• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legendaries/Mythicals should all be given seperate episodes/side stories. It feels undeserving and somewhat lazy to hand legendaries out via events and it hurts the mistique of catching one. I don't want to be just handed a legendary, I want to go through a story that extends its lore and leaves me wanting to catch it. It's far more rewarding than receiving it as a gift and dumping it straight into your pc box.

I doubt it, to be honest...
Any further Johto remakes would be LGPE in style, and rather than include anything that was in FRLG or any later game, they cut everything out that wasn’t in RBGY...so I expect they’d do the same here. Maybe they’d still have Megas, though?

Well, considering that Dynamax is the current "generational gimmick", it's almost a guarantee that Sinnoh remakes are going to have them. I was thinking they could include their own original Battle Frontier rather than copy facilities from the Hoenn or SinJoh Frontiers, maybe these new facilities act sort of like the World Coronation Tournament from Pokemon Journeys, and would allow for the use of Dynamax Pokemon.

This seems like a more appropriate way to include Dynamax Pokemon than just shoehorning it into the story somehow, sort of the same way Megas were included in Alola without having a core involvement in the story.

Honestly, even if they just port the Battle Tower from SwSh as a standalone facility, but have Palmer and maybe other notable characters (Champions, Rivals, Gym Leaders, etc.) all battle you inside it, that would be fine.

Screenshot_20210222-102533.png

Remember this? All of jotho plushies ¿Let's Go to Jotho?

I just went through his tweets back to Feb 14th and didn't see anything like that...
Remember this? All of jotho plushies ¿Let's Go to Jotho?
I mean, not really a hint at a Gen 4 remake like this thread is about, but I guess there's no designated place for speculation about the next games in general.

I really doubt it's any kind of intentional hint. They're mixed in with a lot of Kanto mons, too (Slowpoke, Lapras, Mewtwo, Sandshrew), so it'd be weird to throw them in as ahint but just ignore the plushies that weren't supposed to be hints. And wasn't this a while ago, anyways?

Out of curiosity (I don't know if this has been asked before), but what do you guys think of the possibility of ''Sinnoh Forms'' in the remakes being a thing?
I don't, I expect more Gmax forms or similar, but regional forms in a remake? Not really. Then again, thiese are going to be the first remakes to be in a generation where regional forms are a thing.

I don't, I expect more Gmax forms or similar, but regional forms in a remake? Not really. Then again, thiese are going to be the first remakes to be in a generation where regional forms are a thing.
This is actually something I've wondered ever since Alola got announced/released. Cuz since Galar also has it's own exclusive variations, it's not really a ''generation gimmick'' in the sense of something like Z-Moves and Dynamax. It's starting to feel more and more like it's gonna be a ''core thing'' for now on. And I do wish it could happen. Maybe it could mitigate some issues, like the lack of Fire types and even Fairies to a certain degree. And maybe even regional evolutions like in Galar too.

Out of curiosity (I don't know if this has been asked before), but what do you guys think of the possibility of ''Sinnoh Forms'' in the remakes being a thing?

It can only be mons from gen 5 to 7 (I doubt Galar regional forms would be a thing, since its the most recent game and the current generation).

Like, i can see some Fire type regional forms, alongside Ice types (Makes no sense if we don't get Ice type regional forms if we get them, because Sinnoh is the coldest region).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom