuring at the end as well.

So far, my biggest hope for DP remakes has been the inclusion of the Distortion World. But if they were to go a step further and make Arceus catchable as well, these might just end up being some of my favourite games of all time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom