• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1614034192763.png

This guy leaked some SW/Sh stuff so take with a little bit of salt,anyways there are rumors after all, but I don't know what they mean ¿Two games? ¿A DP remakes with lgpe mechanic's? Some mechanic's are cool like pokeride I don't know.

Probbably a fake leak, but screenshotted anyway.

1614041141371.png

Go catching mechanics in DP remakes would be the quickest way for them to ruin them. There are some ways they could potentially make them work, such as having them exclusive to the Safari Zone or having you weaken the Pokemon like normal and then launching into the Go catching mechanics when you throw the Poke Ball (but I expect a change like that to happen in a new gen like 9th gen, not a mid gen remake). But if it's like LGPE where there's no wild battles at all and you only catch Pokemon with the motion control waggle mechanics? Yeah, that's instantly going to ruin the games and cause controversy and I'm not touching any game that continues to implement that catching system with a 10 foot pole.

This guy leaked some SW/Sh stuff so take with a little bit of salt,anyways there are rumors after all, but I don't know what they mean ¿Two games? ¿A DP remakes with lgpe mechanic's? Some mechanic's are cool like pokeride I don't know.
It reads to me like they're saying there's remakes and a game called "Let's Go: Catching", which sounds dumb as hell.

I'm skeptical of this- this account only has some 500 followers, which is not at all what I'd expect for an account that broke SwSh leaks. (For comparison, CentroLeaks has 93.4k followers, and PixelPar, who leaked LGPE, has 16k) I'm pretty sure those tweets of them "leaking" SwSh Pokemon is just them taking someone else's leak and passing it off as their own. It's definitely happened before: There were rumors and leaks about Banjo Kazooie being in Smash, even an article on June 5th about it, and oh, what a surprise, Regizap says the same thing a few days later, as if they were the first to leak it.

Discussion on the leaks from that time said that these pics were from an account that "went up, posted, then went down", which doesn't track with an account that's been around since July 2019.

Some people were even calling them out on sharing stuff that's already been shared by someone else in their earlier "leaks", or even outright faking things

Regizap's just the worst kind of person in leak season- the kind that will lie and steal and fake predictions just to get attention.

"Ages of Diamond and Chambers of Pearl" is the stupidest name ever, I appreciate them being so awful about it.

"I know about the marketing schedule for several games, including this new mobile game, and the gameplay of these games, and the release of them! Sure, there's no position where you should know about all that at once and still feel comfortable leaking it, but don't question that!"

"Crasher Wake is black now" LMAO yeah the same company that took a decade to let you evolve Leafeon with the Leaf Stone is going to retcon a character's race

"Any references to explosions were taken out", wow I'd hate to have any explosion in my Pokemon game, where I can teach Voltorb the move Explosion

Why the hell would you need to sync up a phone for the GTS, it's not even like a Nintendo online thing or anything, so they're not profiting from it in any way.

It reads to me like they're saying there's remakes and a game called "Let's Go: Catching", which sounds dumb as hell.

I'm skeptical of this- this account only has some 500 followers, which is not at all what I'd expect for an account that broke SwSh leaks. (For comparison, CentroLeaks has 93.4k followers, and PixelPar, who leaked LGPE, has 16k) I'm pretty sure those tweets of them "leaking" SwSh Pokemon is just them taking someone else's leak and passing it off as their own. It's definitely happened before: There were rumors and leaks about Banjo Kazooie being in Smash, even an article on June 5th about it, and oh, what a surprise, Regizap says the same thing a few days later, as if they were the first to leak it.

Discussion on the leaks from that time said that these pics were from an account that "went up, posted, then went down", which doesn't track with an account that's been around since July 2019.

Some people were even calling them out on sharing stuff that's already been shared by someone else in their earlier "leaks", or even outright faking things

Regizap's just the worst kind of person in leak season- the kind that will lie and steal and fake predictions just to get attention.

"Ages of Diamond and Chambers of Pearl" is the stupidest name ever, I appreciate them being so awful about it.

"I know about the marketing schedule for several games, including this new mobile game, and the gameplay of these games, and the release of them! Sure, there's no position where you should know about all that at once and still feel comfortable leaking it, but don't question that!"

"Crasher Wake is black now" LMAO yeah the same company that took a decade to let you evolve Leafeon with the Leaf Stone is going to retcon a character's race

"Any references to explosions were taken out", wow I'd hate to have any explosion in my Pokemon game, where I can teach Voltorb the move Explosion

Why the hell would you need to sync up a phone for the GTS, it's not even like a Nintendo online thing or anything, so they're not profiting from it in any way.

ORAS made the player characters slightly more darker-skinned (and did the same to some of the villains for whatever reason)

Skeptical mainly due to
  • Dynamax being relegated to DLC. Also Giratina and Arceus Episodes sound like they lifted them from common fan ideas.
  • Poffin making being a curry reskin. Poké Blocks weren't a reskin of Pokémon Amie; the two mechanics were kept separate.
  • GTS returning with phone sync but no mention of HOME's GTS.
  • Super Contests return except with motion-control dancing. I'd imagine the dress-up part would be removed entirely or altered drastically enough to be notable.

ORAS made the player characters slightly more darker-skinned (and did the same to some of the villains for whatever reason)
"Slightly more darker-skinned" is not the same as making someone black lol.
1614042177439.png
I'll cop to the Archie change, but it's worth pointing out that A) Archive never appeared outside of RSE until ORAS, Crasher Wake appears in BW in the PWT and even in a brief overworld cutscene, and B) Archie's changes to his design included a lot more than just "they made him black".

It's this
1614042545635.png

versus this
1614042551105.png

It also strikes me as some sort of "Oh look they made him black for diversity" take, when they could easily just give skin tone customization and introduce a new black character to the story (like how Zinnia was introduced in ORAS) rather than retcon one gym leader and leave it at that.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Still, though, given how sketchy Regizap is, I'm more inclined to believe this is just "Oh yeah they're talking about remakes too", and not "Oh yeah this guy who just steals other people's leaks is totally legit and knowledgable."

Also I just noticed that Regizap's saying we should expect a Pokemon direct... on the week of Pokemon Day.
1614043238817.png

My Prediction: There will be a MINOR Let's Go Game announced this Week. Sinnoh Remakes will be announced in May/June.

Remakes have NEVER been announced in February. I don't see ANY REASON to think DP Remakes will be announced in this week.

Can see this lets go catching game to be a F2P game for the Switch targeted for the younger audience too young to walk around the town with a smartphone on their hands.

My Prediction: There will be a MINOR Let's Go Game announced this Week. Sinnoh Remakes will be announced in May/June.

Remakes have NEVER been announced in February. I don't see ANY REASON to think DP Remakes will be announced in this week.

Oh boy. The fans are already pissed about Goh seemingly replacing Ash as the protagonist of the cartoon they are going to be MAD if this happens.

The only reason I would think this time might be different is because it’s the 25th anniversary and there’s a ton of hype with Post Malone etc. I don’t think they would go as far as hyping up the event with big celebrities for there to only be a minor game announcement.

Remakes have NEVER been announced in February.
I mean, that's true, but with only four remakes out there, there's only so many months they can cover. May definitely seems more likely looking at patterns, since ORAS, LGPE, and HGSS were all announced then, but I don't think it's really logical to say that you can totally rule out all other months because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom