• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty off topic, but now that Sinnoh remakes are pretty much comfirmed, do y'all think it's to early to make a ''Gen 5 remake speculation thread'' lol? :ROFLMAO:
I don’t see how they’re any more confirmed now than they were this time last last week.
Also, there is one.

I'm pretty sure Game Freak\Nintendo is aware that if the remakes have Pokemon Go's capturing style it'd cause a big commotion on the internet xD As much as I want to believe it, I doubt they'd go this far even if it's gonna give them tons of money.

I doubt there will be Go capture mechanics, but Dexit caused a commotion yet it printed money. GF probably laughs at internet commotions.

For a business, the only thing that matters is money.

I mean yeah, obviously, welcome to capitalism. But it's not quite that simple. Game developers and art teams are still artists who can be passionate about their work. Making money from it doesn't preclude that at all. In fact, most artists quite like to be able to make money off of their work, and there's any number of factors other than "cynical avarice in lieu of care and passion" that can cause their efforts to become compromised or mitigated.

I doubt there will be Go capture mechanics, but Dexit caused a commotion yet it printed money. GF probably laughs at internet commotions.

As much as that's the truth, after all Pokemon is still a very popular franchise, I don't think any developer out there wouldn't care less about their costumers' opinions and\or complaints.

Assassin's Creed Unity, for example, was bashed deeply during its launch back in 2014 due to its numerous bugs and glitches (going as far as to reflect on Syndicate's sales the next year), and while a lot worse than SwSh's case, Assassin's Creed was very popular too.

Maybe Game Freak just doesn't communicate with the fanbase as much as they should.

The last 5 years the soul of pokemon is replaced by money and greed

It happens to everything.

Everything.

I've got to say that I'm a little perplexed as to why, if you think this, you would thumbs-up my post saying pretty much the exact opposite?

As much as that's the truth, after all Pokemon is still a very popular franchise, I don't think any developer out there wouldn't care less about their costumers' opinions and\or complaints.

Assassin's Creed Unity, for example, was bashed deeply during its launch back in 2014 due to its numerous bugs and glitches (going as far as to reflect on Syndicate's sales the next year), and while a lot worse than SwSh's case, Assassin's Creed was very popular too.

Maybe Game Freak just doesn't communicate with the fanbase as much as they should.

We do know that they listen to feedback. There's plenty of examples of it. That's not to say they address every single criticism or that the ones they deem most important to target are the ones that people on forums are passionate about, but it's pretty obvious that they do take peoples' responses into consideration.

Also, there is a national holiday in Japan today, so the announcement of a Pokemon Presents is more likely tomorrow.
I'm just going to bring this post for forefront attention so I don't have to repeat myself.

I have to wonder what's happening with the GTS building/Global Terminal in Jubilife? Seeing as the feature has been moved from a distinct building and is currently a feature of Home (ugh), they're going to have to do something else with that spot. So what are they going to put there?

Last edited:
and is currently a paid feature of Home (ugh)

It's not a paid feature. The premium plan lets you request three Pokémon simultaneously, but you can still request one at a time for free.

It's not a paid feature. The premium plan lets you request three Pokémon simultaneously, but you can still request one at a time for free.

All right, fixed. Still irritating that they put that feature on that overpriced scam of an app in the first place. You want evidence that they're getting greedy, that's pretty strong evidence there, it's 3 times as expensive as Bank for such minor improvements, so where are those $11 extra going? I don't see anything there that warrants such a sharp increase. Bank was bad enough for making cross gen transfers a paid feature, this is even worse.

Which brings up another issue, what to do with Pal Park? That's not staying as is either, and they need something to get you to go to Rt. 221 as that section of the region already has little worth visiting for already.

My issue with the GTS being mobile-only is the unneeded difficulty with direct trading. Now yes, the GTS always had the difficulty of trading, but that was because of players themselves wanting ridiculous trades like a Dialga for a Bidoof, that in of itself clogged up too much space. But a simple timer of how long a trade is allowed to be there before automatically depositing the Pokemon into a PC box would have fixed a lot of the problem.

But this time, the unneeded difficulty comes from Pokemon itself, not the players. Keep the GTS on the console or no dice.

Which brings up another issue, what to do with Pal Park? That's not staying as is either, and they need something to get you to go to Rt. 221 as that section of the region already has little worth visiting for already.

Can easily just have it filled with NPC trades featuring all the regional variants.

Or a GO Park if they wanted to stay true to how Pal Park was (+ maybe they could introduce a new GO Mythical alongside it as another selling point?).

Why making something cost money while it was free for more then 10 years?

In the case of Bank, it was likely to support to server costs, and even then, the asking price (just $5 per year) was pretty small compared to other services of that sort.

I don't think the price hike of Home is justified, though. Like Bolt says, the features, even the paid ones, aren't that dazzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom