• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I don't consider CentroPokemon as reliable. All they do is copy and paste whatever someone on Reddit is saying. The SWSH leaks came from a review copy of the game. They Just reposted the images. Nintendo sent review copies before the leaks started. Crown Tundra's leaks came from HOME when they were updating the servers with Crown Tundra's info before the release of the DLC.

View: https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1191126441813000194

Thoughts on this cover-art leak?
1614045397078.png

Also I don't consider CentroPokemon as reliable. All they do is copy and paste whatever someone on Reddit is saying. The SWSH leaks came from a review copy of the game. They Just reposted the images. Nintendo sent review copies before the leaks started. Crown Tundra's leaks came from HOME when they were updating the servers with Crown Tundra's info before the release of the DLC.

View: https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1191126441813000194

Then what about these?

Oh boy. The fans are already pissed about Goh seemingly replacing Ash as the protagonist of the cartoon they are going to be MAD if this happens.

Wait, people are mad about that? I like Goh. He's like one of us, he's sort of like someone playing one of the games. He's more relatable than Ash, I'll be glad if they park Ash after Journeys concludes and he beats Leon or whatever.

Back on topic though, I don't see the problem with Let's Go catching, it's just a different take on the same thing, it's just Safari Zone mechanics applied to the whole game. I just think they should make it optional. If you want to fight, fight, if you want to chuck Pokeballs, chuck Pokeballs. To each his own.

Sinnoh is my favourite region, but let's go was miles better than sword and shield. If we get a sinnoh remake, I win. If we get another let's go game, I win. I skipped sword and shield, but I certainly won't skip another let's go game. Or sinnoh for that matter.

Sinnoh is my favourite region, but let's go was miles better than sword and shield. If we get a sinnoh remake, I win. If we get another let's go game, I win. I skipped sword and shield, but I certainly won't skip another let's go game. Or sinnoh for that matter.

I'm sort of indifferent between SwSh and LGPE, I liked how different LGPE was but at the same time, how it felt so homey, it was a familiar, nostalgic feeling, SwSh was kinda like coming out of the nostalgia and being like "okay back to business this is your typical new generation Pokemon game" but it just wasn't as fun. I hate to say it but nostalgia is like one of the primary forces behind selling these games to me lol. Sword and Shield was the first main series games ever where I didn't buy both versions, and I'll probably buy both versions of Sinnoh remakes just because I love Sinnoh so much.

Out of curiosity (I don't know if this has been asked before), but what do you guys think of the possibility of ''Sinnoh Forms'' in the remakes being a thing?
I think Sinnoh could use some to make up for its lack of Fire types.

I wouldn't expect anything tomorrow considering its a holiday in Japan, but its possible we could get an announcement Wednesday for a Thursday morning Direct. Centro and Kelios both say we won't have to wait until the 27th.

Last edited:
I think Sinnoh could use some to make up for its lack of Fire types.

I wouldn't expect anything tomorrow considering its a holiday in Japan, but its possible we could get an announcement Wednesday for a Thursday morning Direct. Centro and Kelios both say we won't have to wait until the 27th.

There isn't an actual lack of Fire-types if you take the Platinum Dex into account as I mentioned a page or two back, only DP seriously had this issue.

Some rumours floating around that Let's Go and Diamond and Pearl will be revealed. I doubt it, but that would be the perfect announcement for me.

Make of this what you will, but when a VGC World Champion starts hyping something, you know there's some merit to this.

View: https://twitter.com/WolfeyGlick/status/1364048762453303300?s=20

I don't know. Youtubers thrive on influence and hype. Last time I checked Wolfe doesn't work for TPC so why would he have insider information? In fact, if he did have insider info it would be kind of stupid to share that with all his followers if you think about it. It would betray the company's trust in him and limit future opportunities and deals with them. He wouldn't know more than anyone else unless a leaker (who also has to be accurate) shared it specifically with him only, which doesn't really make sense. I wouldn't say he's more credible than anyone else on Twitter just because he has a big following and is VGC champion.

I don't think that's the case, I think it's rather that their status and connections in the community means they probably know some reputable sources and leakers.
I guess. I just don't really see why a leaker would contact a popular figure to share the information rather than leak it themselves and get the attention for it, or just post anonymously if they didn't want attention. He's also made a point of saying he avoided leaks for SwSh-

View: https://twitter.com/WolfeyGlick/status/1193968155024072704

Seems to me more like he's kidding around rather than suddenly getting the scoop and asking for retweets for it.
In what way are those two things related?
I thought I made it pretty clear? Game Freak hates to do retcons- that's why new evolutions of existing Pokemon would always be given new evolution methods, rather than just change existing items. So, even though the Leaf Stone was right there to make Leafeon a thing, they made it evolve via the Moss Rock, because that way they'd avoid retconning the fact that the Leaf Stone didn't work on Eevee in previous games. And to keep it working this way, they had to make a point of having a Moss Rock and and Ice Rock in each game after, with the exception of HGSS. They only just now reconsidered that setup with SwSh. So if Game Freak is so adverse to retcons that they'd do all that just to make it where an item would have the same effect on a Pokemon through different games, why would they suddenly retcon the race of a random gym leader?

Remakes get a bit more freedom with retcons, but the only kind of major changes we've seen are with villainous admins and leaders (and even then, ORAS Archie and Maxie seem to have been more for plot reasons, given their Rainbow Rocket appearances), postgame content, or including the third version's story. Look at how Hoenn gym leaders were updated for ORAS- they get some touchups, but it's nothing majorly different.
1614073773548.png
1614073783396.png

1614074062940.png

Maybe Crasher Wake is considered to be a more iconic gym leader from Sinnoh- I know he has that cameo in Gen 5- but even taking his Platinum dialogue into account, he only has three scenes outside of his gym battle. He doesn't seem significant enough to merit a major redesign, and if the goal was to give Sinnoh more black characters, making a gym leader who only appears a couple of times black is hardly significant representation.

EDIT: Also, Dahlia's an existing black character they could give more screentime to, like how Anabel got a whole new story in SuMo. (Admittedly, a later generation, but still)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom