• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the feedback from fans... I think they do listen, but mostly just to Japanese fans (at least it used to be like that), which I am not happy about, but can somewhat understand. Wasn't it confirmed by Game Freak themselves that there was a rather mixed response to the "confusing" nature of Sinnoh's dungeons and map layout, and that this prompted them to create a much more linear structure for Unova?

In the case of Bank, it was likely to support to server costs, and even then, the asking price (just $5 per year) was pretty small compared to other services of that sort.

I don't think the price hike of Home is justified, though. Like Bolt says, the features, even the paid ones, aren't that dazzling.
Tell me about it. Stuff like paying to play online (which wasnt the case before ShSW) due Nintendo sucks too. It becomes very expensive

Let's Go Marill Let's Go Elekid
Screenshot_20210223-224516.png

View attachment 140127

FWIW, Joe (Serebii) commented on this over on Resetera, making the point that there's currently no other periphery device for GO (GO Plus was discontinued, GO Plus+ has been MIA for two years now), so reupping on this makes sense from that perspective as well. It might not have any particular bearing on the main series games. It's also worth remembering that SwSh can actually connect to the Poké Ball Plus too, just not to as full of an extent as LGPE.

In the case of Bank, it was likely to support to server costs, and even then, the asking price (just $5 per year) was pretty small compared to other services of that sort.

The server costs are more of an issue for the storage, not the transfers. Transfers don't really take up a lot of resources when you're just using 1 box for like, 5 minutes at most to temporarily store transferred Pokemon as you move them from one game to the other. And they're already giving you 1 box for free with the free version of Home, so why they don't also let you transfer up to 1 box of Pokemon into Home for free is baffling.

View attachment 140127

The more I see coming out this week the more nervous I'm getting. Let's Go is the last game that should be influencing future games, especially the capture mechanics. Either keep it exclusive to mobile or integrate it into 9th gen in a way that doesn't intrude on the existing capture mechanics.

The more I see coming out this week the more nervous I'm getting. Let's Go is the last game that should be influencing future games, especially the capture mechanics. Either keep it exclusive to mobile or integrate it into 9th gen in a way that doesn't intrude on the existing capture mechanics.
I feel you. I dont want Lets Go to be a trend. LGPE was boring, after two days I had enough from it. I regret buying it tbh.

I feel you. I dont want Lets Go to be a trend. LGPE was boring, after two days I had enough from it. I regret buying it tbh.

I didn't even bother buying it because I knew it would be garbage (I did play an in store demo to see how the capture mechanics fared, but other than that I saw no need to even bother with a game like this). Mobile influenced console games are never good, the two markets have nearly opposite preferences and mobile's business practices are generally frowned upon. Indulging in business practices that originated from mobile such as cheap content and microtransactions are more evidence of a company that doesn't care about its fans.

I didn't even bother buying it because I knew it would be garbage (I did play an in store demo to see how the capture mechanics fared, but other than that I saw no need to even bother with a game like this). Mobile influenced console games are never good, the two markets have nearly opposite preferences and mobile's business practices are generally frowned upon. Indulging in business practices that originated from mobile such as cheap content and microtransactions are more evidence of a company that doesn't care about its fans.
Yeah I hate how pokemon got waaaaay to mobile and it shows: Go, Quest, Unite, Cafe mix, Masters, sleep etc. And the normal games lost quality.

Yeah I hate how pokemon got waaaaay to mobile and it shows: Go, Quest, Unite, Cafe mix, Masters, sleep etc. And the normal games lost quality.

Yup. Nearly every Pokemon game that isn't a main series game is a F2P mobile game, and the main games have been almost as cheaply made as the mobile games when the hardware it's on has gone in the opposite direction. And people wonder why there's been more and more complaints about the state of the series.

Anyway yeah, Let's Go Sinnoh, or any kind of game with Let's Go gameplay (especially Let's Go catching mechanics) is pretty much the worst case scenario for whatever we could get this year.

Anyway yeah, Let's Go Sinnoh, or any kind of game with Let's Go gameplay (especially Let's Go catching mechanics) is pretty much the worst case scenario for whatever we could get this year.

I feel like Lets Go Sinnoh is the worst scenario altogether, because it would mean that the Lets Go series took the place of the main remake series. God, that would be such a miserable thing to see.

Yup. Nearly every Pokemon game that isn't a main series game is a F2P mobile game, and the main games have been almost as cheaply made as the mobile games when the hardware it's on has gone in the opposite direction. And people wonder why there's been more and more complaints about the state of the series.

Yeah. It hurts more that Pokemon cant make a game a la Zelda BOTW.

I feel like Lets Go Sinnoh is the worst scenario altogether, because it would mean that the Lets Go series took the place of the main remake series. God, that would be such a miserable thing to see.
Tell me about it. Would feel like a reboot, one I would not like at all

Adelon Used Future Sight!

Diamond of Eternity and Pearl of Infinity coming to the Nintendo Switch on November 21st, 2021

Knowing my luck those names are going to age like milk

Adelon Used Future Sight!

Diamond of Eternity and Pearl of Infinity coming to the Nintendo Switch on November 21st, 2021

Knowing my luck those names are going to age like milk

Well again, I like the Eternity/Infinity theme, but I don't think they'll go for the _ of _ naming scheme, it's too awkward and wordy for Pokemon. Eternity Diamond and Infinity Pearl would be fine.

This year is already giving me 2018 vibes after the Nintendo Direct, where Nintendo didn't have a lot of interest to show, IMO. So I'm really hinging on a good Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remake to give me anything this year at this point... if they pull a Lets Go, I might as well just go sell my Switch.

This year is already giving me 2018 vibes after the Nintendo Direct, where Nintendo didn't have a lot of interest to show, IMO. So I'm really hinging on a good Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remake to give me anything this year at this point... if they pull a Lets Go, I might as well just go sell my Switch.
Yes and buy an Xbox. This will be Or my last game or a game I will enjoy

That's why I was glad to see Rescue Team DX announced: I saw it as a sign that spinoffs were getting back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom