• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen some pretty salty Let's Go supporters saying they have been tricked. Pokemon didn't trick you, lol.
Really omg. And were they right?
Nope, the chairs didn't match the color scheme of said character at all.

It was said by Centro Pokemon that we won't have to wait until the 27th for a main-game announcement this week.
Which is just a tad bit off to me. You would think that a main game announcement would be reserved to the 27th tho. Like, if they announce the remakes, which by themselves are highly anticipated by pretty much the whole fandom, prior to the 27th, then what else are they gonna announce when the day comes? I don't think it's gonna be gen 9, that's WAY too early, even by TPC standarts.

And slightly off-topic, but I wouldn't trust Centro blindly neither. Not any ''famous leaker'', for the matter. Not to thrash talk, since they seem to have a reliable source and dataminers for them and got tons of stuff right, but even they got their wrongs.

I don't recall the whole thing tho, but I remember that there was this one time, around 2019-2020, where they said they ''for sure'' new that a new Pokémon game (I think it was Pokémon Sleep, but I might be wrong on this one) was gonna be announced to be released in X day (also don't recall the exact date they calimed tbh), and when it wasn't, people were of course upset and mad at Centro for having ''lied'' to them, and a whole storm happened where the person behind the account blocked a LOT of people, and they even layed low for a while after that. Believe what you want from leaks, but don't be mad if it doesn't happens like you were ''promised''. (also I mean you not you especifically, but as anyone reading this)

It can only be mons from gen 5 to 7

It can be whatever they want. It's just a matter of how much they care about the "continuity" of species from 1-4 not having regional forms in the original games. But if we absolutely need a "solution" to that (and I don't think we necessarily do), there's already an easy one that's readily available: Multiverse.

Did we get any hints in gen 8 (Sw&sh) what remake could happen?

People will interpret anything and everything as a "hint" for whatever they hope to see, so the vast majority of answers to this question are going to be steeped in confirmation bias. Especially since it's not unusual for the games to contain call-backs and Easter eggs that refer to older games, which after the confirmation of a remake, can be reframed as having been "hints all along" even if they weren't intended to be. There were lots of alleged DP remake """hints""" in Sun & Moon that turned out to just be benign references, and I guarantee you that all of the Gen 1 nods in those games were not "foreshadowing" Let's Go, which seemingly wasn't even thought of yet.

Has anyone done a breakdown of how many Pokémon per gen are programmed into Sword and Shield?

Some people have posted them here and there. I'll go digging for one, but off the top of my head, I seem to recall that it's actually Johto and Hoenn with the least representation.

EDIT: lol found my own post

Last edited:
Yes, people brought this up before. I don’t think that means anything. It’s probably was meant to showcase the Johto line of the Pokémon Sitting Cuties series.

Agreed, we really don’t need people shouting about how Let’s Go Johto is now certain again - remember this was in the Snap announcement which ended with a comment about another big announcement coming in a couple of days. People went on and on about the plushies meaning Let’s Go Johto then getting super pissed off when the big announcement was Unite!

Which is just a tad bit off to me. You would think that a main game announcement would be reserved to the 27th tho. Like, if they announce the remakes, which by themselves are highly anticipated by pretty much the whole fandom, prior to the 27th, then what else are they gonna announce when the day comes? I don't think it's gonna be gen 9, that's WAY too early, even by TPC standarts.

I don't think they necessarily need to "top" the announcement on the 27th. Like some other people have said, the 27th is a Saturday which is a somewhat unusual day for a game announcement; they might prefer weekdays for business and/or visibility reasons. Additionally, the Post Malone concert is scheduled for the 27th so that might be where the majority of the attention is that day, as it's a more franchise-wide celebratory thing. (I could also see them doing a sort of "recap" of everything they've announced prior to that concert as a bit of pre-show hype. "As we prepare to commemorate the past 25 years, here's a reminder of everything we have to look forward to in the future etc.")

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom