• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "DP remakes with LG catching" idea dates back to a leak that correctly predicted Galarian Mr. Mime, its evolution and the gimmick behind the Galar fossils. It was wrong about remakes being released in 2020, though.

1614031836108.jpg

I imagine that after the backlash from ORAS not including the Battle Frontier after HGSS did, they'll reconsider that omission from Gen 6. Plus, this helps them out when the eventual Johto remakes come as well, as they can do exactly what they did in Gen 4, which is port the Sinnoh Battle Frontier over to Johto.

I think when they ported that Battle Frontier over to begin with, that's what set people's expectations relatively high for Hoenn remakes including the Battle Frontier whether they were RS remakes or a E remake.

HGSS sort of gave us the idea that "oh, so they'll match or exceed the content available in the third versions of the games being remade". On top of Crystal's Battle Tower, we had received a whole complex of facilities. I really hope they go back to that.

The games will print money, do why would they care?

I'm pretty sure Game Freak\Nintendo is aware that if the remakes have Pokemon Go's capturing style it'd cause a big commotion on the internet xD As much as I want to believe it, I doubt they'd go this far even if it's gonna give them tons of money.

Pretty off topic, but now that Sinnoh remakes are pretty much comfirmed, do y'all think it's to early to make a ''Gen 5 remake speculation thread'' lol? :ROFLMAO:

I don't see the issue. It might be a little early for anything past Unova though although I secretly hope that Hoenn gets a second pair of remakes once Kalos gets their remakes

Pretty off topic, but now that Sinnoh remakes are pretty much comfirmed, do y'all think it's to early to make a ''Gen 5 remake speculation thread'' lol? :ROFLMAO:

It's never too early, but after people having begged for Hoenn ones for years non-stop and then immediately begging for Gen 4 ones straighta fter release for years without there even being a place to go without people begging for it like rabbid horses.

Please no. Save my soul.

Gen V is one of my favorite gens, so I wouldn't mind a thread as soon as the DP remakes comes out, or even before that. The way things are going it's gonna take 7+ years for it to happen sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom